Bands everybody else labels as mediocre but you love anyways

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

Ethel The Frog seem to get a lot of bad by many metalheads, but i find the s/t album extremely addictive.
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

N.W.O.O.F.G.M. wrote:Ethel The Frog seem to get a lot of bad by many metalheads, but i find the s/t album extremely addictive.
I agree but it really has the absolute WORST opening track on every record existing. horrible, horrible cover...
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

The Knell wrote:
N.W.O.O.F.G.M. wrote:Ethel The Frog seem to get a lot of bad by many metalheads, but i find the s/t album extremely addictive.
I agree but it really has the absolute WORST opening track on every record existing. horrible, horrible cover...
No way :D
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

The Erlking wrote:
The Knell wrote:
Yes way. Definately way.
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

The Knell wrote:
The Erlking wrote:
The Knell wrote:
Yes way. Definately way.
No NO way! :D
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

why would you open your album with a crappy beatles cover. i like the beatles and the song is okay, but ethel managed to ruin it totally, making it unbearable. i'd love to erase the grooves with magic groove-ex so it would start with the good shit instead. but there isnt any so i have to fiddle around with the needle until it might go down to the gap between track 1 and 2 if i'm lucky. ass
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

The answer is obvious for me. I really worship Kratos(us) while most of the people i know find them awfull. Don't mind the vocals ,the lousy artwork.......i love both the sound and the songs. And when i sai "love" i mean for life.
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Not sure if I "love" Kratos, but I definitely like it and will buy a copy if I can find one at the right price. Iron Beast really DOES rule the city. At least as far as I'm concernd.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

great_knuthulhu wrote:Not sure if I "love" Kratos, but I definitely like it and will buy a copy if I can find one at the right price. Iron Beast really DOES rule the city. At least as far as I'm concernd.
Same here man. I love all four tracks of the ep but ,especially, Armageddon rips me in half everytime i listen to it...........
All i need is a lady
DMR

Post by DMR »

I love Salem's Law, but it seems like few other people do.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Witchkiller wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:Not sure if I "love" Kratos, but I definitely like it and will buy a copy if I can find one at the right price. Iron Beast really DOES rule the city. At least as far as I'm concernd.
Same here man. I love all four tracks of the ep but ,especially, Armageddon rips me in half everytime i listen to it...........
Truth be told, when I first heard it I thought it was really awful. When I revisited it a couple of years ago, it just blew my fucking brains out. Short and powerful songs with razor-sharp riffing, and -why not- a very effective mixture of early crust (ala Discharge) and power metal. Amazing.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Witchkiller wrote:
Truth be told, when I first heard it I thought it was really awful. When I revisited it a couple of years ago, it just blew my fucking brains out. Short and powerful songs with razor-sharp riffing, and -why not- a very effective mixture of early crust (ala Discharge) and power metal. Amazing.
I love the Kratos EP too; one of my favourites US 12"EP's. It's simple but extremely effective and metal to the bone. The song "Armageddon" is just plain wonderful. It's THAT kind of sound I miss in today's metal.
Long Live The Loud !!!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I agree about Kratos though the Opener is rather weak in comparison
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

What about the Dissection (Can) album. Most think it's so so or mediocre, but I seriously love this crazy Death Thrash platter. Also thanks to the totally insane vocals.
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

The Sentinel wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
Witchkiller wrote:
I love the Kratos EP too; one of my favourites US 12"EP's. It's simple but extremely effective and metal to the bone. The song "Armageddon" is just plain wonderful. It's THAT kind of sound I miss in today's metal.
ok, so that makes us four! World ,here we come ,haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodmorning guys!
All i need is a lady