White Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

Cross - Metal from Above is probably my favorite metal album with blatantly propagandistic Christian lyrics. Scarlet Rayne, on the other hand, I thought was pretty much horrendous.
Zuul

Post by Zuul »

Destructor?
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

Zuul wrote:Destructor?
Thats what they say but i choose to live in denial!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Dodens Grav wrote:Cross - Metal from Above is probably my favorite metal album with blatantly propagandistic Christian lyrics. Scarlet Rayne, on the other hand, I thought was pretty much horrendous.
i found that Cross album quiet boring, have to check out Scarlet Rayne tho...and what?! Destructor?? ill have to do a research on that asap! haha
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The production on that Cross demo is pretty limiting. It could have been much better... And if you don't like Scarlet Rayne, you just aren't a fan of the Power/Progressive scene.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Avenger wrote: Power/Progressive scene.
any bands that you could compare to Scarlet Rayne?? im not much of a prog fan thats why im wondering about it
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:...and what?! Destructor?? ill have to do a research on that asap! haha
not much research required there sport just check the pounding evil lyrics, those dirty rotten god-botherers duped us with their heavy heavy sounds.
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

Avenger wrote:The production on that Cross demo is pretty limiting. It could have been much better... And if you don't like Scarlet Rayne, you just aren't a fan of the Power/Progressive scene.
I'm not very very big fan of that scene, no, but even at that, I found them to be incredibly limp and very uninteresting to the point that the overt Christian messages are not worth tolerating. I do like things like early Queensryche, Fates Warning, Fifth Angel, and Heir Apparent, but overall I think the limp progressive stuff is boring. Feel free to recommend things though, as my exposure to these types of bands is not great.
hload

Post by hload »

Avenger wrote:The production on that Cross demo is pretty limiting. It could have been much better... And if you don't like Scarlet Rayne, you just aren't a fan of the Power/Progressive scene.
I DON'T LIKE S.RAYNE. PLEASE REPLY NOW! :lol: some dudes arranged them to open for s.warrior also. i hope they read the review of one of these gigs in white throne.

when you finished your power/prog disseration please send me a word copy, single spaced, 12, times new roman, bibliography in APA style, in my email :D 8)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

hload wrote:
I DON'T LIKE S.RAYNE. PLEASE REPLY NOW! :lol: some dudes arranged them to open for s.warrior also. i hope they read the review of one of these gigs in white throne.

when you finished your power/prog disseration please send me a word copy, single spaced, 12, times new roman, bibliography in APA style, in my email :D 8)
Huh?
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Oh, and before I forget, for those of you looking to dive deeper into this sub-genre, (although I don't agree that all of these bands are prime examples) here is a Power/Progressive list thread.

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/view ... rlet+rayne
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

stone vengeance - all black speed metal band with really over the top vocals. perhaps the counterpoint to black death
Buried By Time and Dust

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

Leviticus- The Strongest Power LP

np ....on the Rock
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

Avenger wrote:Oh, and before I forget, for those of you looking to dive deeper into this sub-genre, (although I don't agree that all of these bands are prime examples) here is a Power/Progressive list thread.

Hmm...well a lot of that stuff mentioned in that thread that I like I've never really looked at as "progressive power metal." I usually associate that term with softer, inoffensive and usually wank-oriented bands. For example, I've never looked at Enchanter, King's Ransom, Helstar, or Slauter Xstroyes as prog/power metal, but if that's what the genre means around these parts, then I'm a bigger fan than I thought I was.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Dodens Grav wrote:
Avenger wrote:Oh, and before I forget, for those of you looking to dive deeper into this sub-genre, (although I don't agree that all of these bands are prime examples) here is a Power/Progressive list thread.

Hmm...well a lot of that stuff mentioned in that thread that I like I've never really looked at as "progressive power metal." I usually associate that term with softer, inoffensive and usually wank-oriented bands. For example, I've never looked at Enchanter, King's Ransom, Helstar, or Slauter Xstroyes as prog/power metal, but if that's what the genre means around these parts, then I'm a bigger fan than I thought I was.
Uh, what are some examples of bands that you thought fell into that category?

And once again, I don't see how Scarlet Rayne are "wimpy"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-hfQqk2 ... re=related