Are W.A.S.P. real metal or not? POLL ADDED PLACE YOUR VOTE

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Are W.A.S.P. real Metal or not?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:10 am

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 33

ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

If I ever get to write a book about heavy metal I will include WASP on its very first pages... and this statement seals the thread :lol:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

I've seen this topic lots of times, and have never commented, but, while studying and listening to the s/t album, I couldn't resist to ask... how the fuck, HOW THE FUCK THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR7ZW397Lag ISN'T HEAVY METAL!?!?!?!?!?!, somebody please tell me.
anthares

Post by anthares »

Why WASP isn´t metal? :(
I just quit this shit if it isnt metal!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGd3y37Eb7Y
(there just before fifth minute)
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Live at Lyceum :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4ITEG3tDI

"...I wanna know how much of you metalheads FUCK LIKE A BEAST"
DeathMetalWeenie

Post by DeathMetalWeenie »

ION BRITTON wrote:If I ever get to write a book about heavy metal I will include WASP on its very first pages... and this statement seals the thread :lol:

Ha......I do collect every book on the subject of heavy metal....I hope to see yours !!!!!!!. But I do have my own personal taste towards the NWOBHM and amreican thrash metal (you know the bands championed by Kick*ass monthly & Snakepit Magazine France)

I was thinking about this the other day.....If one collects heavy metal, and hardcore punk rock like I did circa, 1982-1987 until that crossover scene died a quick death, for no reason other than every band from that era started to sell-out, or go commerical. How hard it must of been to get LP's from the hair metal bands. Collecting metal and hardcore was a expensive back then, because it was a golden era for extreme music, so I just really ignored the more radio freindly artist.

Glam is on the opposite of heavy / power / thrash / death.

And bubble gum glam punk is on the opposite of hardcore punk rock thrashing.

Now matter what, it always seems that bands who are in the "middle" of extremes, or mid-paced, are the ones first of all to always suffer true indifferance from the metal community.

I am kind of glad for the LA metal scene being the way it was, because it really made me appreciate what was going on in the bay area that much more important and essential.

Anyhow, I do get a chuckle of this groups moniker.

WE ARE SEXUAL PERVERTS.....

And no matter what genre you support, vote with your wallets, I try to get a half dozen of a dozen CD's every week.

One great religous lead stated ' NO ONE IS MY ENEMY BECAUSE THEY PLAY POSER FARE', instead those who steal your lively-hood are the real enemys.

Ha those dumb m!@#$% f*&^%$ at the PMRC did give this band MILLIONS of dollars in Free publicitiy, good going you Al and Tripper GORE f!@#$%s. WASP laughed all the way to the bank.
daniel

Post by daniel »

I really don't understand the point of your latest post DMW. You didn't respond to any of the points put forward since your previous visit, and repeated the same things you've been saying all along.

What's up with constantly trying to sell your ass to Kick Ass Monthly and Snakepit??? You mention them in every post, and what, any bands not mentioned in those publications suck? I wish you were a bit more coherent.

"Glam is on the opposite of heavy / power / thrash / death." Again with this crap. Guess what Punk ain't metal either but somehow that's cool to you, and once a-fucking-gain how can you say a track like "The Heretic" by WASP is in no way related to metal? Glam? You MUST be joking. If you can't discuss this point then stop posting the same shit over and over, or if you simply want to deny reality in favour of applying terms your mentors taught you. Yeah, I'm kinda annoyed at this point, for one thing because I hate it when people post in discussions and ignore things that have been brought up.

"How hard it must of been to get LP's from the hair metal bands. Collecting metal and hardcore was a expensive back then, because it was a golden era for extreme music, so I just really ignored the more radio freindly artist." - I don't understand what you mean at all, why would it have been hard to get the LP:s? It doesn't make ANY sense either saying it was expensive buying the records back then when they came out as opposed to what, now? "Trenton City Murders" didn't cost $100 upon release neither did anything else.

"I am kind of glad for the LA metal scene being the way it was, because it really made me appreciate what was going on in the bay area that much more important and essential." - Why say this? There were great metal acts from all over the US and Canada back then, as well as Europe/Scandinavia/OzNZ/SA...

WASP doesn't stand for what you wrote. If you looked at the lyrics for the first LP you'd know that.

"One great religous lead stated ' NO ONE IS MY ENEMY BECAUSE THEY PLAY POSER FARE', instead those who steal your lively-hood are the real enemys." - This makes little to no sense to me because of how you start it off... Sorry, but is English your first language?
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Maybe if we ignore dmw, this thread can die.
It's worth a try. :)
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

How did this topic began anyway?
I still do not understand people that says this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaekznBEHfM
ain't Heavy Metal.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Quite the opposite bigfootkit. We all know by now that we can safely delete all other threads, forums, parlaments and public squares and let civilisation live on in this thread only.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I heard News Of The World were planning to publish a defining artical about WASP actually being heavy metal next week.
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

He he he... such a sensless thread, but such a fun read.

Never been a big fan but got to see them live once - pretty cool show - but the most I remember about that show is a little blonde Italian dude that sneaked a bottle of ketchup in the festival area and he started sprayin' that shit around during their concert. After WASP finished he was really sad and he called out 'Blackie, Blackie...' but of course he mispronounced it and it came out 'Blucky, Blucky...'

What was my point again... what was the point of this thread again...
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

GJ wrote:Quite the opposite bigfootkit. We all know by now that we can safely delete all other threads, forums, parlaments and public squares and let civilisation live on in this thread only.
No doctor, you misunderstand me, i am not deluded.
My problem is that i live, day after day, in grim reality.

:lol:
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
DeathMetalWeenie

Post by DeathMetalWeenie »

BNR pages has this band W.A.S.P as just a " hard rock " band.....

Those of us who think WASP are not a heavy metal band, why can we not classify them in that genre "hard rock"? Instead of the heavy metal genre.!

I mean it is not a oversight or a huge oversight NOT to INCLUDE them in a book on heavy metal.

I never considered Motley Crue as a heavy metal band either only just "hard rock". WASP have more in common with the Crue, instead of traditional heavy metal and the NWOBHM metal and WASP debuted during the power and thrash metal movements. So they just offered nothing but good solid stadium arena F.M. radio frendliy tunes, and nothing else.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Oh my god ... This thread will never end ... :roll:
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

omen of hate wrote:Oh my god ... This thread will never end ... :roll:
What will never end?