Hell (Sweden) 1983?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Destrozer

Hell (Sweden) 1983?

Post by Destrozer »

On this list: http://cgi.ebay.com/35-TAPES-LOT-S-OF-D ... 2556d9768e there is a Swedish band called Hell mentioned, from 1983. Anyone ever heard of them? Also, there was an extreme Metal act from the UK called Hell, or is that bullshit?
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

i've heard the nwobhm band hell referred to as "black metal" on more than one occasion - before i heard them i thought might have sounded like venom or warfare, and thus were a top want of mine (of course they totally rule but for different reasons). could just be overenthusiastic mislabelling
deathster

Post by deathster »

I have Hell (UK) demos 1984-85 but I would not call it extreme metal, yeah extreme but not really metal, just some industrial noise. But you do not understand it anyway, because of you are poser ( such statements accompanied the letter with the demo).
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

deathster wrote:I have Hell (UK) demos 1984-85 but I would not call it extreme metal, yeah extreme but not really metal, just some industrial noise. But you do not understand it anyway, because of you are poser ( such statements accompanied the letter with the demo).
Huheh..? A completely different Hell from the HELL we all know & love I gather?
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Hope so. :shock:
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
deathster

Post by deathster »

Yes, it has nothing to do with NWOBHM Hell who has EP out.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

By the way, I have a spare hell original 7'' for sale. PM offers if someone is interested.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Stormbringer

Post by Stormbringer »

This is 100% bullshit! I got this supposed 1983 demo from Swedish Hell in a tape trade in the mid 90's and it was some third rate black metal band. Sounded 100% 90's black metal - no way this recording was from from the early 80's, 1993 perhaps, but definitely not 1983!