Dark Quarterer

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
roihlem

Dark Quarterer

Post by roihlem »

I guess everyone will share my opinion that the first two albums belong to the best of Progressive Metal. But I never listened to "War Tears" and "Violence". How do those two albums sound like?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Hell Yezz indeed! Especially the debut is a HUGE fave of mine. I still have a taped interview I did with the band at KIT laying around somewhere that should be made into a proper article some day. The only bad thing about the 2nd LP is that the vocals sometimes goes out of tune.

Haven't listened to War Tears and Violence for a while. I remember WT being their most unexciting and "normal" release, while Violence had some killer songs and was a bit heavier than the old stuff. Time for a mighty return to the Dark Quarters 8)
mordred

Post by mordred »

:D "Men alltså, jag menar... The Colossus of Argail... med Dark Quarterer! Jag menar... The Colossus of Argail alltså!" :D
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

mordred wrote::D "Men alltså, jag menar... The Colossus of Argail... med Dark Quarterer! Jag menar... The Colossus of Argail alltså!" :D
:lol: Sounds like me at the afterparty after TRYCKVÅG (?)
mordred

Post by mordred »

DaN wrote: :lol: Sounds like me at the afterparty after TRYCKVÅG (?)
8) Yup. It was one helluva night (and one helluva song too btw, so your praise was justified).
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Messerschmitt

Post by Messerschmitt »

Violence slays indeed. If you like your Metal true yet unorthodox, you should check out that album. Killer. But War Tears was not all that strong if my memory doesn't fail me. Just listened to it one time, some years ago already. I suggest you just go for Violence :twisted: !
Reality is that which, once you stop believing in it, doesn't go away
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Dark Quarterer is one of the 10 best bands from Italy but Adramelch are much more better :D ,i say that because when i heard first time Dark Quarterer's first album their style reminded me of one of Adramelch's.
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

It seems that I am the only one who thinks that Dark Quarterer sounds different than Adramelch. :D To me Dark Quarterer is much slower and sounds much more creepy. That`s why I prefer them...
Adramelch is of course also great. Anyone here who listened to "Broken History"? I just heard one track and that one is really awesome!
otakon

Post by otakon »

I have the first S/T album, i love it. I havent heard the second one yet though...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

yawn... I have war tears and is sort of a sedative... yawn. neither metal nor prog ... sort of hard rock to sleep to... yawn
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Noisenik wrote:yawn... I have war tears and is sort of a sedative... yawn. neither metal nor prog ... sort of hard rock to sleep to... yawn
But you do have the debut too, or? If not you've totally discovered this band from the wrong end of the stick.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

roihlem wrote:It seems that I am the only one who thinks that Dark Quarterer sounds different than Adramelch. :D To me Dark Quarterer is much slower and sounds much more creepy. That`s why I prefer them...
Adramelch is of course also great. Anyone here who listened to "Broken History"? I just heard one track and that one is really awesome!
I mean Dark Quarterer are similar not same.The main differences are focused on the more slower,more atmosphere and of course the darker/occult themes but that doesn't change my mind who's the leading band in Italy(although Adramelch founded 10 years about after Dark Quarterer :? )
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

But you do have the debut too, or? If not you've totally discovered this band from the wrong end of the stick.
Hey DaN.

Here I am refering to War Tears and War Tears only. Regarding the ends of the stick, you're probably correct. :) Otherwise, Dark Quarterer are still on my list.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

The first DQ album is essential. It has such a great atmosphere and the song writing is great. The second IMO isn't really as great, but if you really dig the first one, you need that too. Violence was a great let down for me. I never got into it, though I will probably play it a few more times to see if I change opinions about it. Never heard War Tears, and from what I hear of it, I won't bother to go looking for it either.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I've have listened to DQ debut. this and War Tears cannot compare. Like two different bands. unbelievable.
I am ... the One you warned me of