Progressive Metal 1990-1995

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

ALA DRAMA Well.This one is kinda Demo stage,but I really enjoyed songs from Demo "Extended Play" 1989.Interesing and quite original band.
msp

Post by msp »

I listened to the first album by SHADOW GALLERY on the way to work this morning. I had never heard this band before and so had no idea how it would sound. I guess they come under the remit of this thread. On the whole it was quite intetesting but not something I would describe as killer.

At some points it sounds like it could go off into 1970's prog/folk territory before going into progressive riffing. One downside, is that at some points I half expect the singer to pay homage to Joey Tempest and go into some "Final Countdown" type chorus. Not sure how their other albums are in comparison to this.
ChildOfTheDamned

Post by ChildOfTheDamned »

The next two Shadow Gallery albums are total masterpieces but you may find them to be too "gay",I don't know. I love them anyway...
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

ChildOfTheDamned wrote:Shadow Gallery albums are total masterpieces
Tyranny!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
ChildOfTheDamned

Yeah Tyrrany is one of my top 90 albums,that whole "love behind a screen" thing expresses me a lot,haha!
ChildOfTheDamned

It now occurred to me,Naked Sun!!! Know them? If not,check 'em out! I wouldn't call 'em exactly "metal" but they're certainly in the vibe of the bands that this thread started with.
Helm

Post by Helm »

Will check!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

:oops: I promised to upload Naked Sun, my bad, my bad. Will try to do that this week.
I am ... the One you warned me of
ChildOfTheDamned

I doubt that any sicko here will like them though,hehe! Check some samples of their 2nd effort here:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/nakedsun