The WORST albums released by a thrash band?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
sovdat wrote:Do you believe that Angel of Death is a Nazi song too?
I knew "Angel of Death" was about the horrors of Auschwitz & wasn't a glorification of it, back when I first heard it aged 13. When SOD wrote "Speak English of Die" they really were narked off about immigrants working at grocery stores who couldn't speak English properly. Fair enough (I suppose) but that "Dot on your forehead" line (not to mention the title) takes it too far. It's not sarcastic, it's crass.

Anyway...
Yeah, imagine how Billy Milano got pissed off in 1985, when some goddamn Paki at the local grocery store gave him oranges instead of bananas as he wanted :D
anthares

Post by anthares »

Cochino wrote: Back to the bad thrash topic, the album Beast On My Back by Crumbsuckers was really boring as far as I remember. I only heard it once and never felt the urge to give it another go.
Aaargh! One of my fave album!! But i dont think it as a thrash metal anyway.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Well, I don't remember it very well, I just remember I heard their first album and sounded like decent crossover that might develop on something good, so I heard the second one and I remember being extremely disappointed.
Brainbiter

Post by Brainbiter »

sovdat wrote:
Ernest Thesiger wrote:
sovdat wrote:Do you believe that Angel of Death is a Nazi song too?
I knew "Angel of Death" was about the horrors of Auschwitz & wasn't a glorification of it, back when I first heard it aged 13. When SOD wrote "Speak English of Die" they really were narked off about immigrants working at grocery stores who couldn't speak English properly. Fair enough (I suppose) but that "Dot on your forehead" line (not to mention the title) takes it too far. It's not sarcastic, it's crass.

Anyway...
Yeah, imagine how Billy Milano got pissed off in 1985, when some goddamn Paki at the local grocery store gave him oranges instead of bananas as he wanted :D
To me Speak English or Die tries to be subversive, like, let's pretend we are the ignorant people we hate, let's be retarded. It's just teenagers trying to be sarcastic but it comes out more serious than they intended it to be because, hey, they were not the brightest in their class. I don't know about Milano though. He might have trully believed the lyrics were for real... :)

What bothers me about Anthrax's lyrics is their "hippie-do good-love all" quality. Heavy metal demands more guts, not just the basic high-school social awareness. It's totally cool that they lean a bit to the left of the US political spectrum. I just want more blood-neath-the fingernails in my metal, something more daring than that. It doesn't cut it for me and dwelling in the obvious and mundane is a heavy metal sin, more serious than being god-awful on a musical level. "I'm worried about all the injustice in our society and I'm angry as fuck- I will prevail!" is more like it.

But this doesn't mean I'm not keeping notes...
"The destruction of a thousand billion sea creatures to satisfy man's appetite for metal is insane"

Days Of The Locust. My blog o' movies.
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

There's a lot of stuff considered "classic" that make me get bored to tears

Anthrax - Among The Living and forth
Slayer - Hell Awaits-Seasons in the abyss-South of heaven
Sepultura-don't like anyhing BUT Arise is total crap for me
Kreator - anything from Pleasure To Kill and forth
Celtic Frost - don't like a single note.
Hellhammer - Same as Celtic Frost
Sacred Reich - The American Way
SOD - Speak English........

I would put Destruction,Coroner, on the list as well but it's not that i think they're auwfull....i think they are so and so
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Witchkiller wrote:There's a lot of stuff considered "classic" that make me get bored to tears

Slayer - Hell Awaits-Seasons in the abyss-South of heaven
Sepultura-don't like anyhing BUT Arise is total crap for me
Kreator - anything from Pleasure To Kill and forth
Celtic Frost - don't like a single note.
Hellhammer - Same as Celtic Frost
SOD - Speak English........

I would put Destruction,Coroner, on the list as well but it's not that i think they're auwfull....i think they are so and so
Maybe you just don't like thrash and/or harsher vocals at all...
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Witchkiller must be kidding. Although I suscribe to Seasons In The Abyss. That album was crap in my opinion.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Witchkiller wrote:don't like anyhing
Clearly.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Witchkiller wrote:don't like anyhing
Clearly.
That was "anything"...

No,me not likin' Thrash ain't the case....BELIVE ME,it ain't the case...It's just that i dig Motorhead/Venom like thrash metal with harsher vocals,filthier/more vicious sound than the bands in my "don't like"list...

Hey,Ernest,did i trace a glimpse of Irony my man?
All i need is a lady
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

I was just kiddin' you about. No accounting for taste & all that.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Not that I agree, but...

If I remember correctly Kazjurol and Wolf Spider were both bashed here in the past as well.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Avenger wrote:Kazjurol
Where's the puke-smiley when you need it.. And I had almost totally supressed their existance right up until now thank you very much.. :evil:
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Witchkiller wrote:No,me not likin' Thrash ain't the case....BELIVE ME,it ain't the case...It's just that i dig Motorhead/Venom like thrash metal with harsher vocals,filthier/more vicious sound than the bands in my "don't like"list..
Does that make any of those albums you listed actually some of the worst thrash releases?
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:I was just kiddin' you about. No accounting for taste & all that.
Then it's my bad for being edgy!I apollogize to you for that.......

Black Axe,as far as i am concerned and according tomy taste,the aforementioned actually are the worst Thrash releases....i can't stand them not one moment.It's just a matter of taste my friend.........
All i need is a lady
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

Aww man i love Among the Living. Not the best for sure, but definitely not the worst, not by a long shot.

I agree wholeheartedly with Sacred Reich - The American Way. Man that album sucks hard. The title track is the only good song on that generic piece of crap. Just stick with Ignorance (one of the most underrated thrash albums of the 80's) and Surf Nicaragua and forget about the rest.