Austrian Heavy Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Austrian Heavy Metal

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I have only three bands but all of them are so special to me, these are STORMWAVE,MANIAC,HAPPL are you familiar with the Austrian Heavy Metal scene?I think it is extremely Underated.So many great bands were hide from the wide audience.Any recommendations for other great bands(every view will be respected)?I think i will concentrate in grabbing all the 80's Metal albums from this country for the next years.
HexxWitch

Post by HexxWitch »

Maniac First LP is Fucking great!!
Then you have.
Blind Petition and Blowin Free
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

HexxWitch wrote:Maniac First LP is Fucking great!!
Then you have.
Blind Petition and Blowin Free
Yes i agree about Maniac's s/t i have it on vinyl and it is one of my favourite records ever.Blowin Free are good?I haven't heard so good comments about them?
HexxWitch

Post by HexxWitch »

Blowin Free has members from Blind Petition I think
Not a favorite band just something in the middle!!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Other bands?What about U8,No Bros,Innocence,Greifenhagen,Gallows Pole,Gil Brent,Be Cool :?:
HexxWitch

Post by HexxWitch »

Innocence Have I and it Fucking Great

NP: Alone In The Night
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I think that Sacrafice and Mortician are god bands and deserve to hear them, even when their albums are a bit difficult to get
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Is there an Austrian Sacrafice too?
If my recollections are good, I remember that there was a german Sacrafice, a heavy metal band who had one EP in the beginning of the eighties.

What kind of music does the Austrian Sacrafice play, because I don't know the band? Is it any good?
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Andreas wrote:Is there an Austrian Sacrafice too?
If my recollections are good, I remember that there was a german Sacrafice, a heavy metal band who had one EP in the beginning of the eighties.

What kind of music does the Austrian Sacrafice play, because I don't know the band? Is it any good?
No metalmaster made a wrong here.Sacrafice were of corpse not Austrian they were from Detmold,Deuschland.I have their EP,as for their style it is very strange.Classic heavy metal with very very very AGGRESSIVE and BRUTAL vocals for a release of the 1984(hear that Dan better get this EP soon).Also the singer in the track ''When The Wolf Cries'' really is howling like a wolf.Good OBSCURE band indeed.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

There were a Zwiss SACRIFICE doing pretty good melodic metal on their "Altar of Rock" LP. Haven't heard the debut 12" that German band. Upload anyone?

I haven't heard much Austrian steel that impressed me. BLOWING FREE, BLIND PETITION, MANIAC and NO BROS are all below average stuff in my ears. I liked the GALLOWS POLE debut though - great epic hard rock! Anyone got their über-rare 2nd LP?
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
Andreas wrote:Is there an Austrian Sacrafice too?

No metalmaster made a wrong here.Sacrafice were of corpse not Austrian they were from Detmold,Deuschland.I have their EP,as for their style it is very strange.Classic heavy metal with very very very AGGRESSIVE and BRUTAL vocals for a release of the 1984(hear that Dan better get this EP soon).Also the singer in the track ''When The Wolf Cries'' really is howling like a wolf.Good OBSCURE band indeed.
Fool me! I promose not to drink too much before writing soething in this forum :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Just remembered: U8 were from Austria, right? Their debut LP "Pegasus 1001" from '82 is simply superb nwobhm-laden HM - highly recommended!

Has anyone heard SPEED LIMIT? The Metalpage review sounded promising.
acid

Post by acid »

I have this "Heavy metal aus Austria" compilation somewhere with Blind Petition, Babajaga and some other bands I don't remember... gotta search for the CD. As far as I know all bands where pretty avarage though!
Geen gezeik, ik heb gelijk.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Fucking Åmål wrote:Other bands?What about U8,No Bros,Innocence,Greifenhagen,Gallows Pole,Gil Brent,Be Cool :?:
Gallow's Pole has released to decent hard rock albums "In Rock we Trust" and "We Wanna Come Home" in the 80's.
They also has released an album called "The Smile of Dolphins" in 2000, but I've never heard this one.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

BURNING VISION are any good? i found their vinyls for 15 euros.Buy?

What about other obscure bands SABOTAGE,REWARD,BABA JAGA,ANGELINA,SCHUBERT,HAPPL(first) that hardly ever mentioned?