Anyone heard these??

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
LWR

Post by LWR »

Me mate just leaned over me shoulder and commented that X-ERYUS (Büms Rec?) are from Denmark and exceptionally awful aor, thus no SAVAGERS-connection whatsoever.
Yes,it's on Bums and includes Dansish guys. But what's this?? http://video.aol.com/video-search/sim/2240988235
Well,I have a question about the word "AOR". I'm not familier with precise English means or definitions,but it's called as AOR when featuring keyboards? Indeed the sound we can hear above site contains lots of keys,but if this is AOR,Universe is also AOR? Aside like/dislike,we cannot put an end to those kind of melodic ones with a simple word "AOR",in my opinion.
And the Savagers/Destiny has a melodic side,too. Is it too far from X-eryus,than the Mercyful fate to the Fate? Anyway I don't have any source for the X-eryus's family,so I delete it from my Swedish section,ya.
And he also saw PURPLE HAZE live at the age of 11 ...apparently they were post-PLEBB.
!!! :shock:
Still no clue about KARMA or FRENZY. A quick review perhaps?
I cannot have a review with my poor English,so I may send you something.

Cheers!
"DON'T BREAK THE OATH"
Stark

Post by Stark »

Yes, Purple Haze are post Plebb, actually the lable they are on is Plebb Records.
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

LWR wrote:I cannot have a review with my poor English,so I may send you something.
I meant just a few words on what they sound like 8)
I'll email you about exchanging recordings of those Swedish rarities. The 707 Inches..-list shall soon become 777!

Edit: will check those SAVAGERS/X-ERYUS links as soon as I'm with a computer w/ sound.

Could SAVAGERS actually have been a Danish act? :shock: :?:
LWR

Post by LWR »

I meant just a few words on what they sound like
Eh,silly I am. :oops:

Frenzy(1987) is melodic metal with neo-classical guitar leads and non-exiciting fem vocals.

Karma(1983) is good solid hard rock with excellent twinleads which reminds me of Praying Mantis.
Could SAVAGERS actually have been a Danish act?
I'm not sure,but Savagers is not found on the Rockdoc so far.
Maybe it'll end up that both has no blood relatives :)

btw,how do you think of these guys?
Both has the same name and the same guitar playing style.
"DON'T BREAK THE OATH"
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Since you guys talk about very obscure stuff.
Do you have more infos about ROSSOS,HELS,SAIGON(demo?).

Do anyone knows from which town where POWER UNIT?From GBG right?

Do you know apart from the known ones any other 80's band from the Very Northern Sweden?
LWR

Post by LWR »

Do you have more infos about ROSSOS,HELS,SAIGON(demo?).
First time to hear the Rossos.
Hels is great. Their EP is one of the best scandinavian metal of the dark side. How is going on ebay... :roll:
"DON'T BREAK THE OATH"
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I've only heard a rip of Swedish radio broadcast from 1982 featuring four tracks by Rossos and it was great!
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Stark

Post by Stark »

Yes, Power Unit were from Göteborg. Guitarist Johannes Losbäck was later found in Decameron and Seventh One.

Savatgers are from Sweden. I received a demo by them prior to the album, when I was writing for Backstage Magazine.
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
GJ

Post by GJ »

DaN wrote:Could SAVAGERS actually have been a Danish act? :shock: :?:
Stark wrote:Savatgers are from Sweden. I received a demo by them prior to the album, when I was writing for Backstage Magazine.
Could it be Savagers (and maybe also X-eryus) actually being Swedish/Danish like King Diamond (the band), Geisha and seemingly a thousand bands and projects these days (like Evil Masquerade)?
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I have been comfirmed that Savagers were swedish, and that 3 members from Savagers also played in X-eryus. I have talked to the bass player of Savagers son. Too bad they didn't have any MLPs left. :(
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL