WASP

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

What's your favourite WASP album?

WASP
56%
The Last Command
6%
Inside the Electric Circus
No votes
The Headless Children
26%
The Crimson Idol
12%
Still Not Black Enough
No votes
Kill, Fuck, Die
No votes
Helldorado
No votes
Unholy Terror
No votes
The Neon God: Part One - The Rise
No votes
The Neon God: Part Two - The Demise
No votes

Total votes: 34

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

s/t ("Winged Assassins"?) was one of the first HM albums I bought, the 4th after the 3 first Twisted Sister if I remember correctly and it's been one of my absolute top faves ever since. Absolutely flawless album which of course got my vote.

I was a bit let down by "The Last Command" and found "Electric Circus" utterly useless at the time, so from there on I stopped caring much about WASP (might have been around the time when I started to discover Speed/Thrash). This is hardly the first time I've seen people rave about "Headless Children" & "Crimson Idol" though, and I've been meaning to check them out next time they turn up cheap. Cheers for the reminder 8)
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:This is hardly the first time I've seen people rave about "Headless Children" & "Crimson Idol" though, and I've been meaning to check them out next time they turn up cheap. Cheers for the reminder 8)
You don't seem to read every thread on the Corroseum, admin :P We have praised these albums more than once before!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

The S/T has some great songs but a few bad fillers too, I should also throw out a HUGE nod to their EP B-Side Show No Mercy one of the GREATEST W.A.S.P. songs to date!

EDIT: Should also make this addition to the hearing lyrics wrong thread:

W.A.S.P. - Savage

00:30 - 00:32 "Cause I'm a wild screaming negro"
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

ION BRITTON wrote:
DaN wrote:This is hardly the first time I've seen people rave about "Headless Children" & "Crimson Idol" though, and I've been meaning to check them out next time they turn up cheap. Cheers for the reminder 8)
You don't seem to read every thread on the Corroseum, admin :P We have praised these albums more than once before!
As I said, it's hardly the first time I've seen people rave about them.
Guess I'll have to give "..Electric Circus" another chance too, since I hate having potholes in the discogs of classic bands.
Nightlock wrote:EDIT: Should also make this addition to the hearing lyrics wrong thread:

W.A.S.P. - Savage

00:30 - 00:32 "Cause I'm a wild screaming negro"
Obviously a nod to his one and only contender in the best-American-vocalist-ever cathegory, Siki Spacek!
mordred

Post by mordred »

DaN wrote:Guess I'll have to give "..Electric Circus" another chance too, since I hate having potholes in the discogs of classic bands.
Electric Circus is a very tired and uninspired effort. Trust me, you're better off going straight for The Headless Children, I think you would like it.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I never liked W.a.s.p nor their style nor their songs.I believe W.a.s.p had more connections with Glam Metal.Too damn fake band! :evil:
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Fucking Åmål wrote:I never liked W.a.s.p nor their style nor their songs.I believe W.a.s.p had more connections with Glam Metal.Too damn fake band! :evil:
Even the band in your avatar is more Glam than W.A.S.P. :lol:
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Fucking Åmål wrote:I believe W.a.s.p had more connections with Glam Metal.Too damn fake band! :evil:
I've honestly NEVER seen why some people still try to squeeze them into that pidgeonhole. So Blackie had a short fling with M Crue in their early days, but that's just about the only connection I can think of.
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

he seems to have some kind of vendetta against 90% of us metal bands.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Abyss wrote:he seems to have some kind of vendetta against 90% of us metal bands.
...and anything good
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

Korgüll wrote:
Abyss wrote:he seems to have some kind of vendetta against 90% of us metal bands.
...and anything good
hahaha oh well I guess, If someone tries to tie in W.A.S.P with "glam metal" then they better go all out hate various other bands from L.A. and all over the world or they are being a hypocrite, I've heard 80's heavy metal albums from all around the world that has a very commercial tinge akin to "glam metal" and I know damn right Fucking Åmål likes some of those bands.
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

"The Headless Children" is the best they've done, but the first two are probably most fun to listen to. Everything after "The Crimson Idol" is crap to my ears with Blackie just recyling old ideas and melodies.
mordred

Post by mordred »

On a strictly theoretical side I can see why someone would wanna put W.A.S.P. in the glam metal fact when only looking at the first two records. Catchy songs, lyrics strictly about partying, fucking, rocking and raging - their outfits etc. But still, first two W.A.SP. are so much heavier, rawer and more savage than, say, Mötley Crüe or Ratt, so for me it's heavy metal hands down.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

The first two Motley Crue albums were great and heavy metal too. You have to be when you cover Helter Skelter and include an instrumental.

But W.A.S.P. were one of the few Glam(looking/image) bands that actually got heavier and more serious about their music and later releases while most actual Glam Metal bands got weaker and softer every day.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Headless Children for me. The most mature of them all. Proof that Blacky is really talented artist.
I am ... the One you warned me of