SIREN - No Place Like Home ..and similar bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Well maybe it's the point that they don't sound like every other 80's metal band from germany. :roll:

I presonally think TEMPEST managed to write very clever, cathy and crushing songs with a lot of personality. An excellent example of a band creating truly original sound yet not a jigsaw puzzle of weird influences and massive wankery of instruments. Thumbs up.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Helm

Post by Helm »

BlackStele wrote:
DaN wrote:I think I've finally found an American "sibling" to those hard-to-define German Metal Masters TEMPEST
Indeed, I love Tempest!

That's a very beautiful photo!

edit: also, am I the only one that sees a similarity in the tone of voice (not the vocal lines) between Lee and Lennie Rizzo from Exxplorer?
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

I think there is no other band as outstanding AND great out there !
Besides the ones we've already talked about on this site of course.

TYTON's Castle Donington i would call similar but not as outstanding. But the Song "Castle Donington" is fantastic !

A record i love much but most people don't, is MANIA's No Lullabies.
Very unusual rythmiques in songs and singing ! What most people dislike is the strong Glam/Hair-Metal-Touch !
Same story for THRUSTT's Call the Boys out !
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

Avenger wrote: Great album.

I wish that someone would release this damn album on CD so that I could put it beside Financial Suicide in my collection.
well, that great album exist on cd with seven bonustracks...
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

®O©O wrote:
Avenger wrote: Great album.

I wish that someone would release this damn album on CD so that I could put it beside Financial Suicide in my collection.
well, that great album exist on cd with seven bonustracks...
Bootleg, CD-R, LP-Tracks are sounding horrible. Worse than the LP !!!
Helm

Post by Helm »

Wasn't there a vinyl rip somewhere? This is one of the few LPs I still spin and I'd like an mp3 version for easier use.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I'd say that Titan Force falls into this category.

I fucking love that band...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Avenger wrote:I'd say that Titan Force falls into this category.
...except for the fact that they are 100 times better than all the aforementioned bands together + the fact that Dan finds them unoriginal, something i cannot agree with, not even if i'm tortured to death :P
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

ION BRITTON wrote:
...except for the fact that they are 100 times better than all the aforementioned bands together + the fact that Dan finds them unoriginal, something i cannot agree with, not even if i'm tortured to death :P
UNORIGINAL?? Hahahaha! :lol: :lol:

Titan Force combine perfect melody with power and lyricism, what else would we ask for? OH COME ON GUYS! :twisted:
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Helm

Post by Helm »

Titan Force are lightweight!!!

There. Flame on :)
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Helm, are u on a diet? :lol: :lol:
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Yes, it is almost poppy stuff!

Awaken the Guardian must be around 0,1 times heavier! :P
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Helm

Post by Helm »

It is! The Witch demands HOLOCAUST he says and the weight crushes the world!

No, no diet. It had to be said about Titan Force, I'm sorry! It's pop music in metal form. Not saying it's dishonest, it's just lightweight!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

BlackStele wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:

Titan Force combine perfect melody with power and lyricism, what else would we ask for? OH COME ON GUYS! :twisted:
Don't forget the huge Jazz influences...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Avenger wrote:
BlackStele wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:

Don't forget the huge Jazz influences...
I'm Rolling Over The Floor Laughing, ahahahhaha! JAZZ and POP influences for TF, I lived to read this, ohohohohohohohohohoo!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: