CRAP or MEDIOCRE known or well known only Bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I haven't heard it yet :oops: but I've noticed from others that it's very bombastic and this will be the main ingredient on their new album (FUCK), I don't hope so, BUT I'm gonna see them on the coming tour, I just can't get enough of these old songs. The only fucking problem is Crapsody as support.

I'm very very disappointed with Slayer, they blow chunks live
Long Live The Loud !!!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've heard "Sons of Odin" Ep, it sounds promizing, but I'm waiting for the whole new album to have an opinion because the main trouble with MANOWAR latest releases its that there are only two or three good songs per album. The others are fillers.

I saw SLAYER live on their last tour. It was a big disapointment. Arraya is totally out of voice and the new songs sucks.
And now they are ripping off their fans too : 80 Euros for a hockey T-Shirt !!
msp

Post by msp »

Metallica - happily sucked the corporate cock and then tried to make an aggresive album again and failed miserably. MTV metal of the worst kind.

Slayer - give it up. Should have retired gracefully after SITA.

Megadeth - see Slayer. Substitute SITA with Countdown..

Pantera - poor mans Exhorder

Deep Purple - boring

Gaydle of Filth - should have called it quits after the first album. Panto-metal.

I really despise bands like Lost Prophets, Incubus, Korn & Linkin Park etc.
humus

Post by humus »

Manowar.
I don't hate them, I just find them laughable. Weird to see such a horde of worshippers surrounding them, I just can't understand that.
Junkyard Barbarian

Post by Junkyard Barbarian »

msp wrote:Deep Purple - boring
I dont get this, anyway
are you into Rainbow??
Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction...
Ryacus

Post by Ryacus »

Junkyard Barbarian wrote:
msp wrote:Deep Purple - boring
I dont get this, anyway
are you into Rainbow??
I haven't listened to much rainbow stuff believe it or not,I see Straight Between the Eyes on vinyl very cheap from time to time but I never picked it up because it doesn't feature dio on vocals.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

When i have a band in my hate lists i mean i don´t judge the whole discography.I never will say anything about METALLICA,MOTLEY CRUE,STRATOVARIUS,H AMMERFALL and others because even if they have released some albums that i don´t like or have let me down some times but that´s something that occures to all bands,but they have released at least something that i like very much and that can be even a song.I will respect them forever.The bands i mentioned in my previous posts are all Abominations as far as music goes and not only.
Junkyard Barbarian

Ryacus wrote:I haven't listened to much rainbow stuff believe it or not,I see Straight Between the Eyes on vinyl very cheap from time to time but I never picked it up because it doesn't feature dio on vocals.
I nearly (blindly) bought this vinyl, also
but I heard a song and so far am pretty happy of not purchasing it, sounds like mediocre AOR or something
though the '70s stuff is mindblowing
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Ryacus wrote:I don't care what anyone says I could never understand the hype around venom and hellhammer from random extreme metal fans, It may have sounded extreme back then but it sounds like sloppy shitty noise to me.
Perhaps it is because you are a young metal fan who is not much familiar with the sense, feeling and metal of those two bands. Even when i like many (real) Metal styles, from melodic to extreme, I think Venom and Hellhammer are far of being "sloppy shitty noise".
tomas

Post by tomas »

i'm a young metal fan too (24) but i don't think hellhammer and venom are sloppy and noise bands.
especially hellhammer. pure heaviness, very extreme and primitive. far more extreme than some of those new 'extreme' bands ........
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I need that damn Satanic Rites picture LP from Hellhammer. The best song from Venom is "Witching hour" IMO, one hell of a song, perfectly embodies filthy raw headbanging fury.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Ryacus

Post by Ryacus »

metalmaster wrote:
Ryacus wrote:I don't care what anyone says I could never understand the hype around venom and hellhammer from random extreme metal fans, It may have sounded extreme back then but it sounds like sloppy shitty noise to me.
Perhaps it is because you are a young metal fan who is not much familiar with the sense, feeling and metal of those two bands. Even when i like many (real) Metal styles, from melodic to extreme, I think Venom and Hellhammer are far of being "sloppy shitty noise".
Being young has nothing to do with it,I'm sure plenty of people agree that those bands sound like shit and I do listen to black/thrash/death metal so you can't claim that I'm just not a fan of abrasive stuff and if you are trying to imply I listen to "modern" stuff then you are dead wrong I doubt I would be at this forum if I did.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Ryacus wrote:
metalmaster wrote:
Being young has nothing to do with it,I'm sure plenty of people agree that those bands sound like shit and I do listen to black/thrash/death metal so you can't claim that I'm just not a fan of abrasive stuff and if you are trying to imply I listen to "modern" stuff then you are dead wrong I doubt I would be at this forum if I did.
I have only heard modern Black and death metal fans calling Venom and Hellhammer crap... Anyway, it is a matter of tastes. And you have a very bad taste :D

On the other hand, Venom and Hellhammer may sound "shitty" but both were unique bands, the originators, the creators of Black and Death Metal besides Bathory and others as you know. I appreciate that very much than those thousand of clones playing very technical with zero personality.

They would be shit (as you call them) but if I wouldnt like their music, they would get all my respect due to the fact that they were unique and original.
Ryacus

Post by Ryacus »

I have bad taste because I don't like 2 bands real good logic there fuckhead,perhaps you should go back to eating cactus and fucking chihuahua's.

You know what Dan just fucking ban me now I don't want to deal with this greasy spic so just fucking ban me now!!!!!!!!!!
Junkyard Barbarian

pretty nervous reaction