Satan's Host "Metal From Hell"

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Toxic Holocaust

Satan's Host "Metal From Hell"

Post by Toxic Holocaust »

Hi,
I have the Satan's Host "Metal from Hell" LP on Web Records. Black Vinyl.
my question is, is this the unoffical re-release or is it the original?
I bought it from the guy who released this (he had some on ebay but I bought this one direct from him, it came with a sticker, 2 flyers and a really cool band promo, still sealed).
Just curious, cool record!

Joel
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I guess it's the original (WEB). As far as I know there are no official re-releases only bootlegs: Clear vinyl and crap cd's.
Long Live The Loud !!!
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

There is a Red vinyl origial version which I have. Black and red are original, the rest are boots
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

SATAN'S HOST were always an utter CRAP band.I think it is more crap than Killer Fox's First album :lol:(As for the second LP of Killer Fox i say it is more than decent :D ) The only positive thing i recognize in them is that Harry Cocklin sang in the 1st album and cassett LP and was ahead of it's time about the lyrics and thematology.As for others the ''music'' is totally unhearable i wonder how people worship this band?

Ah and some trivia about Web records:
The ''label'' web records was in fact someone's guy who used the label to distribute drugs in the USA.Later of course he arrested and Web records closed down.What a romance! :D
Junkyard Barbarian

Post by Junkyard Barbarian »

heard some songs from the first LP and still seek for a copy (on vinyl, though on cd it wouldnt bother me at all)
what they are doing right now is very damn gay though, typical boring black/death shit
Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction...
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Fucking Åmål wrote:SATAN'S HOST were always an utter CRAP band.I think it is more crap than Killer Fox's First album :lol:(As for the second LP of Killer Fox i say it is more than decent :D ) The only positive thing i recognize in them is that Harry Cocklin sang in the 1st album and cassett LP and was ahead of it's time about the lyrics and thematology.As for others the ''music'' is totally unhearable i wonder how people worship this band?

Ah and some trivia about Web records:
The ''label'' web records was in fact someone's guy who used the label to distribute drugs in the USA.Later of course he arrested and Web records closed down.What a romance! :D
But I like it very much :(
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

There is a Red vinyl origial version which I have. Black and red are original, the rest are boots
No, there is a red vinl and a black vinyl in original

and red vinyl and clear vinyl bootlegs.

Have the red original and the red vinyl bootleg here so it is obvious...
Messerschmitt

Post by Messerschmitt »

I got a CD-R containing the SATAN'S HOST Midnight Wind demo. Way better than the lp and definitely worth checking out!
Reality is that which, once you stop believing in it, doesn't go away
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Fucking Åmål wrote:SATAN'S HOST were always an utter CRAP band.I think it is more crap than Killer Fox's First album :lol:
:shock: OMG OMG OMG he can't be serious!!!!!!!!

METAL FROM HELL is the bloody BEST METAL ALBUM OF ALL TIME!!!!

I know not everyone can have such a great musical taste like me, but in the case of SATANS HOST, I always thought its obvious that this is the NON PLUS ULTRA, the Mona Lisa of Heavy Metal (just not as ugly), the crown-jewel in your collection!!

If metal records would be Pubs, this one would be open 24h, the (bavarian) beer would come in large buckets and would not cost a cent, the waitresses would all be blonde, longhaired, 20 years of age, nicely built, experts in 80ies metal history, and naked.

And, YES, it may have the WORST sound of all time, but who cares!?!?!

PURE METAL MAGIC IN THIS ONE!!!!!!!!! So dont listen to Fucking Amal :wink:

And back to the OP:
METAL FROM HELL was released on BLACK (not bootlegged), RED (Orig. + Boot) and CLEAR VINYL (Boot only)
1) Matrix-number of the original is WEB001/ Bootlegs have SH etched as Matrix
2) Cover of original is thicker and dull, not sparking as the bootleg.
Ryacus

Post by Ryacus »

Anyone who calls this the best metal album of all time is lost.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Had it not been for the infamous mix, "Metal From Hell" could very well be a strong candidate for Best Metal Album Ever. Every fucking song is incredible, but I hardly listen to it because I only get depressed by that fucking sound :cry:
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I don't understand the buzz around this album.I will go with Ryacus as my opinion about Satan's Host.But guess what if i would say that KILLER FOX is the best band in the world how it would sounded like?Noone would paied attention to me and everyone would did right. 8)
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Metal From Hell LP = A superb piece of EVIL METAL. Fuck the production. The unholy duet of Leviathan Thisiren + Satan Patrick Evil fuckin' D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-S and shits on the face of politically correct metal. Go for their throat you bastards! :twisted:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I totally agree with Ryacus and Fuckin' Amal on this one !!
Come on guys, I know tastes are tastes but how a such piece of crap can be labelled as "cult" ???
OK, the production doesn't help them, but the songwriting is ... hum ... approximative and so unoriginal !!
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

omen of hate wrote:but the songwriting is ... hum ... approximative and so unoriginal !!
the songwriting is unoriginal?

UNORIGINAL???

UNORIGINAL???????????????????????

OHGODOHGODOHGODWHATFORUMISTHISFUCKINGHELL????

Are you sure you heard the right record?

Listen to HELL FIRE and tell me again the songwriting is UNORIGINAL!
Listen to the psychotic guitar madness of KING OF TERROR, dim the light, light a candle in your vault of steel, and listen to SOULS IN EXILE while reading the lyrics!! Give BLACK STEELE another try, especially the eternally-great bridge ("...Bang your head - for luzifer, Bang your head - against the Stage..."), put the needle down at METAL FROM HELL, be carried away by INTO THE VEIL (anyone else hears similarities to SHADOW THIEF here?) fuck, just listen to ANY song on this album!!!

METAL FROM HELL BLOWS AMPLE DESTRUCTION AWAY WITH EASE!!! And just to make that clear, I LOVE Jag Panzer!!!

Okok, I see, I must relax. Everyone can have his own opinion. We are Metalheads, we are known to be openminded ...

...NOT!!!

Hahah :wink: :)
We praise the blood that metal brings