REENCARNACION

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
anthares

Post by anthares »

humus wrote:Anybody has a scan of the insert? My copy came without (insert of the original pressing not the re-press).
Its pain in the ass to scan poster sized items. :x
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Babelfish says: "Religion and policy for puta of the excrement" :o
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

This bump reminded me: I should have a quality scan of the insert at home. Later...
DTP

Post by DTP »

absolute monster of an album; very off-putting at first, but i love bands that invoke a "what the fuck is this?" :? vibe (in a positive sense, of course)
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

The Sentinel wrote:Babelfish says: "Religion and policy for puta of the excrement" :o
better literal translation: religion and politics for the whore of shit
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

Reencarnacion are good, but Parabellum and Astaroth were always my favorites. Reencarnacion have some violin in some of their songs, and there is also a documentary on youtube called 888 metal which has band member interviews etc.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

The Parabellum 12"es are unbeatable in terms of fucked up colombian extreme metal
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Knell wrote:The Parabellum 12"es are unbeatable in terms of fucked up colombian extreme metal
This cannot be overstated. As cool as the old, extreme Medellin-scene were, mullebarP were in an entire league of their own.
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

that reencarnacion documentary is really cool. wish it had subtitles though, my spanish can only pick out bits and pieces
Helm

Post by Helm »

I also would want to know what they're talking about. I don't think I'll ever stand to listen to more than one Parabellum or Reencarnacion song in a row but there's something definitely compelling in their noisy black metal. Modern listeners like to deify Blasphemy for a similar sort of music and it seems to me the Columbian dudes mean it much more than Blasphemy, whom I always thought of as a novelty band to be honest, so those listeners that like that sort of thing should look into the SA scene more.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I don't think Blasphemy are/were less genuine than the colombian dudes.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

I much prefer Parabellum to Reencarnacion but the latter have their charm too!
Helm

Post by Helm »

The Knell wrote:I don't think Blasphemy are/were less genuine than the colombian dudes.
HM is a strange place and something that is genuine can also appear as novelty... I don't know... I don't get the Ross Bay Cult thing with the power lifting and the photo posing... seems a bit more fun that what you'd expect. Their interviews are usually the black metal pose impenetrable 'FOR SATAN AND BLOOD' stuff, I can't judge from that.