Alien Force / Zeyking

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
snaps666

Alien Force / Zeyking

Post by snaps666 »

Well, most of you people in here must like this old danish classic?

Have you heard the recently (re)released Zeyking 7" ?

I wasn't even aware there ever was a 7" release planed by them.

Also, I can inform Alien Force are reuniting for a live gig in september together with Artillery!!!
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

I bought the original ALIEN FORCE LP some months ago. Fairly OK stuff, but not close to the greatness of M FATE, EVIL, WITCH CROSS and RANDY. Anyway, if they're playing live in the Copenhagen region I'd probably go to see it.
Fun records
Dawnwatcher

Re: Alien Force / Zeyking

Post by Dawnwatcher »

snaps666 wrote:Also, I can inform Alien Force are reuniting for a live gig in september together with Artillery!!!
Where?! Give us more information, please!
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Dawnwatcher wrote:
snaps666 wrote:Also, I can inform Alien Force are reuniting for a live gig in september together with Artillery!!!
September 12.

Copenhagen, at a place called The Rock.
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

snaps666 wrote:
Dawnwatcher wrote:
September 12.

Copenhagen, at a place called The Rock.
Alright! I'll totally be there. Not very far and not too expensive to get there. :D I really love Alien Force.

I haven't heard that Zeyking 7'' though. Seen it on eBay, but haven't bought it. It should be very good knowing it's pre-Alien Force. Aren't there anyone who has heard it here?
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Dawnwatcher wrote:[]
Alright! I'll totally be there. Not very far and not too expensive to get there. :D I really love Alien Force.

I haven't heard that Zeyking 7'' though. Seen it on eBay, but haven't bought it. It should be very good knowing it's pre-Alien Force. Aren't there anyone who has heard it here?
Cool... See you there then :) Artillery is very good live these days as well I tell you.

I got that Zeyking 7", I like it alot. I belive the recordings was not long before they changed name to Alien Force.

I would recomend you to get it, hell it's worth the money for the small bio and photos in the cover :D
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Metalipeiklo wrote:I bought the original ALIEN FORCE LP some months ago. Fairly OK stuff, but not close to the greatness of M FATE, EVIL, WITCH CROSS and RANDY. Anyway, if they're playing live in the Copenhagen region I'd probably go to see it.
I haven't heard ALIEN FORCE yet but the bands Joel refers are also my favourite Danish bands(plus NIGRO MANTIA,MIRAGE,KING DIAMOND).
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

Is the gig still happening?
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Yes
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I picked up the ZEYKING 7" from I Hate a few months ago. Haven't played it since then and I guess that says something about the quality. Not overly bad but as I remember it we're talking pretty straight-forward, mediocre hard rock.

On the other hand I also heard that 2nd ALIEN FORCE lp around the same time and was surprised by how outstanding some of the songs were. Definitely more uneven than the debut, but it definitely contains their best songs. And worst.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

A bunch of people from the SRF board are heading over to Copenhagen to see Artillery & Alien Force. Some of them are probably also spending the night in my flat, providing it's ok with the lady of the house.

If all goes well, we'll also be doing a grand tour of the record shops of Copenhagen earler during the day.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I need to see this, for sure. Alien Force - Hell and high water is one of the best records out there.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Khnud wrote:A bunch of people from the SRF board are heading over to Copenhagen to see Artillery & Alien Force. Some of them are probably also spending the night in my flat, providing it's ok with the lady of the house.

If all goes well, we'll also be doing a grand tour of the record shops of Copenhagen earler during the day.
Sounds cool.

I can make a "guide" to Copenhagen recordshops, if you need it?
vansinne

Post by vansinne »

snaps666 wrote: I can make a "guide" to Copenhagen recordshops, if you need it?
I'd be interested in that as well. :D
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Ok, I will look into it next week.

There's not as many good 2nd hand stores as just a few years back, and the few left seems to know more about prices etc now (curse of the internet), so it it's hard to find great deals these days, but it is still possible.