GREAT COMEBACKS! AND DISSAPOINTING REUNIONS.....

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
hload

Post by hload »

i still enjoy very much the "stranger in us all"....then his majesty felt into the mid age crisis(or how it's spelled)..... :lol:
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

right! i remember assassin live at KIT6, n sure they played the classics, but the "glorious new stuff" sounded like total crap, is like all these guys forgot what the used to play 20 years ago..... :cry:
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:oh i remember i heard some new stuff recorded by Vendetta (Ger) like 3 years ago...totally "new" non-thrash,pseudo-aggressive metal...lame....
Vendetta were abysmal live at Metal Merchants in Oslo last weekend. Sounded totally unrehearsed and had so little aggression, I think they would actually qualify as a prescription sedative.

Assassin were pretty good though. Surprisingly tight playing and pretty good with the crowd. Haven't heard any new studio stuff though. Not sure I want to.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

some good comeback LP's
Saracen - Red Sky
Gaskin - Stand or fall
Jag Panzer - The Fourth Judgement
Sacred Oath - Darkness Visible
Overlorde - Return of the Snow Giant

but probably the most stunning comeback since the resurrection of Jesus :wink: should be PAGAN ALTAR !!
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
daniel

Post by daniel »

Saracen and Overlorde were definetely stunningly good. Don't agree about PA being a comeback, in the sense that there isn't really any sort of proper release from the past for anyone to compare the 'new' stuff with. Know what I mean? If Sabbath was unknown and released their s/t album in 2009 saying they wrote it back in ´70, would you call that a comeback???
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Right, I thought the tracks from the album "The Lords of Hypocrisy" were new songs. If that is not the case, then of course it wasn't a "real" comeback. I agree.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Red Sky is pretty much all old songs too. A lot of reunion albums are more than three quarters old songs. Usually for the better too.
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

The best comeback imo was Iron Maiden - Brave New World. Man that album rocks! Their best since the mighty SSoaSS.

My pick for most disappointing comeback is Sacred Rite - Resurrection. They are from my home state of Hawaii and i absolutely worship their first 3 albums, but their new one sucks like a $2 crack whore. It's more cock rock oriented like that other abomination of theirs SR-IV. I was hoping they would have returned to their power metal roots but they delivered this pile of horse shit instead. :(
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Moonchild wrote:The best comeback imo was Iron Maiden - Brave New World. Man that album rocks! Their best since the mighty SSoaSS
if ure being serious then we really have too different opinions on the forum :?
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

I'm dead serious. You don't have to agree, but it's MY pick and i happen to think that BNW is a fantastic album.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

As a comeback of sorts, I like Accident Of Birth better. Bruce > Maiden these days.
commando lightning

Post by commando lightning »

venom's getting back together for cast in stone was great ,shame it didn't lasted longer before they started pissing off eachother and the original line up went its seprate ways :evil:
mordred

Post by mordred »

Moonchild wrote:The best comeback imo was Iron Maiden - Brave New World. Man that album rocks! Their best since the mighty SSoaSS.
Not really a comeback in my opinion, just a lineup change.
This might be an unusual opinion, but to me Virtual XI is the best album Iron Maiden has put out post 1988.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I kinda liked parts of IM's newest album.. Never heard virtual at all.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I find the last two Maiden totally uninspired, albums that just leave me cold. A couple of interesting riffs here and there, but not more than that. Brave New World was nice and i enjoyed it. Virtual however is a shame, tracks like Futureal can only bring me laughter. I thought X-factor was a great one and Fear of the dark has at least 5 KILLER tracks, great album as well.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart