Sabbat (Japan)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DeathMetalWeenie

Post by DeathMetalWeenie »

I have a CD called "Karmagmassacre"...I like it alot. Tons of head banging action, and the music is very powerful and awe-inspiring, ie jaw dropping, just good solid metal.

Everything is fast fast fast and fast-fast.

dig through this webzine voicesfromthedarkside.de ..to get other in sights on this band discography. Pretty much the best heavy/thrash/death/black metal website around, while the best death/black magazine is Sounds of Death.
DeathMetalWeenie

Post by DeathMetalWeenie »

This is my select discography for Sabbat - Nippon. In there discography section over at metal archives. There is like 150 titles to choose from. So get them all...but I went through that list over there and this is what I consider there best releases.

1991 – Envenom

1992- Envoke

1993-Disembody

1994-Fetishism

1999-Karisma

2000-Satanasword

2003-Karmagmassacre

2004-…And the Sabbatical Queen (Compilation)

2004 …To Praise the Sabbatical Queen (Compilation)

2011- Sabbatrinity

I have a compilation called Sabbatical Holocaust, which covers there earliest recordings, but if you like this list then go for Sabbatical Holocaust.
CloudsOfMetal

Post by CloudsOfMetal »

DeathMetalWeenie wrote:This is my select discography for Sabbat - Nippon. In there discography section over at metal archives. There is like 150 titles to choose from. So get them all...but I went through that list over there and this is what I consider there best releases.

1991 – Envenom

1992- Envoke

1993-Disembody

1994-Fetishism

1999-Karisma

2000-Satanasword

2003-Karmagmassacre

2004-…And the Sabbatical Queen (Compilation)

2004 …To Praise the Sabbatical Queen (Compilation)

2011- Sabbatrinity

I have a compilation called Sabbatical Holocaust, which covers there earliest recordings, but if you like this list then go for Sabbatical Holocaust.
I'd say the Dwelling is also essential for any Sabbat fan.
only the heaviest weather available
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

absolutely - the 10th year anniversary releases "black up your soul" and "for satan and sacrifice" are excellent as well, as they re-record many of the early 7" and demo tracks with a sound more in line with the first four full lengths. also has a few nice covers and other odds and ends
DaN
Administructor

Re: Sabbat (Japan)

Post by DaN »

Ha! I knew there would be an ancient Sabbat-thread somewhere in the abyss...

Went on a record-store-crawl today with (obviously, because 2023) very little to show for at the end of the day, except for this surprisingly affordable Sabbat comp:
Sabbat - to praise the sabbatical queen.jpg
Sabbat - to praise the sabbatical queen.jpg (29.14 KiB) Viewed 2719 times
Loving it!
...and then I remembered I also picked up their 3rd studio full-lenght "Disembody" at KIT, more or less as an afterthought since I had the 2 first since way back. Only remembered this now, and haven't 'returned to Sabbat' for a looooong while so "Disembody" followed and I'm loving it even more!

So, what do the current visitors here think I should add to the collection?
Are there any comps with later 7" releases including unique studio recordings? Would be mighty practical considering the complete mess of their total 7" output...
vesselofbalon

Post by vesselofbalon »

I like everything I’ve heard from Sabbat (all of their full lengths) - and have both Evoke and The Dwelling in my collection. I think The Dwelling has my favorite material of theirs. I’ll need to hunt down Envenom at some point.
Lama

Post by Lama »

It's been a long time since I've listened to it, but I remember being very enthousiastic about "Sabbatrinity" (2011), apparently their last 'real' studio album.
Kampel Destruction
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

vesselofbalon wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:19 pm I like everything I’ve heard from Sabbat (all of their full lengths) - and have both Evoke and The Dwelling in my collection. I think The Dwelling has my favorite material of theirs. I’ll need to hunt down Envenom at some point.
Envenom is absolutely flawless and I like it even more than the early singles to be honest. "King Of Hell"... that riff... :shock: :shock: :shock:
I haven't delved into the studio albums from "Fetishism" and onward yet. Are they all great? Any duds I should approach carefully?
vesselofbalon

Post by vesselofbalon »

DaN wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:27 pm
vesselofbalon wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:19 pm I like everything I’ve heard from Sabbat (all of their full lengths) - and have both Evoke and The Dwelling in my collection. I think The Dwelling has my favorite material of theirs. I’ll need to hunt down Envenom at some point.
Envenom is absolutely flawless and I like it even more than the early singles to be honest. "King Of Hell"... that riff... :shock: :shock: :shock:
I haven't delved into the studio albums from "Fetishism" and onward yet. Are they all great? Any duds I should approach carefully?
I had a to refresh my memory on a couple of their albums - they’re all solid and worth exploring imo (full lengths). I definitely have a preference for Envenom, The Dwelling, and Satanasword. I agree, King of Hell is an amazing track.
Fortunately most of their LPs are in print and relatively easy to acquire - I’m currently working on closing some of the Sabbat gaps in my collection.
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

DaN wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:27 pm
All the studio albums are great and my personal favourite changes on a daily basis but the Harmageddon Vinylucifer singles compilation CD put out by Iron Pegasus is an excellent place to start for later unique studio recordings.

Of Satan and Sacrifice and Black Up Your Soul are mandatory alongside the studio albums as killer compilations of early material too.
humus

Post by humus »

A Sabbat thread and I haven’t posted in it? Bloody blighty.

But nothing more to add: can’t really go wrong with any of the full-lenghts or a compilation of the old EP’s. All should be available on both vinyl and CD if you look around a bit.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Cheers for the pointers! All full-lengths now on the buy-on-sight radar :)
Pestkrieg wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:18 pm Of Satan and Sacrifice and Black Up Your Soul are mandatory alongside the studio albums as killer compilations of early material too.
These are re-recordings of early stuff right? Still interesting so added to wantlist.
THF

Post by THF »

One of my favorite bands and the one band I collect (I try to get my hands on first press of all their LPs, all Live LPs and all EPs which will take a while but I am constantly getting closer).
You can't go wrong with any of their albums since all are great but according to me Karisma and The Dwelling stands out.