Rare 80's early 90's metal from ....africa :)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
commando lightning

Post by commando lightning »

roihlem -
great info , that compilation cd sounds intresting , good starting point to dig some south african extreme stuff.

did you own it? or know anything about the label who released it?
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

No, I don`t have it. It was released by Inhouserecords in 93, the label that also released the Odyssey LP. I`ve seen a copy in Czech Republic, but did not pick it up, since I am not that much into extreme Metal anymore...
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

Hebrewcommando wrote:yeah there are bands in morrocow and some arab countries ,though
what really intrest me is like to find such a band from places like ethiopia , congo . you know

though i dont really think there were any bands in eygpt or morrocow in the 80's ... seems unreasonable , Even todays metal fans there can go to jail

i know of a case , some eygptian guy went to jail for listening to metal
Yeah shitty conservative "Islamic" laws, but well if seen quite a number of bands in MA of the countries mentioned, even Iran has a couple bands :twisted: Still, im gonna be on the look.

Congo and Ethiopia that shit must be REALLy fucking hard to find. Good luck, but I think your not gonna find anything at all.
Keep politics OUT of this forum
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

there is at least 1 private metal 7" from S.A. from the late 80'.s I had the info here somewhere but I cannot find it now unfortunately.
commando lightning

roihlem - ok man , appriceate the info

solid - yeah but those are modern bands , like , Its mainly they know metal because of the internet , so now its a normal thing you know , but to find a band from muslim country before the internet days , Thats sound really not reasonable , since such countries dont really let such stuff in their countrys (besides maybe turkey which had bands at least from the early 90's)

which is not the case in africa , so i think its well , more reasonable to think that there was a scene in such countries ... and maybe some jewls to discover

south africa scene is intresting , from m.archives and some messages here it seems they have a nice amount of bands , so thats a good start
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

Hebrewcommando wrote:roihlem - ok man , appriceate the info

solid - yeah but those are modern bands , like , Its mainly they know metal because of the internet , so now its a normal thing you know , but to find a band from muslim country before the internet days , Thats sound really not reasonable , since such countries dont really let such stuff in their countrys (besides maybe turkey which had bands at least from the early 90's)

which is not the case in africa , so i think its well , more reasonable to think that there was a scene in such countries ... and maybe some jewls to discover

south africa scene is intresting , from m.archives and some messages here it seems they have a nice amount of bands , so thats a good start
Yeah turks did have a few cool Old bands in the early '90s, such as Antisilence (which I upload here at poisonoise some time ago) and yeah they are mostly modern, but i tought they could help us to find some underground bands from their regional scenes that might have served as an influence. Anyway, here I have some South African names, mostly Old School DM:

Desecrator
Deviate
Gutted Remains
Insurrection
Retribution Denied
Termunest
Umtakati
Voice of Destruction

Check em out!
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

doomedplanet wrote:there is at least 1 private metal 7" from S.A. from the late 80'.s I had the info here somewhere but I cannot find it now unfortunately.
I think that must be the The Blast 7"...
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

With how fucked up the reality of such countries as Congo and Ethiopia is I'm 99% sure there are no such things as rock bands, and much less metal. If there's any metal in Africa it would be in the countries already mentioned.
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

Still looking for the Egyptian Venom lol the day i find it im gonna sacrifice 666 babies I swear it :twisted: my only hope is SA Dm bands lol...
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

http://www.truemetal.org/herman/Brother ... 0Storm.mp3

Shadowlord : "Brothers Of The Storm" (from the debut)

Very US inspired. Vocalist a bit weak, overall not too bad. But not rare nor that old...
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
commando lightning

eygptian venom hehe , i hardly belive such a thing is possible

the only extreme bands in the early 80's in the middle east i know of are from my own country , one very known even today called salem , and one called duralex sadlex which was somthing between metal and punk , played very extreme with crazy ideas (for exemple they have a song of someone give a speech while in the background the rest of the bands is beating up iron bars and screaming ,funny ) , there was some others , but those got to release printed stuff on labels in the 80's /early 90's , there was one called beastial death who recorded a album in 87 but never managed to release it

other then that i can only think of bands from greece "in the area"
Down there...

Post by Down there... »

I saw VoD when they did the tour with In The Woods... and Katatonia durning the 90s. Not really my kinda thing. Must check out Black Rose - thanks for the info
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Has anybody heard of RAVEN WOLF? They released two demos in the 90's, haven't heard a single note though. They are supposed to be good.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Down there...

Post by Down there... »

only a website (quick metal archives search). No samples though...

http://www.ravenwolf.za.net/

hah, just noticed that half of dragonforce are ex members of demoniac from new zealand. all i remember from them was some decent black metal, some dodgy nazi(ish) lyrics in a couple of songs. oh and yeah..those promo pics in terrorizer demo section with the lassies with the titties... 8)
mckagan

Post by mckagan »

hello metalheads )
I know about this bands

1.Odyssey - Odyssey (1991)
nice heavy metal from South Africa

2.Brothering - Demos 1997
and Ragnarok demos 1989 (first project of Dean Smith from BROTHERING)
Ragnarok first formed in 1986 in Johannesburg South Africa, these songs were recorded in 1989
- it's heavy metal from SA also