ARC - War Of The Ring EP lyrix

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
mordred

Post by mordred »

Yeah, I read the trilogy for the first time when I was eight years old and I've had a lot of practice since! :D

In fact, it's about time I pick up the Silmarillion for my annual re-read. 8)
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

haha i read the silmarillion once a month.what's your favorite part? i always,always read the Turin tale again and again-but my favorite story is the fall of gondolin and the only place to really read that is the book of lost tales part two.try it on for size
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

mordred knows his stuff. can you make out the lines after mithril flash? theyre surely not about dogs and c64 puzzle games
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Here we go, this is the best I can do:

Through Sauron's veil

One red eye pierces through the ??? skies
The Nazgul fly through the air
Shadow stain like black sin polluted rain
Frodo forsaken by fear

Mithril flash
And orc skull smash
And bones are dash to the ground
Within his tower, Sauron unleashes power
No sanctuary to be found

[Chorus]
Ring Mordor, Mordor's fire
Ringwraiths shall find you
Bearer of Sauron's ring
In darkness he shall blind you
[note that this is probably a misconception by the band, they clearly sing blind, although the literary reference is bind]

Balrog breath, Mithrandir's death
But his spirit shall rise
Witch King dies, corrupting where he lies
Light reborn to the skies

Mordor's might, like an endless seething night
Spills like blood from a vein
Free people soon, prepare to meet their doom
???

[Chorus x2]

[Mike Oldfield-inspired solo 8) ]

[Chorus x2]

Blind you!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Balrog breath!! you are a genius!
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

one red eye pierces through the darkened sky (I think)
mordred

Post by mordred »

Khnud is onto it I think. I feel embarassed I didn't understand it's "free people". That should have been obvious.

I'm not happy with the first line of the chorus, but I can't come up with a reasonable transcription I'm afraid.
mordred

Post by mordred »

MassOfKthulu wrote:haha i read the silmarillion once a month.what's your favorite part? i always,always read the Turin tale again and again-but my favorite story is the fall of gondolin and the only place to really read that is the book of lost tales part two.try it on for size
I'm also heavily into The fall of Gondolin and also the tale of Nirnath Arnoediad. Not to mention Fingolfin's confrontation with Morgoth. As some of you might know my second nick on the internet is Fingolfin. My tribute to the elf of elves.

If you like the tale of Turin you must read the complete "Children of Húrin" tale that was published in a separate book last year or so.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Khnud wrote:Here we go, this is the best I can do:

Through Sauron's veil

One red eye pierces through the DARKENED skies
AS The Nazgul fly through the air
Shadow stain like black sin polluted rain
Frodo forsaken by fear

Mithril flash and orc skull smash
And bones are dashed to the ground
Within his tower, Sauron unleashes power
No sanctuary to be found

[Chorus]
Ring Mordor, Mordor's fire
Ringwraiths shall find you
Bearer of Sauron's ring
In darkness he shall blind you
[note that this is probably a misconception by the band, they clearly sing blind, although the literary reference is bind]

Balrog breath, Mithrandir's death
But his spirit shall rise
Witch King dies, corrupting where he lies
Light reborn to the skies

Mordor's might, like an endless seething night
Spills like blood from a vein
Free people soon prepare to meet their doom
???

[Chorus x2]

[Mike Oldfield-inspired solo 8) ]

[Chorus x2]

Blind you!
Also, the first time chorusx2 it's blind you, the second it does sound like bind you?

And the ??? section sounds like it ends on "are forged again" or "once again".
mordred

Post by mordred »

Black Axe wrote:And the ??? section sounds like it ends on "are forged again" or "once again".
I can't hear what it is but you're probably onto something. It should refer to the re-forging of Narsil.
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

this is probably land of mystery material but yes Fingolfin - Morgoth celebrity deathmatch is one of the most epic duels ever penned-made all more tragic by the predestined outcome.
Actually the Tale of Hurin has already been fully told twice,a compressed version on the Silmarillion (based on the prose material to be found in 'Lays Of Beleriand') and a fuller version on Unfinished Tales-minus some 'mim' parts of the story.I did buy the new version to give Christopher Tolkien some extra cash to pay his gardener though,they dont come cheap in France.
'pataphysicien

Post by 'pataphysicien »

I feel like I just walked into a room filled with teenagers playing D&D and it's fucking awesome! :lol: sorry for the disturbance!

*awkwardly backs out the door, closing it silently*
surfacer wrote:Do you know ?

because of stupid like you. Died My old friend Jon Nödtveidt.
mordred

Post by mordred »

MassOfKthulu wrote:this is probably land of mystery material but yes Fingolfin - Morgoth celebrity deathmatch is one of the most epic duels ever penned-made all more tragic by the predestined outcome.
Actually the Tale of Hurin has already been fully told twice,a compressed version on the Silmarillion (based on the prose material to be found in 'Lays Of Beleriand') and a fuller version on Unfinished Tales-minus some 'mim' parts of the story.I did buy the new version to give Christopher Tolkien some extra cash to pay his gardener though,they dont come cheap in France.
Bah, if Fingolfin's and Morgoth's ultimate fighting brawl isn't 'into battle' material then I don't know what is. I must confess to only having read the second part of unfinished tales and only once. Parts 1 and 2 are the only ones translated to swedish, I've been thinking of picking up all twelve in english for a long time but I have not gotten around to do it.

I don't know if you're into them or their brethren, but Blind Guardian's Nightfall in Middle Earth is a truly excellent concept album based on Silmarillion. Way to transfer the book of all books into lyrics. The album basically begins with the theft of the silmarills and ends with Hurin being captured after Nirnath so it's only about half the book crammed in there but marvellously interpretated.

Hah, I got such a Tolkien rush now I'm gonna go to bed and read "how Tuor got to Gondolin".
'pataphysicien

Post by 'pataphysicien »

just to add: I do love Tolkien myself, so no condescending tone intended at all :D
surfacer wrote:Do you know ?

because of stupid like you. Died My old friend Jon Nödtveidt.
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

yeah sure it's the last guardian album i like,and i love most of their previous releases.they happened before the gay eurotrash 'power' metal fad thing anyway.Yeah Hansi does a nice version of turning himself into Feanor and Ungoliant.
haha pataphysicien dont bother yourself! you know,Tolkien,prerequisite for metallers..well,just collateral to some,take your pick.
In any case yeah walk through the seven gates of the singing stone and i'm off to read Morgoth's Ring aka 'How money grabbing British publishers killed the Silmarillion for reader-friendly fluffy hobbits'.damn.Godnatt