Witch Hunt - Demo '84 (pre-Crom (Fin))

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:Here it is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IUSBOG08
Thank you.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
zeuhl

Post by zeuhl »

This single is probably my favorite Finnish stuff along with "Envoy of death" and "Moottorilinnut"!! Now I only need to upgrade my mp3s to wax, hah.

So good...
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

wow so good.
this beats tarot's first lp i think and goes straight to the top of sauna steel
i suppose its impossible to find any vinyl but thanks for the mp3s,they ll play for a long time
doesnt the singer remind you of dave tattum (angelwitch on scr & bl /fr assault)
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
nabel

Post by nabel »

Yes, maybe the best finnish 7", they have great own sound. Don't know is it "impossible" to find this but it demands hard work and good luck. No, I don't have it but I know it's not impossible like for example Sarcofagus 7"...

Sauna steel?! :D
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Best finnish 7" = STUD's Mä Haluun Elää/Viimeinen Yö 7" coz it simply has the best finnish heavy metal song ever (Viimeinen Yö) 8)
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Masterwork's Bad Power, Stud's Mä Haluun Elää/Viimeinen Yö and this are the best three Sauna Steel singles for me. Don't know in which order. I play Stud's the most but it's more "generic" metal than Masterwork. Though I don't think every band has to be like Hell, Max Planck, The Mezmerist or Black Hole for example..
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Erlking wrote:Masterwork's Bad Power, Stud's Mä Haluun Elää/Viimeinen Yö and this are the best three Sauna Steel singles for me. Don't know in which order.
Let's not forget the magnificent HELLION NOISE 7"! Together with those 3 = definitely the best from Finland.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

You're right. They're top stuff too. Too bad there wasn't much good ol' HEAVY METAL in Finland in vein of early 80s metal around europe and north-america. Or at least I haven't heard.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Oh and Tarot is boring
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

i only like the first tarot(its b side is flawless) and i admit im uneducated in finnish metal,i only know bands like helsinki,pegasos and steel frog.educate me on poisonoise please!
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Erlking wrote:Oh and Tarot is boring
1st TAROT is a masterpiece. Few scandinavian albums have THAT class.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

MassOfKthulu wrote:i only like the first tarot(its b side is flawless) and i admit im uneducated in finnish metal,i only know bands like helsinki,pegasos and steel frog.educate me on poisonoise please!
STUD and HELLION NOISE are the two 7'' you should check first. I had uploaded STUD a long time ago and probably the link is not active now. Dan had also uploaded HN and some other finnish 7''. Check the links and let me know if anything needs a reup.

How good are PEGASOS and STEEL FROG though?

The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I've tried to get into it. It's not bad but it's still kinda boring imo. Everything seems to be in order but the songs just don't struck me that good or very memorable. Besides Marco Hietala wouldn't recognise real metal nowadays even if he stumbled over old Iron Maiden records. :)

OZ and Sarcofagus are so much better
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Erlking wrote:but the songs just don't struck me that good or very memorable.
Listen to "Wings of Darkness" again. If you don't like it, then listen to it again. And then again. And again. And again...

OK, i know it depends on each one's taste, but on very few occasions i just cannot understand how someone who likes 80's heavy metal cannot like certain songs. TAROT's debut has at least two of those songs...

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

ION BRITTON wrote:How good are PEGASOS and STEEL FROG though?
PEGASOS is Melodic Scandinavian Hard Rock, pure and simple. Not my bag but I guess they're not bad at what they do. I've got a rip of it right here but asking for an upload will mean Your Steel Is Not True.

I haven't heard STEEL FROG, but I've seen it described as Speed/Thrash. Wouldn't mind hearing it.