The WORST albums released by a thrash band?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Helm

Post by Helm »

Airdash are like a new wave band masquerading like a thrash band sometimes so I can see why people wouldn't like them, but stuff like Gothic Slam are utterly generic and that's a highest fault for me than being distinctively odd.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Helm wrote:Gothic Slam are utterly generic
I didn't said that they aren't. I said that I accept them the way as they are. And not really bother that much ...
I am ... the One you warned me of
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

On-topic:
The godawful CYDHIE GENOSIDE from Poland must surely be on the Worst-Thrash-Bands-Ever-Top-10 list. Supermegaannoying "progressive" thrash with retarded, ultranasal vocals.

Come to think of it there's lots of disastrous Thrash to be found in Eastern Europe if you dig deep enough.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

DaN wrote:I've never been much a fan of ANTHRAX, EXODUS, TESTAMENT and their quadrillions of followers, but do they belong in this thread? Of course not. Those bands had at least 1 good-to-great album each to their names, while soooo many other ones had exactly zero.
Yeah, as a band they aren't amongst the worst, but this thread is about the worst thrash RELEASES from the old days. And for me Amongst The Living is absolutely one of the worst.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote:On-topic:
The godawful CYDHIE GENOSIDE from Poland must surely be on the Worst-Thrash-Bands-Ever-Top-10 list. Supermegaannoying "progressive" thrash with retarded, ultranasal vocals.

Come to think of it there's lots of disastrous Thrash to be found in Eastern Europe if you dig deep enough.
Yeah, I bought one album of theirs from you once. Damn how time flies. I don't find them too bad, but neither toooooooooo thrash.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Noisenik wrote:Yeah, I bought one album of theirs from you once.
Forgive meeee!! Image
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote:
Noisenik wrote:Yeah, I bought one album of theirs from you once.
Forgive meeee!! Image
Nothing to forgive! :lol: Actually I'm wondering whether you could provide me the rest of their output in the mid future.

btw., where have you stolen that smiley?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Noisenik wrote:Nothing to forgive! :lol: Actually I'm wondering whether you could provide me the rest of their output in the mid future.
Would that be the talentless, underproduced trainwreck "As A Goblet Of Gore" LP, or the pretentious, unlistenable crapfest "Ashes To Ashes/Only Rosie Forever" LP? I might actually have saved some digital copies of both of them in case you're up for some self-flagellation.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Worst? Just one comes to mind right now.It's VIRUS frim United Kingdom.Poor songwriting and vocals as well as production.
Helm

Post by Helm »

DaN wrote:
Noisenik wrote:Nothing to forgive! :lol: Actually I'm wondering whether you could provide me the rest of their output in the mid future.
Would that be the talentless, underproduced trainwreck "As A Goblet Of Gore" LP, or the pretentious, unlistenable crapfest "Ashes To Ashes/Only Rosie Forever" LP? I might actually have saved some digital copies of both of them in case you're up for some self-flagellation.
Supermegaannoying "progressive" thrash with retarded, ultranasal vocals.
That sounds great to me in principle so yes I'm interested :D
msp

Post by msp »

Ha! VIRUS!!!

Always seemed to get the support gigs when a big band came to town way back. May even have been on the bill when Metallica came over to tour the "Justice" album

Bands like RE-ANIMATOR AND D.A.M were average at the very best. I suppose not everyone could be SABBAT or DEATHWISH though!
tomas

Post by tomas »

Virus 'pray for war' destroys everything in sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But does it slay witches?
convent guilt

Post by convent guilt »

I always hated Mordred and that annoying "Every day's a holiday" song.

And Mortal Sin's third LP "Rebellious youth". Hopeless.

As much as I dislike most Anthrax, Megadeth and Testament LPs (minus their debut efforts, esp. The Legacy), the bands who copied them were generally a whole lot worse.
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

hmm, the first Devastation comes to my mind for being a disappointment...But probably the WORST is Kryptor`s first album....
I like Gothic Slam a lot, at least their first album....
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

msp wrote:Bands like RE-ANIMATOR AND D.A.M were average at the very best. I suppose not everyone could be SABBAT or DEATHWISH though!
Oh yeah, both D.A.M. albums were very average. They still probably fetch $100+ on eGay though :wink: