Terrasphere

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Terrasphere

Post by ION BRITTON »

I have a mp3 rip of their one and only(?) album. It's some kind of techninal nervous thrash with frenzy vocals, which becomes quite boring progressively. HOWEVER, the opening track ''Re-emergence of Atlantis'' except for its great title is also a FUCKIN' KILLER! Very eerie with one of the strangest melodies i've ever heard, it has really smashed my skull! I must have heard it 15 times successively already! Has anyone heard this LP? Dan, you definitely must hear this track! It would be a top-10 choice for a weird-metal compilation!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I used to have both original demos with this band. I'm not sure if I still have them or if I sold them at some record fair. Gotta check this out...
Pretty good, original & quirky speed/thrash as I remembered it.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I have the album "Third in Order of the Sun". It's a good one, the vocals are rather strange, but it's solid thrash, quite technical but never boring.

I don't know if they had released othe material.
DeathMetalWeenie

Post by DeathMetalWeenie »

I have this one.

I got it in a mystery metal box at Record time Records, back in 1993 or so. It is just a box that says metal, and inside is either 35 bands you worship or 35 bands you hate. Mystery box items, were the ones, that was on there do not buy back list. So you need a sense of humor when you open that box up.

After my favorite magazine, went defunct in the summer of 1986 it was a toss-up between if I would be a reader of Metal Maniacs (the Liz Civarella magazine), not the Metal Mania (out of San Frisco California), and Metal Forces out of Europe.

I made the wrong choice because Metal Forces are collector items, nowadays.

A mystery metal box is a box of 30 or 40 CD's sold at $51 because the artwork is missing or the spine has a saw cut or a drill was ran through the barcode. Or the CD is the European pressing but the back layout and inserts are printed in Canada or America. Or was a Columbia House or a record club like that.

This one had no artwork which is a shame because the artwork it is pretty cool.

This release never grapped my attention, like the first two Watchtower's, or the first 2 Annihilator CD's, or the first two Juggernaunt releases on Metal Blade.

If you come across any interviews or record reviews of this band. I am sure they would say they are fans of bands like Realm and Toxik.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

DaN wrote:I used to have both original demos with this band. I'm not sure if I still have them or if I sold them at some record fair. Gotta check this out...
Pretty good, original & quirky speed/thrash as I remembered it.
Oh I'd love to hear those demos! Any chance to see them in Poisonoise? Please, PLEASE :)