White Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
BentSlightly

Right

Post by BentSlightly »

That is my interest within the ambiguity of the whole matter. I dunno.
Still seems like a way of bawlking out and trying to make everyone over 40 with kids, content.
Crimson Angel

Post by Crimson Angel »

Stryper, Barren Cross, Sacred Warrior
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Messiah: brilliant band.

Glacier: mandatory stuff

Tyrant (US): Great !

Emerald: Armed for battle EP: Great power metal

Valor etc etc

I thought we already had this one...
Long Live The Loud !!!
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

I like Emerald, Light Force, Messiah, Saint and Glacier a lot...
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

The Sentinel wrote:

I thought we already had this one...
Here :http://thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=326
BentSlightly

I apologize

Post by BentSlightly »

...for being redundant. Still though if you guys love classic stuff checkout Avalanche. They are amazing.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I used to work with this total idiot, that no matter how hard I tried to explain to him that the x-ian image that was pushed on Trouble was mostly from their label. It is like calling Candlemass x-ian, I just don't buy that.
sovdat wrote: Trouble had a Christian perspective, but they weren't really a Christian band.
roihlem

Re: I apologize

Post by roihlem »

BentSlightly wrote:...for being redundant. Still though if you guys love classic stuff checkout Avalanche. They are amazing.
"They Won`t Take Me" is definitely their hit...
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Saint.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

doomedplanet wrote:I used to work with this total idiot, that no matter how hard I tried to explain to him that the x-ian image that was pushed on Trouble was mostly from their label. It is like calling Candlemass x-ian, I just don't buy that.
sovdat wrote: Trouble had a Christian perspective, but they weren't really a Christian band.
The same could be said about numerous doom metal bands and more than some people are willing to admit.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I always have thought on Candlemass as a band with a more Christian approach of what they could accept. A great band anyway.

Others I like are f. ex. Whitecross, Mass (USA), Messiah Force, Puño de Hierro, Leviticus and others in that vein.
mordred

Post by mordred »

doomedplanet wrote:I used to work with this total idiot, that no matter how hard I tried to explain to him that the x-ian image that was pushed on Trouble was mostly from their label. It is like calling Candlemass x-ian, I just don't buy that.
No, it's not like calling Candlemass christian. Candlemass wrote some lyrics about stories that are in the bible. Trouble were praising the lord and jacking off over Jesus christ. Trouble's early work may be some of the best doom metal around, essential stuff for sure, but the lyrics are godawful. If they were "forced" (well, booo-hooo...) to write them doesn't really make them any better. I'd rather have a christian band writing lyrics with non-christian/religious themes than the other way round anyway.

From what I've seen Eric Wagner has insisted that they weren't really christian, but chose the lyrical direction ( themselves ) to make a difference to all the satanic/evil bands around. I dunno, both his and your explanation sounds like attempts to cover old lyrics he can't stand for anymore.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Hellfighter

Post by Hellfighter »

Tyrant - To Late To Prey

What an album! The vocals are haunting.
Hellfighter

Post by Hellfighter »

Add Incubus - Serpent Temptation as well
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Christian lyrics/themes in Doom doesn't bother me one bit. They contrast the dark & gloomy music rather well imo, the same way the 100% White Metal lyrics of MESSIAH are perfect for their ultra-melancholic, godly music.

Classic Heavy Metal is another story. The tarnish on the otherwise perfect 10/10 GLACIER mlp is the slightly christian slant. I actually sent an interview to an old GLACIER member long ago (he said he would be happy to answer it) but never got a reply. In retrospect I wonder if it was because of the 1-2 Q's about their Xian message..

The best White Metal lyrics I've read were probably by CENTURION on their "Cross And Black" LP. Profound without being pretentious or preachy. The weird vocals fit them very well too.