Italian metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
metalmaster

Re: Italian Heavy Metal band with female vocal.

Post by metalmaster »

protodoom wrote:BLACK GHOST from Parma.
In 1985 release a demo-tape, their first and last album.
The vocalist is called Lisa "Lee Hevil" Belladonna.
Black Ghost giot an album?????????????????????? :shock: I need it!
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

zeuhl wrote:Found Arpia 7" from 1993 at a record fair today. Can't listen to it right now as my record player is being fixed.. But how common is this one?
if you dont like it, you can throw it straight to me! :lol:
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

I have another recommendation, it's the newly re-released debut album by SABOTAGE "Rumore Nel Vento". They played some English sounding power metal in Italian speech, really good.

Also a very nice making-up by Jolly Roger Records, with a new cover artwork.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

black ghost dont have any albums as such,just this demo with that killer opener 'heavy metal aaangeeel,are youuu'
i love the domine demos.Gunfire's unreleased 80s demos.Spitfire demos..just killer..the black evil demo..
Roberta Morgana Delaude -Lady Winter..masterpiece..and her hurtful witch demo before morgana..
the evil zone demo..pure old manowar worship and a voice that rivals early Eric Adams
and a shitload of top quality stuff.I should do some uploads
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

the evil zone demo..pure old manowar worship and a voice that rivals early Eric Adams
That's a fucking great demo, but the sound quality is the worst possible, even for demo standards. Makes the audition a torture.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

yeah true-i contacted the band for an original to try n produce a better rip but all i got back was reworked versions of dragonia etc and they simply didnt live up to the original tracks.shame
ah and the anathema -salem lunacy demo! masterpiece
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
DTP

Post by DTP »

not totally metal, but RAW POWER's 'screams from the gutter' is some of thee most *intense* crossover ever laid down...

GHOSTRIDER/NECRODEATH, FINGERNAILS, BLACK HOLE & HOCCULTA seconded...

not sure if these were mentioned yet:

MALOMBRA
ZESS
IL SEGNO DEL COMANDO
HOLLOWED
ABYSMAL GRIEF
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Hellpreacher wrote:not totally metal, but RAW POWER's 'screams from the gutter' is some of thee most *intense* crossover ever laid down...
KILLER, don't know if i should put it under the crossover tag as it's more HC/punk to my ears, but that doesn't matter much, the album slays.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DTP

Post by DTP »

yeah, they definetly came from the HC school, but very few hc bands were employing constant doublebass drumming and esp blistering lead solos like RxPx did in '85...but hey, i'm just glad you dig it! :)
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:I have another recommendation, it's the newly re-released debut album by SABOTAGE "Rumore Nel Vento". They played some English sounding power metal in Italian speech, really good.

Also a very nice making-up by Jolly Roger Records, with a new cover artwork.
I received this one today. Good stuff. I can hear some riffs that were also in the 2nd album, for example the opening "Rumore nel vento" is very similar to "Ridin' through the dark".
I now would like to see a rerelease of the 2nd album.

theclansman74

Post by theclansman74 »

All mentioned are good names, i really like Strana Officina (see them live in Italy many times in last year and half, in september they begin to write a new album !), Steel Crown (we try to rerelease material on cd), Vanexa, Crying Steel, Black Hole, Spitfire, Adramelch, Hocculta, and don't forget the mighty: Skanners (PowerClass of Eightees)....Sabotage , check also Hoka Hey (Just rereleased on cd) PowerThrash Deluxe ! many others to discover :!:
DaN
Administructor

Re: Italian metal

Post by DaN »

The Corroseum wrote:Did you know that Santa Claus lies buried in Italy?
I just added 6 Italian Metal reviews to the Reviews-section. Apart from the ones just uploaded in Poisonoise there is also CRYING STEEL:

[youtube]yye0ODdpEMQ[/youtube]

...and REVENGE:

[youtube]BnK8S8TNwIo[/youtube]
[youtube]EuOx96W5a9c[/youtube]
[youtube]r-PQc98QJC8[/youtube]

Got a few singles and comps coming up after christmas, hopefully.

Concerning Italian Steel on the whole, I've been collecting so much from this country through the years that it's been a while since I discovered something really great and previously unheard, at least on vinyl, but I'd love to hear about the recent discoveries of other members...
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

DaN wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:03 pm [youtube]BnK8S8TNwIo[/youtube]
An Italian band inspired by Priest whose vocalist isn't screechy or squeaky. They fit in with the better Ebony label bands, I think. Cheers!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Someone has to mention this, in this decade too:
[youtube]gg7hDYrXNwI[/youtube]
In case you don't know it, stop whatever you are doing and listen!
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Priamos wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:31 pm Someone has to mention this, in this decade too:
[youtube]gg7hDYrXNwI[/youtube]
In case you don't know it, stop whatever you are doing and listen!
Another gem for sure! Unfortunately it shares the same destiny as with Crying Steel: The following mini isn't in the same league at all :(