Are W.A.S.P. real metal or not? POLL ADDED PLACE YOUR VOTE

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Are W.A.S.P. real Metal or not?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:10 am

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 33

The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

...and still "Hellion" is one of the best songs ever created. Hands down on that one.
Long Live The Loud !!!
DeathMetalWeenie

Post by DeathMetalWeenie »

Ha...I have WASP in the FALSE METAL CAMP...with sell-out-era... Twisted Sister.

Wasp were more or less Capitol Records answer/ version (but faster and heavier, not difficult really) to Twisted Sisters "Were not going to take it". Twisted Sister's "Stay Hungry" was in May 1984....and Wasp "WASP" was in August 1984....Just they were so close and in the middle of the false metal wave, they were just considered false metal or watered-down metal....!!! Bob Muldowney's main complaint about heavy metal circa 1981-1986, was the misapplication of bands impoper use of the Judas Priest influence, and mixing it with wimp stuff.

TRUST ME there is nothing wrong with a "gateway" anything....any smart night club owner will give you a taste of the beer for free, in hopes you go for the hard stuff like Jack Daniels and Coke, at a much higher price.

I was lucky I got to see Heavy Metal, YEARS before the false metal wave ever happened...I just had a good comparison basis of the real deal metal artist...to the contenders "want to be somebodies".

Whoa....if I ever did a heavy metal book I would pass over the Hair "ball" metal bands....Like WASP, hell I would not even consider putting this band in a heavy metal book period.

If the little ones (children/ grandchildren) in the family ever bring home a WASP album, just be thankful....they will soon develope THE NEED FOR SPEED...and that is when you give the Motorhead's "No Remorse" for their birthday.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

hmm, what do you think of today's "metal"?
Long Live The Loud !!!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

False, true, yadda-yadda. Opinions are like aerses, everyone has one, so who cares?

Judging music by the appearance of the band members is the worst thing one can do. According to your logic Judas Priest must be the ultimate gay band... Who's the ultimate true metal band then, THOR? :lol:
daniel

Post by daniel »

WASP were more metal than Motörhead anyway haha. Sick of all the Motörhead praise, they weren't a metal band.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
FuneralCircle

Post by FuneralCircle »

daniel wrote:WASP were more metal than Motörhead anyway haha. Sick of all the Motörhead praise, they weren't a metal band.
Sometimes you say such odd things that are not called for! :D
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Lemmy always insisted M'head was rock'n'roll rather than HM anyway.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

DeathMetalWeenie wrote:Ha...I have WASP in the FALSE METAL CAMP...with sell-out-era... Twisted Sister.

Wasp were more or less Capitol Records answer/ version (but faster and heavier, not difficult really) to Twisted Sisters "Were not going to take it". Twisted Sister's "Stay Hungry" was in May 1984....and Wasp "WASP" was in August 1984....
Here's the thing. Stay Hungry is heavy metal too. :roll:

Motörhead isn't metal but on a few 90's records.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

stormspell wrote:..According to your logic Judas Priest must be the ultimate gay band... Who's the ultimate true metal band then, THOR? :lol:
It doesn't get much more gay than Thor's pictures. I mean, big muscled blonde guy, striking poses and acting macho? That's really homosexual! And Priest and Accept, to name a couple of the more famous bands, took their "studs and leather" look from gay clubs and bars. For Dog's sake; Accept had a song called "London Leatherboys"!?!! What about record covers depicting half-dressed, muscular men strutting their stuff? Slightly gay?

The ultimate true metal band? Must be with really ugly band members, I should think.

The theory about WASP being signed as an answer to Stay Hungry is ridiculous BTW. WASPs debut was released in August. When WASP started recording, Stay Hungry was months away from creating anything of a stir at all. It took a few weeks of video rotation for that to happen. Both being pushed by record companies because of Quiet Riots success would probably be closer to the truth.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
stormspell wrote:..According to your logic Judas Priest must be the ultimate gay band... Who's the ultimate true metal band then, THOR? :lol:
The ultimate true metal band? Must be with really ugly band members, I should think.
If that's the criteria for judging Troo-ness, then we have a winner ladies and gentlemen:

Calm down ladies! :lol:
Funny though, i always thought the Tatts were just an incredible kick arse Rock'n'Roll band!
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

bigfootkit wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:
Funny though, i always thought the Tatts were just an incredible kick arse Rock'n'Roll band!
Not metal, but they played some outrageously great rock'n roll.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

Are WASP real men ?

Cause all men play on ten and I heard WASP are at 7 or 8... sad.
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

bigfootkit wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:
If that's the criteria for judging Troo-ness, then we have a winner ladies and gentlemen:

Calm down ladies! :lol:
Troo-ness equals gayness?

I mean you are familiar with Mammoth and Onslaught right?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

9 pages and still counting. I wonder what's next on this thread? Mathematical equations proving WASP are real or false metal?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
GJ

Post by GJ »

A poll? Great way to start off war.

...and real metal sucks anyhow!