Your top-3 Metal Mysteries?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Erlking wrote:
The Erlking wrote:
sovdat wrote: In my opinion one of the best US metal albums ever, and more "accessible" to the majority than Crillson.
Hah, to me it's almost impossible to get into. Way too boring and I generally do like US Metal. :)
Neither Crillson nor Sanctum count as 'one of the best US metal albums ever' as far as I'm concerned. There are literally hundreds of albums that are better than those two, both in the 80's and the 90's.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

Noone would be interested in crillson or sanctum at all if it wasnt for this cd collector hyping,they both stink to hell and back.Most people are daydreaming thinking US power/prog between 90-93 is all 'great US steel' most of it in fact is festered with pantera or metallica riffs (listen to the later oliver magnum demos for instance)
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

MassOfKthulu wrote:Most people are daydreaming thinking US power/prog between 90-93 is all 'great US steel' most of it in fact is festered with pantera or metallica riffs (listen to the later oliver magnum demos for instance)
I concur.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

MassOfKthulu wrote:they both stink to hell and back.
They do not! Do you not like Queensryche?
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Crillson has very little to do with Queensryche.

The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I like Queensryche but these are not even close the same level of quality imo.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

The Erlking wrote:I like Queensryche but these are not even close the same level of quality imo.
Well, of course not. I was speaking of the general kind of US power metal kind of sound. Kind of.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
The Erlking wrote:I like Queensryche but these are not even close the same level of quality imo.
Well, of course not. I was speaking of the general kind of US power metal kind of sound. Kind of.
I think deeming Queensryche a Power Metal band in general isn't accurate because they sure went soft after "The Warning". "Rage For Order" marked a totally different direction for the band in my opinion.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
pzman

Post by pzman »

Another one, anyone know more about the alleged Judas Priest recordings with Stock Aitken Waterman?
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

It seems that Sanctum get a lot more praise in countries, surrounded by Alps, while the Greeks are more into Heathens Rage and Paradoxx? :D

OK, saying that it's one of the best US metal albums comes from strictly personal perspective, it is obviously not - yet it's one of those albums that I love to death. ;)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

pzman wrote:Another one, anyone know more about the alleged Judas Priest recordings with Stock Aitken Waterman?
Some stones are best left unturned :|
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I'm more interested in the pre-Rocka Rolla demo's.
metaljunkie

Post by metaljunkie »

apollo.ra wrote:Anyone saw, heared, touched, felt the Attack (Ger) - Beastkiller :shock:
A lot about Attack is a mystery, and the info to be found on the web sometimes is contradictory... as there are several 'official sites' to be found, but most probably without direct participation of Attack mastermind Ricky himself?

Actually I never saw a copy of Beastkiller, and I tried desperatly to find it for years :( and I never found anyone owning a copy as well, so years ago I finally came to the conclusion it does not exist and deleted it from my wantlist...

From what I later read in an interview in a german webzine with Ricky van Helden http://www.metal-almanac.com/pageID_5289250.html Beastkiller was recorded 1987 in a studio in Wuppertal/Germany but was never released to his knowledge - as the owner of the studio disappeared with the tapes before this could happen...
Some tracks on Beastkiller should have been: The Warmachine, Beastkiller, Live or Die, Heroes die young and maybe more - at least the last two tracks were re-recorded and released on later releases

There is an 'official' attack website by Thomas "T.R.O.S." St. Jones who played keyboards and percussion on the very first demos and releases http://www.attackmetal.com/en/index.htm and who claims to be in contact with Ricky here and there telling us that Ricky has gotten back the Master Tapes of Beastkiller, and there will be a re-Release of this Album soon. But that website hasn't been changed for years now, and some of the announced re-releases never happened till today... and the official myspace site http://www.myspace.com/attackofficialsite does not tell us anything new as well...

So we will see if the Attack mysteries will be completly revealed in the future and continue to wait for the re-releases - as hope never dies :wink:
Last edited by metaljunkie on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metaljunkie

Post by metaljunkie »

Angelheart wrote:Did Bathory and Attack from Germany ever played live and who has seen them?
and what I forgot to mention before, due to the web sources Attack actually played live, at least in the first years - probably mostly in the region of Hannover. No more detailed info to be found though... :?:
jman

Post by jman »

pzman wrote:has it been confirmed who the Lords of the crimson alliance guys are?
I had been told that LOTCA is Jamie Laritz, who played with Crack the Sky. I have been trying to get in touch with Jamie for awhile, but he hasn't responded to any inquires. If anyone else wants to try, here's his myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/jamielaritzdogearstudios
SOMEONE......
ANYONE.....
PLEASE!!!!!
REISSUE THIS MASTERPIECE!