Brats Pre Mercyful Fate Myspace

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
mordred wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:Now that's some treasure - hope you can find it. And playing Karlshamn?! Was there anyone present apart from bands, roadies and their friends? :wink:
Actually Karlshamn was quite some metal town in the 80's.
It was?! I've been there a couple of times lately and it's looked everything but. Then again, the most unlikely places may very well be metal havens.
Modern day is a lot different from 20 years ago...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Avenger wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:
mordred wrote: Actually Karlshamn was quite some metal town in the 80's.
It was?! I've been there a couple of times lately and it's looked everything but. Then again, the most unlikely places may very well be metal havens.
Don't I know it...
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
Avenger wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:
Don't I know it...
:)
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
mordred

Post by mordred »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
mordred wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:Now that's some treasure - hope you can find it. And playing Karlshamn?! Was there anyone present apart from bands, roadies and their friends? :wink:
Actually Karlshamn was quite some metal town in the 80's.
As you might know Overdrive, Mercy, Faith, Parasite and Killerhawk all rose out of this little bumhole of a town. :)
And today the not so insignificant Sweden Rock Festival is hosted only a few kilometres away, and used to be held in Karlshamn up until only a few years ago.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

mordred wrote: As you might know Overdrive, Mercy, Faith, Parasite and Killerhawk all rose out of this little bumhole of a town. :)
And today the not so insignificant Sweden Rock Festival is hosted only a few kilometres away, and used to be held in Karlshamn up until only a few years ago.
And KATEDRA played a gig somewhere in the Karlshamn neighbourhood in 1991 I think ("Baltic Sea Music Festival" or something like that). Hehe...
Fun records
MercyfulUngol

Post by MercyfulUngol »

The Erlking wrote:Does anyone have the brats '81 demo with KD in vocals?
A few songs from it have been added on the myspace... I'm thinking of adding a paere punk comp song, but I'm not sure.
MercyfulUngol

Post by MercyfulUngol »

Stark wrote:We (Overdrive) did a gig with Brats in Karlshamn, Sweden, just after King D had joined the band in 1981. The line-up featured King D - vocals, Hank Sherman and Carsten on guitar, Yenz on bass and Monro on drums. They played none of the songs from the album, only stuff that became M fate songs. I'm still trying to get the video from the show from the guy that filmed it. I had it, but lost it years ago which is a fucking shame I know.
I've still got some photos and the gig poster.
I would kill to have a copy of that, I would give up my entire college fund.
Rob

Post by Rob »

snaps666 wrote:
The Erlking wrote:Does anyone have the brats '81 demo with KD in vocals?
Death Kiss?

It's been released on vinyl .
I have that vinyl, but I don't know if it is a boot or not, possibly yes, do you guys know of any details?
6is9
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

The one you can see on this pic is a boot:

But this one that was recently released is official, and even has more tracks: