The WORST albums released by a thrash band?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
nabel

Post by nabel »

Cochino wrote:I seem to eb the only one in the forum who likes Anthrax until Bush. Of course, even I overrated Among The Living some time ago, but I still think is a nice thrash album.
No you are not. Of course I know now that they are not the best one out there but I still have soft spot for Belladonna era albums. I even have weak spot for Bush era stuff, they were great band on stage back then.

Worst stuff in my collection must Airdash stuff, Acid Reign and Reanimator. And Testament albums after The Legacy which I have are nothing but mediocre at best.

Of course one could argue are any of those mentioned real hard hitting thrash at all...
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

stormspell wrote:
Cochino wrote:I seem to eb the only one in the forum who likes Anthrax until Bush. Of course, even I overrated Among The Living some time ago, but I still think is a nice thrash album.
One band I never really got into was Sacred Reich. I wouldn't say they suck, but they sound too average for me.
Cochino, I'm with you on all fronts. Anthrax until Bush was always cool to me, and Sacred Reich bored me to tears.

I also think bands like MELIAH RAGE, WRATH, WRATHCHILD AMERICA, LAAZ ROCKIT deseve mentioning in this thread
I'm with you on this too. Among the Living is no classic, but it's a pretty good album. Perhaps it's not thrash, but that is not necessarily a negative, is it?

I'd rate Laaz Rockit a little above the rest, but otherwise, these are mediocre.

I can't think of any thrash that I think really stinks from the 80s or early 90s. There was lots that was derivative and left me cold though. Coven's Blessed is the Black is one of those, even if Iron Dick is mildly amusing.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
anthares

Post by anthares »

great_knuthulhu wrote: Coven's Blessed is the Black is one of those, even if Iron Dick is mildly amusing.
Whaat? Coven fucking rules!!! :D Music itself is maybe not the best but the aggression and the lyrics are over the top! Boneless christian!!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I've never been much a fan of ANTHRAX, EXODUS, TESTAMENT and their quadrillions of followers, but do they belong in this thread? Of course not. Those bands had at least 1 good-to-great album each to their names, while soooo many other ones had exactly zero.

BLACK SHEPHERD on the other hand - bottom-5 material for sure! Especially if you consider how cool the album could have been w/ better vocals and slightly improved production.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Many ANTHRAX releases do belong in this thread...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Yes, everything that was released after Belladonna's departure :D Most of the early stuff was ground-breaking, but of course not the stuff for the most Corroseum members as they didn't follow the traditional metal fashion :)

I'm really surprised to see Airdash here - yeah, I wasn't exactly hyped with those boyish vocals at first either ...gotta used to them afterwards. But the music, song structures, lyrics (at least on BEOTP, haven't read others yet)??? Borderline masterpiece material!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:Many ANTHRAX releases do belong in this thread...
Yeah, after "State Of Euphoria".
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

It seems to me that a lot of Corroseum members are fairly Anti-Bay Area Thrash.

I guess that leaves the US East Coast scene, Tech-Thrash, German scene and the other couple dozen countries that tryed to mimic the previous.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

humus wrote:
The Knell wrote:Exodus debut is far too overrated, Death Angel debut underrated
Bonded by blood being named in a 'worst thrash albums' thread? What IS the world coming to?
It's overrated not worst

agreed, it's offtopic here.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Acid Reign? I've only heard Moshkinstein, but that's a pretty fuckin' good album. It seems that's tough to get to certain agreement on this topic, except for a few who seemingly are really bad, every band or album named is argued by someone else.
As I said, I don't know if it's a good thing, but I haven't heard really BAD thrash from those years. Maybe a ton of average stuff, but I can't think of anything really bad. Maybe I'll try to check out Torn Flesh, so I know what bad thrash sounds like.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

A few I don't like
Cry of Terror- Terror of the Concrete World (possibly the worst album I've ever heard)
Death Angel- Act III (don't mind the 1st 2 albums, but this is a total snoozer)
Sacred Reich- Ignorance (the epitome of boring, generic, paint-by-numbers Bay Thrash)
Sodom- 1st 2 releases (there's 'raw & primitive' and then there's "don't know how to play at all' :) )
Testament- the new order (give Sacred Reich a run for their money here)
Meliah Rage- pick any (East Coast equivalent of generic Bay Area bands)
I'm not too keen on German thrash overall (Kreator, Tankard, etc). Just not a style I ever got into.

Bonded by Blood is a 50/50 split for me; not bad, but i'd agree it's overrated.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

anthares wrote:Then some lame Re Animator and shit like that!
Condemned to Reality is a fine album. It's just that they ran out of ideas afterwards & went funk metal. Shame.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Avenger wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:Many ANTHRAX releases do belong in this thread...
Yeah, after "State Of Euphoria".
Persistence Of Time is pretty decent album.

I'll also have to check out Torn Flesh. In my book there's no really bad thrash album - if it's real thrash, of course.

Once upon a time I thought that Gothic Slam were really bad, but it's true I first heard 'em roughly a month after Blessed Are The Sick came out. Very unfortunate time to thrash bands.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Helm

Post by Helm »

I like Acid Reign a lot. And Airdash!

I don't like Gothic Slam.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Helm wrote:I like Acid Reign a lot. And Airdash!

I don't like Gothic Slam.
Quite the same, save that I accept Gothic Slam too. Not that good,but not bad either. I consider Acid Reign a band of the highest order. Airdash can be very very interesting, yet I have to pay more attention to them.
I am ... the One you warned me of