US/CAN - metal 7"s

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Who won the BUSTER CHERRIE 7'' on eBay recently? It needs to be ripped and presented to the metal masses immediately! At least the a-side.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

This bump reminded me:
I don't suppose anyone took the opportunity to ask anyone from ABATTOIR at KIT about that single? I was thinking of doing so myself but forgot about it when I was there.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

In the wake of the Hazardous Waste and Jonas Grumby finds recently posted in Take It Or Leave It, I thought I'd bump this to see if anyone's found any interesting items lately? I know some interesting things have been posted in Top Items.

I don't know many US singles so I can't contribute much new info :(
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

The THRUSTER 7" RIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has the Banshee 7" been mentioned yet? If not: It RIPS!!!!!!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

The Sentinel wrote:The THRUSTER 7" RIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has the Banshee 7" been mentioned yet? If not: It RIPS!!!!!!!
Ripping-day, very nice :D

THRUSTER was a brilliant band, the singlel as well as the demo. I'm sure you also enjoy the MINOTAUR 7" from Canada. It's also been re-released on the lp from OPM Records, very fine down-to-earth heavy metal by this very young band (i think they were only 19 when they released their single back then).
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Agreed on Thruster, only got to hear that one recently and really liked both sides!

Someone mentioned Frigid Bich previously; also got to hear that one and again, 2 strong songs! 'Call Us Robinhoods' is great!

Couple of other recently-heard US singles:

Chyld- liked both songs on this one too, though 'ye morelok' is the best one.

Commandment- great single, though I wish they had a non-LP track, or at least a non-instrumental on side B. I never understand why a band would put an instrumental on one side of a single, just doesn't seem to be the best way to promote yourself.

Enjoyed the Hazardous Waste single as well; not the best single ever, but both songs are definitely better than average
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
DTP

Post by DTP »

didn't the VooR (can) demo get pressed on a 45?

if not, it should be...
formally 'Hellpreacher'
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Don't think it was mentioned yet, maybe because it wasn't originally released back in the day, but the Iron Head 7" is a real killer- love both songs. Probably the best single I came across this year
-Becky
daniel

Post by daniel »

Never heard Iron Head, you got samples?
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

daniel wrote:Never heard Iron Head, you got samples?
Nope, sorry. They were a canadian band that turned into the Canadian BREAKER. I like the Iron Head tracks much better than 'in days of heavy metal'; the IH tunes are catchier and heavier. The single was just a demo recording; OPM released the 7"
-Becky
Stormbringer

Post by Stormbringer »

DTP wrote:didn't the VooR (can) demo get pressed on a 45?

if not, it should be...
Never heard of a Voor 45 unleass it's a recent bootleg. I know I'm definitely not the only one who would be into releasing their demos on vinyl!
dford

Post by dford »

nightsblood wrote:
daniel wrote:Never heard Iron Head, you got samples?
Nope, sorry. They were a canadian band that turned into the Canadian BREAKER. I like the Iron Head tracks much better than 'in days of heavy metal'; the IH tunes are catchier and heavier. The single was just a demo recording; OPM released the 7"
The Iron Head 7 inch is awesome,rough and heavy, very enjoyable.It was recorded as a demo in Calgary at the beginning of the 80's. Someone mentioned the Banshee single, that would have to be my favorite release, it's very hard to find out any info on them and has led to an 10yr obsession to hunt down their singers solo private release Jamie Lee Saint s/t lp. As for other Canadian 7 inches off the top of my head (most of my collection is packed away for moving)
Tales of Medusa "Legions of Medusa"
Joker "Not Playing With A FulL Deck" from Edmonton, Canada(bay area sounding)
Schiziod " Beer Thief EP" (Sloppy 80's punk, very good from St. John's NFLD)
Fatal Mistake "7 inch" Very metal looking, skulls, blood and all but more hard rock than anything
As for the US one that hasn't been mentioned here is X-CALIBER "DARK STRANGER and FIRE". It was released on MOS EKE 1981, Their only release I believe, no cover, fucking awesome release, I highly recommend it if you can find a copy.
dford

Post by dford »

Some info on the X-CALIBAR single
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3540285687
Apparently Waykoolrecords has a copy for $12!
http://www.waykoolrecords.com/pages/page19d.html (btm of page)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

dford wrote:Joker "Not Playing With A FulL Deck" from Edmonton, Canada(bay area sounding)
What?

I must hear this.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
dford

Post by dford »

Here is a link I found today for it( I hope it's ok to post something like this, I don't have it in digital format only the 7inch http://rapidshare.com/files/215993833/N ... eck_7_.zip It was released 1990, I've seen it on ebay twice i think, it goes pretty cheap. The last person I saw that sold one was Jim from OPM records (rattlehead14 on ebay).