SIREN - No Place Like Home ..and similar bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

BlackStele wrote:
Avenger wrote:
BlackStele wrote:
UNORIGINAL?? Hahahaha! :lol: :lol:

Titan Force combine perfect melody with power and lyricism, what else would we ask for? OH COME ON GUYS! :twisted:
Don't forget the huge Jazz influences...
I'm Rolling Over The Floor Laughing, ahahahhaha! JAZZ and POP influences for TF, I lived to read this, ohohohohohohohohohoo!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, if you can't hear the Jazz influence in Titan Force, you need to clean your ears.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Avenger wrote:
BlackStele wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Don't forget the huge Jazz influences...
I'm Rolling Over The Floor Laughing, ahahahhaha! JAZZ and POP influences for TF, I lived to read this, ohohohohohohohohohoo!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, if you can't hear the Jazz influence in Titan Force, you need to clean your ears.
hahahhahhaha, stop it, mercy, I'm laughing till tears come, ohohoho, I have to go to work now, thanx for making my day, mouhahahaha!! :lol: :lol: YES, I AM E DEAF DEALER, ROFL!
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Avenger is partly right, there are indeed some fusion hints, especially on solos.

Anyway, i now discover that i love an unoriginal metal band with an undeniable poppy essence, who is able to write tracks like Wings of rage, Blaze of glory, Fields of valor, New age rebels, similar stuff that can be found easily on some heavier b-class pop bands who just don't use a drum machine.

Funny, i never saw it that way.

Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:Avenger is partly right, there are indeed some fusion hints, especially on solos.

Anyway, i now discover that i love an unoriginal metal band with an undeniable poppy essence, who is able to write tracks like Wings of rage, Blaze of glory, Fields of valor, New age rebels, similar stuff that can be found easily on some heavier b-class pop bands who just don't use a drum machine.

I don't know man...

Some people around here are ... uh... odd...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

ok then, I'll say it otherwise: If you see Jazz/Pop elements in songs such as: Chase Your Dreams, Lord Desire, New Age Rebels, Fields Of Valor, Winner/Looser, One And All, THEN YOU ARE THE"ODD", and not me! TF may be more melodic, in some parts, their music is difficult to comprehend for some ears, and yes, they move in more progressive forms, but they're not "whimps"as I hear people call them through the years, and it's wrong to compare them with other bands. Individuality and innovation are the right words if someone wants to refer to TF, that's all..
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Winner Loser is a great fucking album!
I think that title sums up this topic about Titan Force :)
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

BlackStele, when we say jazz elements we don't necessarily mean that ALL tracks are full of them nor that those elements are easy to spot all the time. However, there are some hints of jazz/fusion at some points, Toll of Pain is a good example. I'm pretty sure that if one would ask the TF axemen about their favorite albums or guitarists, a jazz/fusion one would be included there.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

ION BRITTON wrote:BlackStele, when we say jazz elements we don't necessarily mean that ALL tracks are full of them nor that those elements are easy to spot all the time. However, there are some hints of jazz/fusion at some points, Toll of Pain is a good example. I'm pretty sure that if one would ask the TF axemen about their favorite albums or guitarists, a jazz/fusion one would be included there.
how can u be so sure, did u ask them? Anyway, I don't see those"hints" you're talking about...Toll Of Pain is a more melodic/atmospheric song, with Heavy riffs, and brilliant turnings, and strong bass, but yet is a "strange"song for a lot of people I know..
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

BlackStele wrote: how can u be so sure, did u ask them? Anyway, I don't see those"hints" you're talking about...
No, i haven't asked them, but i'm quite sure what kind of answer i'd get if i mentioned a guitar influences issue.
Toll Of Pain is a more melodic/atmospheric song, with Heavy riffs, and brilliant turnings, and strong bass, but yet is a "strange"song for a lot of people I know..
I didn't say the opposite, your description is pretty accurate, however there are also some fusion influenced moments there. I can't 'force' you to see those hints if you really don't see them, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist. This is not a Miles Davis album where Jazz Fusion is everywhere, it's a metal album and those elements can be well hidden or they may be thrown in in small yet noticeable quantities.

BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Ion Britton, you're biased. Look, I'm not a Jazz expert, and I'll never be, we agree that we disagree, you say that their solos in some parts "implying"that they might have some slight jazz influences, well I don't hear such thing. But I see that the story is being repeated as far as the perception and the estimation of some things is concerned. I think that everything is relative. People have different ways to think, diffent ways to react, and different ways to see some things. That's a matter of fact. Beside this, nothing is taken for granded so you can't claim that what you see is obvious, while the general conclusion remains the same, and many others factors overbalance these "hints"that you see, and make them unreal..
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

DAMN, sorry for the double post, my connection is fucked up! :oops:
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

I'll agree with Ion and Avenger here too, It really seems you don't want to here them referred to as anything but pure metal born from the depths of metal hell :P .
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

nightlock, I don't see it like this, please read carefully my last post...each person has different ways to perceive some things...anyway, that doesn't make sense, as I said before, we argee that we disagree, but is this thread bout SIREN anyway?
Helm

Post by Helm »

ION BRITTON wrote:Avenger is partly right, there are indeed some fusion hints, especially on solos.

The funny thing is I like the record well enough and I do get a good feeling from listening to it. But it's lightweight, come on! You can love it, I love a lot of lightweight stuff, they just don't come from HM bands!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Helm wrote:

The funny thing is I like the record well enough and I do get a good feeling from listening to it. But it's lightweight, come on! You can love it, I love a lot of lightweight stuff, they just don't come from HM bands!
The question is not about loving it or not, i really don't have a problem even if you think TF suck because that is a matter of taste. However, i need you to give me a degree of that 'lightweight' nature of Titan Force. I haven't said that they are the heaviest US metal ever, not even quite heavy, but that 'lightweight' thing doesn't fit very well.

With 10 being ultra heavy, can you please give me the heaviness of the following albums, so that i can understand what does lightweight mean to you:

Fates warning - Awaken the guardian
Hittman - s/t
Queensryche - Operation mindcrime
Mystic force - Eternal quest
Titan force - s/t