The 'Singing along with King Diamond' curse.

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Well, Harry "The Tyrant" Conklin sung surprisingly well "Gypsy" at KIT X last year.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I haven't heard any MF or KD covers I think.. Well except Metallica doing Curse Of The Pharaohs with King himself (on youtube).
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Black Axe wrote:We all know where this thread is headed to. So, who'll be the first to post her/his samples of "diamond-false-etto's"?
I was thinking the same thing.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Brainbiter

Post by Brainbiter »

The King's falseto is one of the most heavy metal things in heavy metal and I'm sure it's non-ironic appreciation is strictly limited within our circles. It's SO WRONG and yet it feels SO RIGHT. I was born on the cemetary under the light of the MOOOOOON! It still sounds so wrong that it's scary, even after all these years.

Yesterday, inspired by this thread, I put on some King Diamond (The Eye) at the video club I work in, which is a rather large and "hip" one, and sang along, just like I would if I were home. A colleague and fellow metalhead joined in. Nobody cared apart from a few puzzled glances our way. We took over. :D A small victory, I know, but a victory nonetheless.

So... Heavy Metal vs Their World: 1-0.

Praised be the King and the Metal that He brings!
"The destruction of a thousand billion sea creatures to satisfy man's appetite for metal is insane"

Days Of The Locust. My blog o' movies.
rictusgrin666

Post by rictusgrin666 »

A couple of days ago I ended up watching some of The Roadrunner 25th anniversay dvd with Ripper Owens singing Curse of The Pharoahs, Abigail, and Alison Hell w/Jeff Waters on guitar. I thought he really nailed it! Very powerful sounding.
You want it to be one way. But it's the other way.