Yugo Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Favourite Yugoslavian Band

Gordi
4%
Divlje Jagode
6%
Sarcasm
21%
Demoniac
No votes
Heller
17%
Annathema
8%
Crna Udovica
4%
Evil Blood
21%
Pergament
15%
Pomaranca
2%
Legija
2%

Total votes: 48

roihlem

Post by roihlem »

RNA wrote:Actually, guys, the best thing for me from former Yugoslavia was Rapid Force. t's a band of a former Heller guitar player Kosta Bogdanović. They released a demo in 1990 called "To Sky And Back". Fantastic US melodic thrash, something like Forbidden. In 1993 came their first album "Apotheosis Of War" which is the rarest damn vinyl in former Yugoslavia. I talked to the then bass player and he told me it was pressed only in 50 copies, although from another source I found out it was 150... but definitely not mroe than that. The only copy I've ever seen is in my posession. It was being sold by teh Explosive Records guys on ebay for a fixed price of 300 dollars. On this album they strayed away from the original style towards more groovy Pantera sound, but still retaining some of the old school sound. Recently their second album came out. Now they sound like an all-out Pantera copy.
Funny that no one mentioned Anesthesia from Zagreb. Pretty good band that released an album "Eye For An Eye" in 1993 on Croatia Records (former Jugoton). I have the CD version with one song more than the LP, but that song was released on vinyl as a promo 7" single without a cover.
Well I was told that the 2nd Annathema LP was the rarest one with a pressing of 120 copies. But Dan`s story might be quite real I guess....Actually I have seen Rapid Force offered a few times as well...About the price, don`t take the price that wants the guy of Explosive Records as the real current price. For instance, if I recall right he sold the 2nd Annathema for 300 dollars as well, but on Ebay I got it for 20€!!!!!!!!!!!! The price of most Yugo LPs did fall....
About the music, I found the music on their LP ok, while the demo excerpts I heard were very impressive....
And about Anesthesia, their modern influences on the first LP kill my will to listen to it. Their 2nd album was a total desaster, some Alternative Rock....Yeah, that promo 7" contained two tracks that can be found on the first CD. I guess it was pressed in a quantity of 200 copies like the old Crna Udovica, Osmi Putnik and Legija promo 7"s...
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

is this the one:

and talking about Anesthesia, even if they were better musicians,
Kain was far better band, specialy live...
and that one was pressed about 100-150 max too.
how much would that price go?
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

about Kain, I read somewhere that it was pressed in 500 copies...I guess most copies were never sold, though...
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

i was told by good friend of one member that is hardly 150,
and second album on tape around 50...??? i don't know,
that is only source i had...
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

Maybe you are right, because the LP really hardly appears....and the tape really never appears...
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

yeh, maybe... i got this tape from him, and he promised
to give me fully signed record, but still waiting...

do you have any Eye for an eye CD copy more?
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

no, once I got two, but traded one away...
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

®O©O wrote:yeh, maybe... i got this tape from him, and he promised
to give me fully signed record, but still waiting...

do you have any Eye for an eye CD copy more?
what label released this?
RNA

Post by RNA »

Frankly, I've never heard of that band Kain, but that's not surpruising. Hardly any information came here from Croatia after the war started in 1991. I accidentally stumbled upon Anesthesia here on a record market.

Yep, that's the single. (Možda sledeći put priđeš malo bliže ploči da vidimo i kako izgledaš u odsjaju. ;))

As far as Rapid Force goes, demo features 5 songs that are also on the LP: 'Hero', 'Real N.M.E.', 'Union', 'Sky's Burnign Higher' and 'Blidness'. These versions are much more old school sounding, like I said something like Forbidden. "Apotheosis Of War" has mostly production and electronic drums to thank for this modern sounds, but also guiatars are much crunchier. And if you think that was modern, check out the new version of 'Hero' they're playing for the last 7 years or so, since the reformation. i think they have it on their myspace page.
And Explosive have nothign to do with Rapid Force. Their LP was released on a small label called Carlo Records. At the time they also produced now rare LP's of pop, rock and alternative bands.

Bombarder for me was an utter shit. I do own "Bez milosti" (bought it from Explosive while they were still selling them for 4 deutsch marks, as well as Heller and Demoniac), but played it only 3-4 times. The riffs bore me to hell. But, these newly re-arranged track sound hunders of times better. From the old days of the band, only several tracks from "Speed Kill" make sense. But, they looked really good on stage, kids here loved them at the time. I heard there are some talks of releasing their old video on DVD. it's truly hysterical material. I laughed my ass off listening to Nešo and his Bosnian accent. He's still the same prankster as always, only lacks the legendary mustache.

I'm really surprised there's no Bloodbath on teh list. They are considered as a cult band in the rank of Heller and they were very close to this band at the time. Their EP "Toxic Death" is revered to this day. There were plans of a compilation CD some 10 years ago, but nothing came of it.

The second Annathema might well be the second rarest LP, but I'm sure it's not rarer than Rapid Force. Still, "Empire Of Noise" is an awesome Testament-like album and good thing it was re-released on CD so that more people can hear it.

For all you collectors, it's very rare to find any of the old YU LP's in mint condition, because they were all done on a very bad paper, as I'm sure all of you who actually own them know. There's also the factor of people from back then not taking much care of their LP's. For instance, Gordi's "Pakle trio" album was released in pressing of 10000 copies and I only saw a single copy that could come close to being described as near mint.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

®O©O wrote: do you have any Eye for an eye CD copy more?
I found a copy in Marijan Džojič's bins at Keep it True this year, and then again on Bang Your Head so I guess he still has it for sale (19 EUR I think), do you need his contact?

I've never heard Kain before ... what are they like? So my favorite from Croatia so far is the first Drinking Skull album, I never really liked Anesthesia (especially on their 2nd album :) ) ..

EDIT - I just remembered, my favorite from Croatia would definetily be Hladno Pivo - Džinovski! :)
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

sovdat wrote:
®O©O wrote: do you have any Eye for an eye CD copy more?
I found a copy in Marijan Džojič's bins at Keep it True this year, and then again on Bang Your Head so I guess he still has it for sale (19 EUR I think), do you need his contact?

I've never heard Kain before ... what are they like? So my favorite from Croatia so far is the first Drinking Skull album, I never really liked Anesthesia (especially on their 2nd album :) ) ..

EDIT - I just remembered, my favorite from Croatia would definetily be Hladno Pivo - Džinovski! :)

Got to second Džinovski! My fav Cro-album of all times!

Saarmaa!!!
I am ... the One you warned me of
RNA

Post by RNA »

Ah, sarma, sweet ambrosia of the gods...

But, let's not get into punk. That's awhole different and no smaller story than this one.
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

roihlem wrote:what label released this?
EurOdisK records co. / EurOtoN writes on tape - never heard of?
RNA wrote: put priđeš malo bliže
je to mi je iz drugog pokusaja, na prvom se vidim :D

here are all three live Drinking skull, Kain, Anesthesia same concert
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DEpqv4QofhA
Noisenik wrote: Džinovski
:D e pankeru! drži se Zadruge!
RNA

Post by RNA »

Vidim ja da ćemo mi ovde da napravimo ex-YU komunu. Ko jebe ove strendžere. ;)
Da nemaš taj koncert na nekom većem formatu? Mogli bismo da napravimo neku trampu.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Guys you understand that we must hear that Džinovski thing now!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart