"...Heavy Metal rules, Heavy Metal!"
1. The fact that this classic NIGHTIME FLYER-song actually does
, initself, rule.
2. The mysterious "For parents use only - remove this sticker"-sticker on the BREATHLESS album cover. (What's under it??
3. The bass-riff in the chorus of TURBO's Charged For Glory. (dum-di-dum-di-dum..)
4. The unearthly figures at the bottom of the "Run To The Hills" single. (A friend of mine called them "glass creatures")
5. GORGON (Jpn) naming their own label "Street Light Records". putting a hand-drawn picture of a street light in the logo and thus summing up everything that was cool about the NWOBHM so beautifully it brings a tear to your eye.
My 3000th post had to be about something important, and it just doesn't get any more important than this. I think you get the idea, so please continue. In a year or 2 I'm sure we'll have reached the 1001-mark and then we'll make a fanzine out of it. Be sure to keep the count though.