Most catchy album ever

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Buried By Time and Dust

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

Satan - Court in the Act is catchy.The guitars buzz in my head hours after taking the Lp of the turntable.Brian Ross.. unbelievable

Motorhead- Ace of Spades lp (been in my car deck since 1980)

and on a different feel

Paul Chain-Alkahest (weed and beer everytime this one plays)
pentagramophone

Post by pentagramophone »

Slander - Careless Talk Costs Lives
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Buried By Time and Dust wrote:Satan - Court in the Act is catchy.The guitars buzz in my head hours after taking the Lp of the turntable.Brian Ross.. unbelievable
I'd call it awesome and melodic, but catchy...?
Buried By Time and Dust wrote:Paul Chain-Alkahest (weed and beer everytime this one plays)
I don't have that album, but nothing I've heard by him comes close to being catchy.

Nor does anything featuring Lee's vocals for that matter, which only makes me want to put something off and forget all about it. But that's just me.
Buried By Time and Dust

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

Black Axe wrote:
Buried By Time and Dust wrote:Satan - Court in the Act is catchy.The guitars buzz in my head hours after taking the Lp of the turntable.Brian Ross.. unbelievable
I'd call it awesome and melodic, but catchy...?
Yes,catchy.It means catching attention which this LP does
also catchy,arousing interest or easily remembered which it is
Buried By Time and Dust wrote:Paul Chain-Alkahest (weed and beer everytime this one plays)
I don't have that album, but nothing I've heard by him comes close to being catchy.

Nor does anything featuring Lee's vocals for that matter, which only makes me want to put something off and forget all about it. But that's just me.
I think Lee has some catchy vocals on Soul Sacrifice Ep.Especially Autumn Twilight but I was really referring to the Paul Chain tracks.

How about Acid.They are very catchy to me
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

It seems that everything depends on the listener. Theoretically, anything can be pleasing and at the same time easy to remember depending on who is the person who is listening to it. I suppose there must be some people on this planet that needed a couple of years to get into Aces of spades (the track) or Breaking the law. I won't be surprised if i see WATCHTOWER or SLAUTER XSTROYES being mentioned in the next posts.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

Stained Class, Court In The Act, Number Of The Beast, Thunder & Lightning, Melissa, Welcome To Hell...
Keep politics OUT of this forum
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

why in satan´s name no one has mentioned one of the most catchy and easy to remember metal album of all times...RIOT-THUNDERSTEEL!!!

i totally agree with Demon-Unexpected Guest and Heavy Load-Death or Glory

i also love Running Wild,but i have never found a full album of them to be total catchy, there is always a song or maybe 2 that u can skip...no mean to disrespect the die-hard fans,im just saying they have some really unforgettable songs that are no match even for their "whole rest of their song collection"

i also found Cirith Ungol not quiet easy to "digest" the first time i checked them out....of course this has change :roll:
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:why in satan´s name no one has mentioned one of the most catchy and easy to remember metal album of all times...RIOT-THUNDERSTEEL!!!
This one I will agree with.
I would also like to add:
Atilla - Rolling Thunder
Thrust - Fist Held High
Mass - Metal Fighter
Black Tears - The Slave
Wolf - Edge of the World
Blowin Free - Enemy

There are tons but these are the ones that stand out the most in my mind.
Helm

Post by Helm »

ION BRITTON wrote:It seems that everything depends on the listener. Theoretically, anything can be pleasing and at the same time easy to remember depending on who is the person who is listening to it. I suppose there must be some people on this planet that needed a couple of years to get into Aces of spades (the track) or Breaking the law. I won't be surprised if i see WATCHTOWER or SLAUTER XSTROYES being mentioned in the next posts.
The thing is a lot of HM people take 'catchy' as an insult. They think it means 'even a pleb could understand and enjoy this music on the first few listens' and they don't want that because it makes them feel less special about their listening habits. I didn't understand Watchtower or Slauter Xstroyes on the first few listens, but now that I'm used to the peculiarities of HM I certainly think they're catchy a lot of the time. Same for Voivod or Spectral Incursion or what have you. Nigro mantia is party music for me.

But stuff that was just 100% catchy from the first time I head it even as a virgin brain, I go with the classic songs: Ace of Spades, The Ripper, The Trooper, Paranoid... they created a couple of generations of metalheads thus far, there's a reason these bands are so widely revered. Catchy songs.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Helm wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:It seems that everything depends on the listener. Theoretically, anything can be pleasing and at the same time easy to remember depending on who is the person who is listening to it. I suppose there must be some people on this planet that needed a couple of years to get into Aces of spades (the track) or Breaking the law. I won't be surprised if i see WATCHTOWER or SLAUTER XSTROYES being mentioned in the next posts.
The thing is a lot of HM people take 'catchy' as an insult. They think it means 'even a pleb could understand and enjoy this music on the first few listens' and they don't want that because it makes them feel less special about their listening habits. I didn't understand Watchtower or Slauter Xstroyes on the first few listens, but now that I'm used to the peculiarities of HM I certainly think they're catchy a lot of the time. Same for Voivod or Spectral Incursion or what have you. Nigro mantia is party music for me.

But stuff that was just 100% catchy from the first time I head it even as a virgin brain, I go with the classic songs: Ace of Spades, The Ripper, The Trooper, Paranoid... they created a couple of generations of metalheads thus far, there's a reason these bands are so widely revered. Catchy songs.
I translated 'catchy' as 'πιασαρικο', a word that certainly creates a more-melodic-than-usual connotation, at least in my mind. Therefore the change of my list.

If something is 100% catchy from the very first time i think that depends on how ''many musical miles'' the listener has already run at that time. I personally couldn't regard a band like SLAUTER XSTROYES as catchy when i first heard them 8-9 years ago, but now that i studied and ''digested'' them, it's quite possible that i may consider a similar new band i will hear as catchy without having to listen to them more than once.

I had already heard a lot of the ''basics'' by the time i bought "One foot in hell" and i loved it from its very first note to its last one the first time i heard it. I don't think that that would have happened if i had heard it 2 or 3 years earlier.

So i believe that all this discussion about trying to find the ''catchiest'' album ever is getting too subjective, don't really think we will all agree even on the most ''obvious'' of cases, everything depends on who and when is listening to each album.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

ok im getting confused now...catchy as Helloween´s "I want out"?....
Helm

Post by Helm »

ION BRITTON wrote: I translated 'catchy' as 'πιασαρικο', a word that certainly creates a more-melodic-than-usual connotation, at least in my mind. Therefore the change of my list.
Yeah that's what I meant. For you non-native greek speakers (HEATHENS! PHILISTINES!) that pretty much translates to 'hooky' really and most metalheads speak the word with disdain as if it applies only for pop music or worse. Personally I think it's high compositional praise for even a HM band to be catchy. It shouldn't be JUST catchy, but hooks certainly help keep my interest!

With the rest of your post I agree. When you're more experienced more things uncover their hooks. This is why I said 'Paranoid, Ace of Spades, The Trooper'. Because these are catchy even to total HM virgins.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

ATHEIST "unquestionable presence" once you have digested it ! :lol:
REPULSION:"horrified"

There's billions of catchy records!
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

It's a 3 way tie between Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind, Deep Switch - Nine Inches of God, & King Diamond - Abigail.
Sir.Ungol

Post by Sir.Ungol »

Omen-Battle Cry