Greeks and US metal, are they really so obsessed with it?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Helm

Post by Helm »

But what do you know about me? Do you know how many records I have bought in my life? Do you know how often I go to shows? What do you know? You don't know anything about me, you're only assuming. I've paid a lot of money for HM but that doesn't make me live it at all, what makes me live it is that it's an integral part of my mindset, it complements my philosophy and beliefs and that I express myself through it proactively.
Do I need to go any further?
You shouldnt've moved a single inch from the doorstep of your biased mind, in fact. You are a very base person and I hope DaN at least realizes how offensive these things you say are and does something about it, because it doesn't bode well for the Corroseum to have moderators that so clearly lack Heavy Metal feeling despite myriads of original cds.
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

Helm wrote:But what do you know about me? Do you know how many records I have bought in my life? Do you know how often I go to shows? What do you know? You don't know anything about me, you're only assuming. I've paid a lot of money for HM but that doesn't make me live it at all, what makes me live it is that it's an integral part of my mindset, it complements my philosophy and beliefs and that I express myself through it proactively.
What do you know about the US Metal bands you call Un-pure how can you say for sure? You have been assuming quite a bit about US Metal bands and their so called intentions and their quest for material possessions and it seems to me in your mind US Metal bands are the only ones who can do wrong and be materialistic and you assume quite a bit about majority opinions of this forum and elsewhere. Also who are you to say what the "heavy metal feeling" is and that anyone lacks it?
tomas

Post by tomas »

Can someone explain one thing to me?

How do you live and breathe heavy metal?
But does it slay witches?
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

I suppose it's the same as some people say they live and breathe football. Or eat drink and sleep football. It just means that something is on your mind all the time, very important, like food or air.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

damn this is getting interesting, i love reading this threads :P

and! i dont see a problem in claiming "i live and breath heavy metal" cause actually im the kind of person that one day ill be a die-hard with that phrase as the main banner, next day i will feel normal or "whatever is just music" kind of person,something like in between you could say,so i could maybe have a conversation about just the music with someone like Avenger, but also i could get deep with someone like Helm, but the point is that it has been like that for years now, and im sure it will keep going on like that, meaning HM is a big part of mi life that i do take in a serious way

back to the subject, well at least greeks have a fascination with US metal, here in Mexico "metalheads" have a fascination with being "bad guys" dress in black all the time, and just consume what big labels release,just stuck with the same 5 bands everyone listens to....sad...oh yea and actually being wasted is more important than attending to shows here...even more sad....
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

i think that there's nothin' wrong when a guy says that he breathes ,lives ,shits ,eats metal or whatever and i don't think that there's nothin' wrong when a guy thinks that a statement like this is kinda silly. Both parts are right .Hey i think that i'm a metalhead ,devoted and proud for it but i have a coupla laughs with myself when i say stuff like that.

It's all part of the magic boyz..............
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
hload

Post by hload »

tomas wrote:Can someone explain one thing to me?

How do you live and breathe heavy metal?
i collect my everyday's shit into a 6X 0,1 X 02 mole and every saturday i sell them to eyaggelos aristofanous(the biggest ironware shop here). it's tested and it comes with ISO 185:2007. needless to say that i don't use the typical toilets.....
GJ

Post by GJ »

Just re-read this thread and I realize Helm's been missing (and missed) for a while (haven't been too active myself during summer). Hope you're ok and that you'll come around here soon.

(high on Seretonin today, am I?) :D
Piotr Sargnagel

Yeah he's been gone a good while now. Hope he comes back?
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

I think he might be displeased about the way how this and some other discussions went. It would be a shame, if he doesen`t contribute here anymore.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Piotr Sargnagel

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:I think he might be displeased about the way how this and some other discussions went. It would be a shame, if he doesen`t contribute here anymore.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the case. Even though those discussions were actually very interesting for the most part. But when discussing music, politics, religions and morality, people can get very emotional. But even that is interesting in its own right!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

and if he did i think he was not the first one to do so ha!
GJ

Post by GJ »

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:But even that is interesting in its own right!
I Agree! Hard not to feel guilty about it in some ways though - due to the voyeuristic or cynical viewpoint it might put you in.
Piotr Sargnagel

It's only voyeuristic if you don't contribute or comment. I don't feel guilty at all, just a bit sad for Helm if he felt offended by people whose feelings probably just ran high. I'm sure he'll be back though, hopefully!
GJ

Post by GJ »

I guess didn't mean this discussion particullary but rather the phenomenon where in a discussion you can remain cool whilst others get very emotional in a way that makes you start to focus nearly as much on their reactions as on what they have to say. And still keeping this interest (amazement, amusement or disgust) to yourself. Don't know if I am good at it though... whatever that would mean.