what was the last Slayer Mag to come out??

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
msp

what was the last Slayer Mag to come out??

Post by msp »

the last one I got was quite old skool with Frigid Bich, Mutilated and the like. Have their been any new issues since?

Cheers
Lindell

Post by Lindell »

I don't have the latest one, but it has to be #19 that is the latest, because #20 should include a Nifelheim/Sadistik exekution split (which I guess aren't happening as NWN has released that one now) and that issue isn't out yet.
ancient tyranny

Post by ancient tyranny »

the next one should be out in the beginning of 2007 Metallion told me
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

It would be great if Metallion could join us on this forum !!
Morbid Tapes

Post by Morbid Tapes »

At some point Yosuke of NWN was talking about reissuing a book reprinting the first 10 or so issues of Slayer Mag. Is this ever gonna happen? Hope so!
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

omen of hate wrote:It would be great if Metallion could join us on this forum !!
Yeah, he owes me a 'Wrath of the Tyrant' LP from a trade I did with him here in Australia when he visited to sign the band I was in to HNF!
He'll say that he doesn't remember I'm sure...
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

Morbid Tapes wrote:At some point Yosuke of NWN was talking about reissuing a book reprinting the first 10 or so issues of Slayer Mag. Is this ever gonna happen? Hope so!
Yosuke told me that this idea has been put on hold indefinitely because Metalion is hard/impossible to contact and get moving on this. PLEASE METALION get on the case because I would buy this immediately and I'm sure many others would too!
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:Metalion is hard/impossible to contact and get moving on this
Metalion is a hopeless fat slob!
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:this idea has been put on hold indefinitely
Right. Mine are packed away at the moment, but wasn't the last issue around 2003 with (a very young) Sodom on the cover? I also recall an issue with The Chasm pictured...
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

Korgüll wrote:
Piotr Sargnagel wrote:Metalion is hard/impossible to contact and get moving on this
Metalion is a hopeless fat slob!
He's slowing down after years of service to Metal :lol: .
udo-strappado

Post by udo-strappado »

Slayer magazine Number #19 (latest) (released autumn 2003 or something) have VULCANO cover art and title FUKK METAL. Dead on one page, Euronymous on last page.

I think Metallion is pissed off. And it is normal reaction to what happens nowadays so called metal scene. Read the first page and you got the point.

"... this issue is more a tribute to the past than anything else"

I always love that zine, it's pure, smart and full of honesty but nowadays metal scene is not. Thats the fucking point why not writers like Metallion have no inspiration to make number 20.. .perhaps sometimes... I HOPE SO!!!! GOOD LUCK TO METALLION!!! Respect !!!!

Heavy Metal seems to be another trendy again and backstabbers bands and some labels are with us, sad isn't ? Black metal goes to Motley Crue.. .yeah yeah.. fuck that shit. RAVEN/ANVIL/SAXON forever since 1995 from here. One guy who was mocking me about i wear white jeans etc in Slayer gig 2001(?). And now that guy play in Armour or some trendy bands like that, ... yes yes. It's good music, (and it's good, no doubt, Bullet from sverige is better and honest i think) but turncoats i dont like. Ok, people grow up, but still.. hell... Listen to Nuclear Assault and Trouble and forgive. Perhaps i'm too bad human to say this with HONESTY, but many many people are or was turncoats. I was listening CIRITH UNGOL from 1996 and still do it. Everybody laughted about me then, now... they are just... cool heavy metallers. fuck that shit. i'm going to get high or home. Peace and fucking love nowhere, nothing to lose.

so.. about the mighty Slayer mag. fanzine, i think Metallion realise that thing too. too much bullshit, too much internet, too much forums (like that one), expensive records what are not so expensive at all etc... stupid people in general. and MOSTLY GREED !!!!!!!!!! I always get my Razor things for 6 euros (maximum)... and sold them for 7... If Motley fucking crue is heavy now i sold my soul to heroin. Fukk off.. really. Metal is not "METAL" anymore.
It is TREND.
Eiku en mä pysty olla normaali.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

udo-strappado wrote:Slayer magazine Number #19 (latest) (released autumn 2003 or something) have VULCANO cover art and title FUKK METAL. Dead on one page, Euronymous on last page.

I think Metallion is pissed off. And it is normal reaction to what happens nowadays so called metal scene. Read the first page and you got the point.

"... this issue is more a tribute to the past than anything else"

I always love that zine, it's pure, smart and full of honesty but nowadays metal scene is not. Thats the fucking point why not writers like Metallion have no inspiration to make number 20.. .perhaps sometimes... I HOPE SO!!!! GOOD LUCK TO METALLION!!! Respect !!!!

Heavy Metal seems to be another trendy again and backstabbers bands and some labels are with us, sad isn't ? Black metal goes to Motley Crue.. .yeah yeah.. fuck that shit. RAVEN/ANVIL/SAXON forever since 1995 from here. One guy who was mocking me about i wear white jeans etc in Slayer gig 2001(?). And now that guy play in Armour or some trendy bands like that, ... yes yes. It's good music, (and it's good, no doubt, Bullet from sverige is better and honest i think) but turncoats i dont like. Ok, people grow up, but still.. hell... Listen to Nuclear Assault and Trouble and forgive. Perhaps i'm too bad human to say this with HONESTY, but many many people are or was turncoats. I was listening CIRITH UNGOL from 1996 and still do it. Everybody laughted about me then, now... they are just... cool heavy metallers. fuck that shit. i'm going to get high or home. Peace and fucking love nowhere, nothing to lose.

so.. about the mighty Slayer mag. fanzine, i think Metallion realise that thing too. too much bullshit, too much internet, too much forums (like that one), expensive records what are not so expensive at all etc... stupid people in general. and MOSTLY GREED !!!!!!!!!! I always get my Razor things for 6 euros (maximum)... and sold them for 7... If Motley fucking crue is heavy now i sold my soul to heroin. Fukk off.. really. Metal is not "METAL" anymore.
It is TREND.
Probably the most intelligent thing ever said on this forum???

Where's Helm BTW, I'd like to hear his reply to this?! :D