Törr

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Destrozer

Törr

Post by Destrozer »

What does Törr means? And Isen Törr?
Both great bands by the way.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Thor maybe?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Root named themselves Root because it was meant to be Torr backwards ->to illustrate that their music is similar to Törr but in a more sinister way.

First they would name themselves Rrot, the Rot and finally Root and release their shit.

But I dont know what Törr means. I guess I could ask a czech fellow and post it here or any east european member here will enlighten us

That's the third Törr thread. Post more and spread theword

I can't understand why there always is MH and Root but seldom Törr mentioned when it comes to czech metal
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Actually, when I think about czech metal, the first band that comes to mind is Törr.
deathster

Post by deathster »

I think if you are early 90s metal head then you think of Masters Hammer first. If you are more Y2K metalhead then you think of Törr :)
The first strike is the deadliest!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

deathster wrote:I think if you are early 90s metal head then you think of Masters Hammer first. If you are more Y2K metalhead then you think of Törr
?? And why?Makes no sense to me.
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

And what is "Y2K"?
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

He meant that if one has listening roots in 2000-> present Metal, one will more likely go for Törr rather than Master's Hammer, which can be debatable, however. People with earnest interest in early Black Metal will go for Master's Hammer. Probably. Well I hope they will go, damnit.
I am ... the One you warned me of
deathster

Post by deathster »

Actually I meant that Törr is more hyped in this century than it was in 90s. So naturally it attracts attention and new listeners. This whole Eastern metal obsession is from Y2K. Törr, Tudor, Svaty Vincent etc etc... No talk about Masters Hammer anymore (because their albums are quite easily obtainable?). In 90s it was Masters Hammer that ruled (and still do).

This is just my opinion, so do not take it so seriously and as dogma.
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

BUT WHAT IS "Y2K"??? The meaning of the two letters and the number.
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

Y EAR
K short for greek "kilo" = thousand

-> Year Two Thousand. has been used a lot around the Millenium change.. here as synonyme for all the "00" years I guess.. 8)
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Thanks man, but now I feel a little ignorant, he he. :oops:
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Cochino wrote:Actually, when I think about czech metal, the first band that comes to mind is Törr.
Here's a little ranking from me
Master's Hammer>Root>Tudor>Törr>Crux

but Czech metal only Master's Hammer and Törr come on that's ridiculous.Czechoslovakia had one of the best scenes of the world.

CALIBOS,KRYPTOR,LORETTA,ARAKAIN,PULS,CITRON,DEBUSTROL,ATOMIC and lots more...

Even some new Black Metal from Czech like MANIAC BUTCHER,DARK STORM rules.What else do you want? :wink:
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Törr was never hyped, I think they are still very overlooked, even if they got more attention in the last 2 years.

I love Master's Hammer, Root and the others mentioned here, but Törr is for me the best, I like Svaty Vincent and Tudor, even if these opinions are supposed to be "trend"
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Extremely overhyped in "Y2K" is e.g. Flames Of Hell hands down

Good stuff but come on