Wives/girlfriends + Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Glen

Post by Glen »

Well, I guess I one of the lucky ones who has a gf who listens to metal. Basically before we met she used to listen more to the classic rock stuff like Jethro Tull, The Doors, Cream etc but then I got her more into the Classic Heavy Metal, NWOBHM, Doom (which are the sub-genres I mostly listen to) and she likes them as much as myself.

The only thing that kind of irritates me a bit is that she doesn't show the passion I show when a great track/album is being played. I generally start headbanging and the usual stuff, whilst she just listens. Even at gigs it's the same thing. I go upfront whilst she remains kind of at the side. It has more to do with her character because she's a little reserved but I would prefer if she got more involved. If a good riff or solo comes on, it would be difficult for me to stay still. :twisted:
Last edited by Glen on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Spitting in the face of mainstream music"

Owner of Iron Horde Promotions
Organizer of the Malta Doom Metal Festival
http://www.maltadoom.com
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

A few years ago i was sitting listening to "Lysergic Funeral Procession", by Down, when my (then) girlfriend came into the room and asked what i was playing.
I replied, "Lysergic Funeral Procession, by Down".
She shook her head and said, "Fucking hell. No wonder you're depressed".
I burst out laughing at this, whilst she just looked at me as if i was nuts.
For some reason, i still think about this exchange from time to time, and it still makes me laugh.
:lol:
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

So, you're dealing with depression?
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Black Axe wrote:So, you're dealing with depression?
I have had problems with depression in the past, (and may again in the future), but things are okay at the moment.
It's something that affects very many people unfortunately.
The incident i was talking about took place a few years ago, but i wasn't suffering from depression at that time either, which just made her comment seem even funnier to me.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

Actually the girlfriends i get to know seldom know exactly what music i like.But what they know sure is that i listen to ''Czech-Russian-Yugoslavian music''.

8)
krokus

Post by krokus »

My fave loves metal like i do. She likes thrash, heavy metal, hard rock, glam etc...but she is not into old death or black metal. She was already into metal before being with me, thats a plus point i think. I dont think i could be with somebody that doesnt like metal. All my friends are into metal too. Dont forget:IF YOU ARE NOT INTO METAL, YOU ARE NOT MY FRIEND :D
Heabymetawhunta

Post by Heabymetawhunta »

My girl was into metal when we first met, and were both into the same style, except she doesnt like death metal, but were both big on HM and such. Its great when we get into bands together, i.e. i come across a killer single, show it to her, and it goes back and forth. The downside to this is when i come home, and she has mail and has that album that i showed her and i become extremly jealous :evil: also, she has to beware to delete her ebay history or else we end up bidding on some same items. and record shopping as well has its difficulties.