The WORST albums released by a thrash band?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I insist. Moshkinstein is a very good thrash album.
anthares

Post by anthares »

Moshkinstein is not that bad. "H" stands for "Horrible vocalist"?
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Too lazy to read the first 5 pages, so here's my top-5 :

01 - LIVING DEATH - Vengeance of Hell
02 - THE MENTORS - You Axed for it
03 - BLACK SPHEPHERD - Immortal Aggression (for some strange reasons, I love to listen to that LP from time to time)
04 - DEATH POWER - The Boogeyman
05 - VIRUS - Pray for War
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I personally love Vectom, but I've seen a lot of shit-flinging when it comes to that band in recent years...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

omen of hate wrote:Too lazy to read the first 5 pages, so here's my top-5 :

01 - LIVING DEATH - Vengeance of Hell
02 - THE MENTORS - You Axed for it
03 - BLACK SPHEPHERD - Immortal Aggression (for some strange reasons, I love to listen to that LP from time to time)
04 - DEATH POWER - The Boogeyman
05 - VIRUS - Pray for War
Living Death were good fun. I like that album quite a bit. Mentors and Virus I tend to agree more about. Haven't heard the other two, maybe that makes me a lucky man?
Avenger wrote:I personally love Vectom, but I've seen a lot of shit-flinging when it comes to that band in recent years
I think Vectom are relatively entertaining, but I probably won't put them on too often in the next few years. "Bordering on boring" would be my verdict.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

I really like the Virus - Pray for War album. As it states on the back Thermonuclear Metal!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Black Shepherd, being a mediocre album.

The thrash albums I really dislike are the Cyclone albums. Boring as hell, imo. Demo was nice though.
Brainbiter

Post by Brainbiter »

Whoa. I'm following this tread and I'm keeping notes!

However, it seems that whenever we discuss "the worst", "overated" gets confused with "bad". Bay Area thrash was an overated scene, I agree, but Legacy or, even more, Bonded by Blood are SOLID. It also seems that different criteria apply to the german scene, cause I can't possibly consider, lets say, the first Sodom albums as good. I know they are "brvtal" but that doesn't nessesarily make them good.

My vote goes to post-Spreading the Disease Anthrax albums. I really can't stand the obvious "why can't we all live in peace" lyrics. They had no spine and they influenced a lot of other US bands that wanted to sound "more open-minded", whatever that meant. If I would ever get a time-machine for Christmass, I would go back in time and let the soviet nuclear warheads fly before the rap-metal thing begun to sound like a good idea.
"The destruction of a thousand billion sea creatures to satisfy man's appetite for metal is insane"

Days Of The Locust. My blog o' movies.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Brainbiter wrote:I really can't stand the obvious "why can't we all live in peace" lyrics.
It just bothers me that they were written by the same person who wrote "What's that dot on your forehead, do you use it to see?" for SOD.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Brainbiter wrote:I really can't stand the obvious "why can't we all live in peace" lyrics.
It just bothers me that they were written by the same person who wrote "What's that dot on your forehead, do you use it to see?" for SOD.
That was written in a sarcastic note. Just like the song Kill Yourself, which is actually the anti-suicide song ...
Ernest Thesiger

sovdat wrote:
Ernest Thesiger wrote:
That was written in a sarcastic note.
You'll believe anything.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
sovdat wrote:
Ernest Thesiger wrote: It just bothers me that they were written by the same person who wrote "What's that dot on your forehead, do you use it to see?" for SOD.
That was written in a sarcastic note.
You'll believe anything.
Do you believe that Angel of Death is a Nazi song too? :lol:
Ernest Thesiger

sovdat wrote:Do you believe that Angel of Death is a Nazi song too?
I knew "Angel of Death" was about the horrors of Auschwitz & wasn't a glorification of it, back when I first heard it aged 13. When SOD wrote "Speak English of Die" they really were narked off about immigrants working at grocery stores who couldn't speak English properly. Fair enough (I suppose) but that "Dot on your forehead" line (not to mention the title) takes it too far. It's not sarcastic, it's crass.

Anyway...
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
sovdat wrote:Do you believe that Angel of Death is a Nazi song too?
I knew "Angel of Death" was about the horrors of Auschwitz & wasn't a glorification of it, back when I first heard it aged 13. When SOD wrote "Speak English of Die" they really were narked off about immigrants working at grocery stores who couldn't speak English properly. Fair enough (I suppose) but that "Dot on your forehead" line (not to mention the title) takes it too far. It's not sarcastic, it's crass.

Anyway...
Thats just the reaction they wanted out of you hahaha, I'm sure billy milano was serious about that particular song but I'm not sure about the others.
Ernest Thesiger

Abyss wrote:Thats just the reaction they wanted out of you hahaha.
Nah, they wanted people to mosh to it & go "FOCK YEH."

I prefer the Extra Hot Sauce album.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

How I see it they were actually mocking the people who really think that way. I see the SOD album as an irony towards American stupidity and ignorance.
And about Anthrax's "let's all get along" thing, it doesn't bother me just as it doesn't bother me Black Sabbath's christianity on the lyrics. The music overshadows the lyrics in those cases.
Back to the bad thrash topic, the album Beast On My Back by Crumbsuckers was really boring as far as I remember. I only heard it once and never felt the urge to give it another go.