Brats Pre Mercyful Fate Myspace

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
User avatar
MercyfulUngol
Posts: 156

Brats Pre Mercyful Fate Myspace

Post#1 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:51 pm

Hey, everyone! I just made a Brats fan page, I got the, "OK" from Hank Shermann! Hope you like it! The site is not done yet.

http://www.myspace.com/brats1980

If anyone has any pictures, info, or anything they would like to contribute, I will gladly put it up! Or a song recommendation.
Last edited by MercyfulUngol on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Erlking
Posts: 2025

Post#2 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:55 am

Nice work MU. Brats are really cool band!

I like King Diamond's first "real" band Black Rose a lot too.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6702
Contact:

Post#3 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:46 am

I hold 1980 BRATS as one of my all-time fave Hard Rock albums. Next to flawless raging stuff. Good work!
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

User avatar
nightsblood
Posts: 2410

Post#4 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:32 pm

cool! I've always wanted to hear Brats but never have- am listening now. What the heck does 'OY 905' mean?
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky

User avatar
The Knell
Posts: 4308

Post#5 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:49 pm

At first listen I don't the music too good. Average Punk Rock

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6702
Contact:

Post#6 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:02 pm

The album sorta pends between the HR/"nwodhm" of OY905 and the punk of Pinned On My Eyelids. I'd like to see Heavy Rocker and Tame Me added to that MySpace page asap. The best and heaviest 2 tracks imo 8)
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

User avatar
ElectricWizard
Posts: 23

Post#7 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:08 pm

Nice work! Some of the Brats songs are awesome and some are less awesome

User avatar
In The Raw
Posts: 66

Post#8 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:48 am

DaN wrote:The album sorta pends between the HR/"nwodhm" of OY905 and the punk of Pinned On My Eyelids. I'd like to see Heavy Rocker and Tame Me added to that MySpace page asap. The best and heaviest 2 tracks imo 8)
I agree about "Heavy Rocker" - its an amazing metal track. The whole album has a weird crossover thing going between metallic punk and straight metal though. Since I like a fair amount of punk I enjoy those songs, but I can see how a metalhead NOT into punk would not be crazy about something like "B-Brains" or "Pinned To My Eyelids".

Still, I rate it as one of the great overlooked albums from that period.
"On your feet, or on your knees"

User avatar
Metalipeiklo
Posts: 332

Post#9 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:19 am

I have to say that I don't the music too good either, but BRATS are great!

I'm OY-905, don't shoot me down tonight
Fun records

User avatar
Stark
Posts: 98
Contact:

Post#10 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:53 am

We (Overdrive) did a gig with Brats in Karlshamn, Sweden, just after King D had joined the band in 1981. The line-up featured King D - vocals, Hank Sherman and Carsten on guitar, Yenz on bass and Monro on drums. They played none of the songs from the album, only stuff that became M fate songs. I'm still trying to get the video from the show from the guy that filmed it. I had it, but lost it years ago which is a fucking shame I know.
I've still got some photos and the gig poster.
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

User avatar
The Erlking
Posts: 2025

Post#11 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:21 am

Does anyone have the brats '81 demo with KD in vocals?
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance

User avatar
great_knuthulhu
Posts: 1389

Post#12 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:10 am

Stark wrote:We (Overdrive) did a gig with Brats in Karlshamn, Sweden, just after King D had joined the band in 1981. The line-up featured King D - vocals, Hank Sherman and Carsten on guitar, Yenz on bass and Monro on drums. They played none of the songs from the album, only stuff that became M fate songs. I'm still trying to get the video from the show from the guy that filmed it. I had it, but lost it years ago which is a fucking shame I know.
I've still got some photos and the gig poster.
Now that's some treasure - hope you can find it. And playing Karlshamn?! Was there anyone present apart from bands, roadies and their friends? :wink:
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.

User avatar
mordred
Posts: 1739

Post#13 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:48 am

great_knuthulhu wrote:
Stark wrote:Now that's some treasure - hope you can find it. And playing Karlshamn?! Was there anyone present apart from bands, roadies and their friends? :wink:
Actually Karlshamn was quite some metal town in the 80's.
Find me a Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP, please

User avatar
snaps666
Posts: 304
Contact:

Post#14 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:10 am

The Erlking wrote:Does anyone have the brats '81 demo with KD in vocals?
Death Kiss?

It's been released on vinyl .

User avatar
great_knuthulhu
Posts: 1389

Post#15 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:32 pm

mordred wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:Now that's some treasure - hope you can find it. And playing Karlshamn?! Was there anyone present apart from bands, roadies and their friends? :wink:
Actually Karlshamn was quite some metal town in the 80's.
It was?! I've been there a couple of times lately and it's looked everything but. Then again, the most unlikely places may very well be metal havens.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests