The offical MAGNIT/CREDO-thread

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Aah!!! Through some research I managed to find out what some of the musicians from CREDO did after "Platim...". In 1995 Karen Melik released a solo output on CD format (Russian Disc RDCD 00488) called "Рашен казашен" ("Razhen Kazazhen"). Performing on the record was as well Bobrov (Magnit and Credo "leader") as well as Kirpitjnikov (vocals in Credo). The album is supposed to have some "modern computerized arrangements". Hmm, not too promising.

Maybe Destrozer or Boris can find out if there's any info, good or bad, about this record. I got the info from here but I can't understand all of it:
http://www.metalrus.ru/forums-m-posts-q-52-d-25.html

In any case, the cover looks like this:
Fun records
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I'm trying to download tracks of Credo from metalrus.ru page but in vain. All I got is a page is ! ! ! , plenty of hieroglyphs and senseless sponsoring links. Anybody else has same problems. Tony, could you check?
I am ... the One you warned me of
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Those servers are often overloaded. Try on different hours of the day.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

It seems to me it has more to do with registering ... I tried once - didn't succeed.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Downloading from metalrus usually works fine to me when using Internet Explorer.On the other hand if i use Mozilla Firefox simply they don't get downloaded.If you face after using Internet Explorer the same problem PM me to upload the Credo album in the Poisonoise section.It is simply the best russian record and don't you even dare to miss it! 8)
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Eucharisto in advance, Vaggeli. Hope it wouldn't be necessary, yet one never knows. And I use IE :?
boris

Post by boris »

it's simply because the server gets overloaded, happened to me a lot with metalrus. try the next day or something, it should work.
a good album, far from the best Russian album though, that title would belong to something of Aria or Black Obelisk.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Yes you were right guys. I succeeded this evening.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Happy evening then! I'm personally sitting in a world of russian metal-listening with a book about the Chornobyl disaster, drinking polish beer. Öhö...
Fun records
Eon

Magnit - Dies Irae

Post by Eon »

Alright, so I re-discovered this album.
Not a masterpiece, but certainly good work. No doubt that these guys were very good musicians. And what a song Eleonora is!

According to Metal Archives, the band released two other albums. Anyone heard them?
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

The band evolved to Kredo in the early 90ies and released one additional album which is really good too.
Acke

Post by Acke »

You can listen to the earlier Magnit albums here: http://metalrus.ru/plug-e-files-c-magnit_detectiv.html

And you should really listen to the Credo album. It's marvelous!
http://metalrus.ru/plug-e-files-c-kredo_platim_za_.html
ION BRITTON

Re: Magnit - Dies Irae

Post by ION BRITTON »

Eon wrote:Alright, so I re-discovered this album.
And what a song Eleonora is!
My favorite one as well! I like 'em more than Credo.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I bought this LP for peanuts a year ago but still haven't gave it a proper listen. I know it takes time to sink into my mind.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Zherneboh

Post by Zherneboh »

I actually like 'Детектив' or 'De-tech-teeve' better than 'Dies Irae' because its got that baritone voiced blokey singing on all the songs, which are all killer. 'Слушай Рок' i think is 'we love rock' or something and is bloody catchy, 'Снег' is like Holy Diver, only with some additional twiddly bits, the title-track is good, the 'Prokofiev'-themed one is good too...I can't remember which one that is but it uses the themes from his 'Alexender Nevsky' I believe. My favourite song though is 'Ниоткуда Никуда' which is a sexy vocal master-class and features lead-guitar melody loveliness.
Weigh anchor, hoist the sails
Cruisin' for booty on watery trails