The WORST albums released by a thrash band?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
HamburgerBoy

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Black Axe wrote:Based solely on my current thrash collection I came to the conclusion it's Anthrax - Among The Living.
Definitely one of the worst out there. It damaged thrash more than any other one album, by making the oxymoron of aggression-less thrash a reality.
Avenger

Re: The worst thrash releases from the old days?

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:TORN FLESH - Crux of the Mosh
This was the first album that popped into my head when reading the title of this thread.

What an absolute piece of shit.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
anthares

Post by anthares »

Airdash (fin) - thanx god its monday
Totally horrible vocalist!
Anthrax after Spreading the disease, yuk!
Then some lame Re Animator and shit like that!
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

MASSACRE album from Chile..
MALICIOUS INTENT album from Canada....
MINOTAUR album...piece of crap
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I seem to eb the only one in the forum who likes Anthrax until Bush. Of course, even I overrated Among The Living some time ago, but I still think is a nice thrash album.
One band I never really got into was Sacred Reich. I wouldn't say they suck, but they sound too average for me.
Funeral Nation's After The Battle was pretty boring too from what I remember, haven't heard it in ages though.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Exodus debut is far too overrated, Death Angel debut underrated
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Awww, some albums mentioned in here that I own/like...

I think more garbage a long the lines of "Crux Of The Mosh" needs to be mentioned...
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
HamburgerBoy

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Crap, can't believe I forgot Bitter End's only album! The vocalist is a more nasal version of Dave Mustaine, their lyrics have all the politics of Peace Sells but none of the wit, and their guitarist tries to throw in jazzy Poland-esque leads but does it at the most inappropriate times. They were like a high school cover band that credited the original music to themselves.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Cochino wrote:I seem to eb the only one in the forum who likes Anthrax until Bush. Of course, even I overrated Among The Living some time ago, but I still think is a nice thrash album.
One band I never really got into was Sacred Reich. I wouldn't say they suck, but they sound too average for me.
Cochino, I'm with you on all fronts. Anthrax until Bush was always cool to me, and Sacred Reich bored me to tears.

I also think bands like MELIAH RAGE, WRATH, WRATHCHILD AMERICA, LAAZ ROCKIT deseve mentioning in this thread
humus

Post by humus »

The Knell wrote:Exodus debut is far too overrated, Death Angel debut underrated
Bonded by blood being named in a 'worst thrash albums' thread? What IS the world coming to?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I think you guys are mistaking "worst releases" for those that are sometimes labelled as "average"...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

humus wrote:
Bonded by blood being named in a 'worst thrash albums' thread? What IS the world coming to?
I agree, it's a sad day for Metal...
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

No doubt, it is! :(
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Yeah, but I can't remember hearing a really bad thrash album, maybe I'm just lucky, so what I do is naming the worse I've heard. Now if this thread would've been about Death or Heavy Metal, maybe I could bring more to it, since I've heard some pretty horrendous crap on those genres.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Avenger wrote:
humus wrote:
Yeah, totally! :(