CHALICE - One Final Sin

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Stormspell

CHALICE - One Final Sin

Post by Stormspell »

Alright, after seeing Daniel's posting in Poisonoise and refreshing my memory how great "One Final Sin" demo was I did a new round of researching and found Mike Dworkin.

He was very surprised anyone still remember CHALICE and expressed interest in checking the place where people still talk about it, so I've invited him over.

Hope he will join here soon and shed some light on CHALICE.

Ah, before overwhelming the guy with requests, unfortunately for all of us but seems he doesn't have extra copies from the tape to sell.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I say that Stormspell should re-issue this great demo.

You've already got a contact.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I've inquired already. Unfortunately it seems nothing else was recorded/preserved. Mike promised to look around and let me know.

In worst case scenario I'll fulfill my dream of making a vinyl EP. If anything, this is THE demo that can inspire me to do a vinyl release. We shall see.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:I've inquired already. Unfortunately it seems nothing else was recorded/preserved. Mike promised to look around and let me know.
Who cares.

Release it without bonus material then.

I only own 3 cassette tapes and hope to never buy another.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

My concern is that a 3-track EP CD with playing time of 15 minutes wont be a good seller and will not appeal to casual customers and/or distributors.

I'll have to sell it at very low price to make it competitive while the production expenses are just the same as producing a full-length CD which really puts investments in jeopardy.

Good thing is my pressing plant offered me a short-run replication recently, so I can make to say a limited 250 hand numbered pressing for the die-hard fans and not bother with unhappy distributors.

Anyhow, I'll think about those things when the time comes. Right now it is like heating up the pan when the fish is still swimming at the sea.
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

stormspell wrote:I've inquired already. Unfortunately it seems nothing else was recorded/preserved. Mike promised to look around and let me know.

In worst case scenario I'll fulfill my dream of making a vinyl EP. If anything, this is THE demo that can inspire me to do a vinyl release. We shall see.
I think a Tape edition would be great too, both sides with the three songs, and also the cost of pressing tapes is WAY more cheaper than pressing vinyls or Cds, the only problem with the tapes is that the shipping costs are higher.
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

stormspell wrote:making a vinyl EP
:shock:
so the spell shall be broken! :wink:
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I don't want to deal with tapes. Very few people buy tapes nowadays, and 95% of them live in Europe and shipping a single tape over the pond costs like $8 which makes the whole venture pointless.

Besides, I doubt the price of making good tapes with silkscreen on tape and decent J-card cost much less than making CDs per se.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

sagrotan wrote:
stormspell wrote:making a vinyl EP
:shock:
so the spell shall be broken! :wink:
I have to do it once, even only as an excuse to be able to point a finger and show people all unsold vinyls gathering dust in my closet :lol:
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Just hearing it for the first time now, first song is very cool!

Yeah, tape releases suck. I hate the current retro-love for tapes; they were always a terrible format. Why do you think CD's took over so quickly when they came on the market? :)

Iordan- I'm just throwing out an idea here, but what about doing a split CD like the Thrash Clash volumes? You could pair up Chalice and something like Iscariot for a 'double demo' release.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

will you people stop discouraging Iordan now he at last decided to press vinyl ;)
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

MassOfKthulu wrote:will you people stop discouraging Iordan now he at last decided to press vinyl ;)
Yeah, for the sake of collecting dust...
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

for the sake of automatically gainsaying everything due to excessive free time in front of a computer.
go collect those silver dics you can serve coffee on.the 250 people that will buy this wont lose any sleep over cd-collectors not buying it.
being obnoxious rules,doesnt it.
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Regarding vinyl, I've been observing and it is alarming how labels which endorsed vinyl pressings are quietly dropping them down, so we'll see how it goes.

I'll consider all the ideas and will make a final decision once/when/if the time comes.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

MassOfKthulu wrote:for the sake of automatically gainsaying everything due to excessive free time in front of a computer.
go collect those silver dics you can serve coffee on.the 250 people that will buy this wont lose any sleep over cd-collectors not buying it.
being obnoxious rules,doesnt it.
Those "silver discs" actually sell though. From a labels perspective it is a much wiser choice. After all, it's still a business. And yes, work is slow right now so, I've got the time to sit at the computer. I'm being paid to surf the net. Don't be upset.