The 'Singing along with King Diamond' curse.

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Helm

The 'Singing along with King Diamond' curse.

Post by Helm »

O fellow sufferers, you know who you are. When a King Diamond or Mercyful Fate record is playing, you know all the words (or at least you know the words of the non-high-pitched notes) and you feel INFERNALLY COMPELLED to sing along. That is truly, the Curse of the Pharaohs. My brother just returned from his work to me screaming "AAAAAaaaaAAAaaAAAA ..AND BECOME, LUCIFER'S CHIIIIIioh hi brother, how was work?".

Also I've learned to never listen to Mercyful Fate while having sex because I am striken by my affliction even then and it doesn't bode well to go on about molesting corpses while in an amorous configuration.

This is a thread for coming out. It is fine. You're amongst friends and fellow sufferers. Share your embarrassing stories borne of just being unable to not sing along with King Diamond here, let it all out.

At least we're not suffering from something even more embarrassing like Geoff Tate disease.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Ha ha.. All I can say is I recognize the singing-along-to-MF-lyrics dilemma. You always end up sounding like a complete retard. Never tried the sex thing.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I always repeat the following while having sex:

"I turn off the lights, we like darkness
Now you call my name, you finally came "
voidghast

Post by voidghast »

Ahaha I've experienced this curse quite a lot of times. When I was learning to play "Black Funeral" on the guitar I often felt really compelled to do a kind of hum/half singing along at the same time. I know most of the words but get the verses kind of mixed up. Of course the guitar is plugged into the amplifier and I'm doing a kind of soft singing when this happens. Still, if anyone were home when this was going on they'd likely get a major laugh out of my half-assed falsetto.
zeuhl

Post by zeuhl »

Umm, heh... Someone posted this on another forum earlier today..
Helm

Post by Helm »

They are long-time sufferers, I can see.

Thank you for the wonderful stories so far :D
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I only sing along to MF/KD when I'm in my car, by myself. This way, I won't risk the neighbours calling the police, thinking someone's about to get murdered in my apartment. Besides, the engine muffles most of my horrible singing voice.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Haha! I actually don't think I have got this disease. But then again I practiced my falsetto the other day singing "I can not sleep at night - that's what the day is for anyway" trying to convince my two daughters to stop that annoying Amy Diamond (Swedish child star, sort of grown old) worship and giving their souls to the King...

They weren't converted (yet). :twisted:
Vinny Black

Post by Vinny Black »

I've found that singing along with the King(apologies to The King) enhances my spiritual and physical well-being, as well as make the wallpaper crumble down from the walls, but that's stuff you can learn to live with. The cat, if a specimen of said breed should happen to be present, can get more than a little annoyed/scared though.
"My music is not modern, it is merely badly played." Arnold Schönberg 1874-1951
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Haha, about what Vinny just said, once I was too excited listening and """"singing"""" to MF and a neighbour came by to see if there was something wrong. I guess the only songs we can kinda sing along are Curse Of The Pharaos and Nuns Have No Fun. Haven't done any King sing along in a while though.
And also I think that bands should stop doing MF/KD covers. Unless it's Rob Halford or someone like that singing, there's no way it isn't gonna suck.
Helm

Post by Helm »

Actually has anyone *ever* heard a good KD/MF cover song? I don't think I have.
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

Ah, this brings back good memories. One day I was in a pizza shop and I wore my King Diamond shirt. The waiter comes up to me and says "Grandma!"(in a king diamond voice) and we then sing Welcome Home in unison. Another waiter then comes to our table and the three of us sing The Invisible Guests. Good times...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

zeuhl wrote:Umm, heh... Someone posted this on another forum earlier today..
Hahahaha...

Look at the emo kid...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

Helm wrote:Actually has anyone *ever* heard a good KD/MF cover song? I don't think I have.
I think Corrupt's version of Curse of the Pharoahs is more than decent.
msp

Post by msp »

Helm wrote:Actually has anyone *ever* heard a good KD/MF cover song? I don't think I have.
I think WOLF covered "A Dangerous Meeting" on one of their past Lps - it was not too shabby if I remember
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...