Turbo (Poland)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

check out these tapes

great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Wow, those are really cool, Knell. How's the quality? Any deterioration due to age?
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

tapes and non printed inlay surfaces have more or less yellowed due to age but the sound is still as good as it can get for cassettes
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

id also like to point out that the weird crazy warrior with the spiky hair and shoulder pads is the same as the one on kawaleria szatana, just non skeleti/ghostified. some sort of attempt to create an "Eddie" mascot like their favorite influence?
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Cool finds, Knell. I have to admit that i should spend a day or two to get into TURBO, i was just too lazy so far to be honest, even if i only heard praising words about the band from all sides.

The thing is, if i see a band with a dozen LPs and singles and whatnot i tend to stay away from it. Can be a mistake sometimes.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:Cool finds, Knell. I have to admit that i should spend a day or two to get into TURBO, i was just too lazy so far to be honest, even if i only heard praising words about the band from all sides.
Well thanks. Justified words indeed. You should definately try out their mighty three Dorosle, Kawaleria & especially Ostatni ... ! The only thing better than Ostatni Wojownik I could imagine would be the original 1988 version of Horde Of Gog, but not by far.
The thing is, if i see a band with a dozen LPs and singles and whatnot i tend to stay away from it. Can be a mistake sometimes.
I never heard something like that haha, private press syndrome ??? I have it with shitty band names & covers...that's why I thought Dorosle Dzieci MUST suck for quite some time (the title even translates in something like "We're happy children yuk yuk")
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:The thing is, if i see a band with a dozen LPs and singles and whatnot i tend to stay away from it. Can be a mistake sometimes.
Why? Not "troo" enough?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

The Knell wrote:id also like to point out that the weird crazy warrior with the spiky hair and shoulder pads is the same as the one on kawaleria szatana, just non skeleti/ghostified. some sort of attempt to create an "Eddie" mascot like their favorite influence?
Do you mean that the "Alive" and "Ostatni..." MC covers above have the same mascot as on the "Kawaleria..." MC above or do you refer to the soldier ghost on the LP of the same album? I'm confused, can't see any resemblance between any of them.

Avenger: Just get those albums now and stop complaining. :wink: Turbo is by far one of the best of all the Behind the Iron Curtain Bands (BICB)
Fun records
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Metalipeiklo wrote:Avenger: Just get those albums now and stop complaining. :wink: Turbo is by far one of the best of all the Behind the Iron Curtain Bands (BICB)
I already have some Turbo material. I just don't agree that rarity equals quality which often seems to be the mindset of those that pass by bands that are more popular or that have put out more then an EP and a couple of demos.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Metalipeiklo wrote:
The Knell wrote:id also like to point out that the weird crazy warrior with the spiky hair and shoulder pads is the same as the one on kawaleria szatana, just non skeleti/ghostified. some sort of attempt to create an "Eddie" mascot like their favorite influence?
Do you mean that the "Alive" and "Ostatni..." MC covers above have the same mascot as on the "Kawaleria..." MC above or do you refer to the soldier ghost on the LP of the same album? I'm confused, can't see any resemblance between any of them.

Avenger: Just get those albums now and stop complaining. :wink: Turbo is by far one of the best of all the Behind the Iron Curtain Bands (BICB)
Yes I mean the Kawaleria LP has the Alive/Ostatni tape warrior " undead version "
laasgaardh

Post by laasgaardh »

Some more tapes.

Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Going to see these guys on Saturday night. Hope they plenty of old stuff as I only know Dorosłe Dzieci, Kawaleria Szatana and Ostatni Wojownik. I never picked up Alive so I must try and listen to a few tracks on youtube before the show.
Both Dorosłe Dzieci and Kawaleria Szatana are insanely good. I'll probably be one of the only Irish guys there! I must brush up on my Polish!!