The 'Singing along with King Diamond' curse.

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Vinny Black

Post by Vinny Black »

I don't think I ever heard any MF/KD covers(thank God?). Maybe Robert Smith(The Cure) could pull it off. :D
"My music is not modern, it is merely badly played." Arnold Schönberg 1874-1951
zeuhl

Post by zeuhl »

Twisted Tower Dire's take on "A dangerous meeting" is pretty good. Also, I remember enjoying Portrait playing "Halloween" live in Tampere.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

i used to have "a corpse without soul" as a ringtone in my mobile phone, so guess everyone´s faces back at school when the song came up to the first scream!.... :lol:

you got to be kidding me :? :roll: ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7A-dqoxvaA
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

And I used to have Razor's "The Marshall Arts" as a ringtone but I wasn't in school at that time. Anyway as the song begins with sheepdog screaming like a maniac it sure surprised quite a few people everytime I was getting a call while in a bus, train or something.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
MEXDefenderOfSteel

The Erlking wrote:And I used to have Razor's "The Marshall Arts" as a ringtone but I wasn't in school at that time. Anyway as the song begins with sheepdog screaming like a maniac it sure surprised quite a few people everytime I was getting a call while in a bus, train or something.
arent those face reactions cool? :lol:
rictusgrin666

Post by rictusgrin666 »

But isn't it funny how, when you're wailing along to KD/MF you sound EXACTLY like the King? And then when you're singing unaccompanied it just sounds like utter shite.

Same with doing the high "Alice's" in Alison Hell!!
You want it to be one way. But it's the other way.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

When I Do The 'FATE it always sound awful. Here's to consistency!

I wonder what sounds worse though: trying to mimic King or "singing" those classics in your usual 'rah-rah wuh-wuh!' drunken brawl?
Helm

Post by Helm »

rictusgrin666 wrote:But isn't it funny how, when you're wailing along to KD/MF you sound EXACTLY like the King? And then when you're singing unaccompanied it just sounds like utter shite.

haha exactly! To our ears any third octave falsetto note sounds the same when backed by the King. And then the music suddenly cuts off and you... hear... yourself...
GJ

Post by GJ »

What the fuck! Are you questioning rictusgrin666's falsetto? :D
MEXDefenderOfSteel

rictusgrin666 wrote:But isn't it funny how, when you're wailing along to KD/MF you sound EXACTLY like the King? And then when you're singing unaccompanied it just sounds like utter shite.

maybe i have already noticed this, but ok, imma check it out later tonight with a couple of beers 8) haha
rictusgrin666

Post by rictusgrin666 »

Well after a couple of beers, one's falsetto does seem to also sound completely awesome to one's ears! :lol:
You want it to be one way. But it's the other way.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I do the "Diamond-falsettos" all the time: In the car, shower, etc. You can't live without them :D
Long Live The Loud !!!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

The Sentinel wrote:I do the "Diamond-falsettos" all the time: In the car, shower, etc. You can't live without them :D
the story of my life too man :roll: ....
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

We all know where this thread is headed to. So, who'll be the first to post her/his samples of "diamond-false-etto's"?
Rick

Post by Rick »

Helm wrote:Actually has anyone *ever* heard a good KD/MF cover song? I don't think I have.
I heard several terrible ones and a couple of somewhat acceptable ones. There's a cover of 'Dressed in White' by Destiny's End in which I think James Rivera does an ok job. Although nothing is like the King himself.