Sabbat (Japan)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DMR

Sabbat (Japan)

Post by DMR »

I've been listening to Karmagmassacre a lot lately. It's the only Sabbat album I have. What are their other albums like? Which ones are the best?
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Envenom is a quiet enjoyable album with some of their best hits!...i guess they have loads of live albums,im really not sure how many, but oh well my first Sabbat Cd i got was a live album out of their northamerican tour 2005, its simply perfect!!!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

envenom & the singles are the best. also some of the early live recordings are very külté
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I don't think they've done a bad full-lenght anyway. Fetishism is pretty much the only one I haven't listened much but from what I remember it didn't suck. Envemon, Evoke and Karisma are my favourite albums.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

Karisma, Fetishism, The Dwelling, and Envenom are my favorites.
DMR

Post by DMR »

The Erlking wrote:I don't think they've done a bad full-lenght anyway.
I was afraid of that! Now I'm going to have to put a lot of albums on my want list.

It seems like the best ones are the earliest (that shouldn't be a surprise) plus Karisma. Thanks for the advice, guys.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

get a collection with all their early singles. there are several, some are rare (LP) some are pretty easy to find (CD). then you got the best material
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

Karisma is closest to Karmagmassacre in terms of production and the style of the riffs. I would say Disembody or maybe Fetishism would be the opposite end of their range.
jared

Post by jared »

The Knell wrote:get a collection with all their early singles. there are several, some are rare (LP) some are pretty easy to find (CD). then you got the best material
this.

also, get Evoke and For Satan And Sacrifice
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

ENVENOM is their masterpiece, any doubt about that.
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

My favourite band I think after Iron Maiden, well that will be different tomorrow by for today.....

Karisma Karisma Karisma and Charisma!!
Envenom, Evoke, Disembody, The Dwelling, Fetishism, ...to Praise the Sabbatical queen, these are just great, beyond words really!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Let's bring this one up. Received the new one (Sabbatrinity) today on gatefold LP together with their first album which has been re-released on LP lately. It has been a long time since I last heard "Envenom" but damn this album kicks some serious ass. Nice re-discovery.

The new one sounds very good at first listen. Not yet on par with their last masterpiece "Karmagmassacre ".
Long Live The Loud !!!
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

I answered this thread this morning... My post has disapeared. :?
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

J.K. wrote:My post has disapeared. :?
Same thing happened to lots of posts, don't know why though
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

So I was saying that Karisma (japanese version) is my favourite. And Envenom too. I've been disappointed by Sabbatrinity.
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw