Forums

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Metal Archives forum is very crowdy mainly for this reason i avoid it.Just read some of the many interesting threads there.
Yes Metalpage.de forum is sadly abandoned i don't know.But it would have been together with Corroseum's forum the best.
As for my opinion about the Miskatonic is that (i don't conform with the idea that some use this forum for promotional reasons...)i find it a bit hmhm.. but there are many interesing threads of course about obscure bands the main negative point is that there are also some idiots there(i don't tell names) who consider themselves bosses of heavy metal or something like that. :evil:
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

That's because we are the bosses of Heavy Metal :twisted:

Seriously though ,people crack me up when they go on about "free speech" on forums -they seem to confuse forum admins. with the President of the Uniited States -sworn to uphold the constitution or something... :lol:
Freedom of Speech means anyone can start their own forum/website if they like ,and say what they like and impose their own rules on those who visit it. No forum admin. is obligated to let anyone who visits their forum say whatever they like -and really , why the hell should they? Forums don't have to be utopian microcosms of democracy ,they are invariably a reflection of whoever runs them.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

wicked keeper wrote: Freedom of Speech means anyone can start their own forum/website if they like ,and say what they like and impose their own rules on those who visit it. No forum admin. is obligated to let anyone who visits their forum say whatever they like -and really , why the hell should they? Forums don't have to be utopian microcosms of democracy ,they are invariably a reflection of whoever runs them.
I agree with you. The rules of each forum and their application reflect the personality of the people who are behind it.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart