The Corroseum bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

I had band in '93-'95. It was called Mental effort
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=38799
we were some deathish band with every member with
different style (drummer was into doom, bassist into black,
guitarist into hc/punk, me into thrash), that's main thing
why we broke... we have done one demo and we were
featured with five song on croatian compilation cd
Full metal jacket which was released under Drinking skull
main man Maras record label...

now I play guitar in band called Krumpirova zlatica,
but only after "few" beers... 8)

if someone interested I can upload demo...
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Well, I heard Bigfoot and it is way too experimental for me, sorry. And I listened to Pessimus a few more times and it started to grow into me, I'm starting to like it!!!
Am I the only one giving some kind of feedback? C'mon, this wasn't supposed to be a promotional thread, there's the "Cold Lake" forum for that, this one is supposed to be a "give and take" kind of thing.
ancient tyranny

Post by ancient tyranny »

Cochino wrote:Well, I heard Bigfoot and it is way too experimental for me, sorry. And I listened to Pessimus a few more times and it started to grow into me, I'm starting to like it!!!
Am I the only one giving some kind of feedback? C'mon, this wasn't supposed to be a promotional thread, there's the "Cold Lake" forum for that, this one is supposed to be a "give and take" kind of thing.
I´ll check all that stuff and give some feedback when I´ve more time....
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Cochino wrote:Well, I heard Bigfoot and it is way too experimental for me, sorry. And I listened to Pessimus a few more times and it started to grow into me, I'm starting to like it!!!
Cochino, i'm still gonna comment, but i'm taking the time to give the music a really good listen, i don't wanna comment about the Corosseum bands without giving them a fair shake.
Sorry you didn't "get" my band Bigfoot, we get that a lot.
:lol:
I think maybe our music's not very instant, but after a few plays it starts to make more sense. The last song on the EP is probably the most traditionally Heavy Metal, maybe give that one another couple of plays and see if it sticks?
Either way, thanks for giving it a try, if you think the EP's too experimental, you're gonna hate the album we're recording!
Comments coming though, bear with me.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Yeah, I liked the metal parts, but then the funky bits were kinda... I don't know, just not my thing really, hehe.
But of course I'll give it a few more chances.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Cochino wrote:Yeah, I liked the metal parts, but then the funky bits were kinda... I don't know, just not my thing really, hehe.
But of course I'll give it a few more chances.
Yeah, it must be difficult to get a handle on us at first listen.
And we're definitely not to everyone's taste.
There's a bit less "funky" in the newer material, (we recorded the EP in 2004), but the arrangements have become ever more abstract, the heavy parts are heavier, but the weirder bits are even further "out there".
We seem to confuse people when they hear the cd, but somehow it works when we play live.
We've played with all kinds of bands from Death Metal (Achren), to Grindcore (Co-Exist), to Modern Metal (Mendeed), to Punk (Mutley), to Cock Rock (The Cherrykicks), to even playing with ex-members of Frank Zappa's Mothers Of Invention (Jimmy Carl Black & The Muffin Men), and we always seem to win them over by the end of the set.
Although sometimes it looks like we're getting nowhere until the last song or two, when suddenly people seem to get it.
Getting the live "x-factor" onto the sterile environment of the compact disc seems to be where our problem lies, but we'll get there eventually.
Hopefully.

:wink:
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

I used to play guitar in a thrash band back during my sophmore year in high school (been around 14-15 years now). I'll have to see if I've still got a tape of the three songs we recorded.

We only completed 3 songs entirely (minus solos, as I'm not much of a lead player... :oops: ) Never settled on a name either. We split up before my junior year, as the drummer moved out of state, and the bass player didn't really want to play metal anymore. Never could find another drummer after that, so it was the last full band I was in.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

SideShow wrote:I used to play guitar in a thrash band back during my sophmore year in high school (been around 14-15 years now). I'll have to see if I've still got a tape of the three songs we recorded.

We only completed 3 songs entirely (minus solos, as I'm not much of a lead player... :oops: ) Never settled on a name either. We split up before my junior year, as the drummer moved out of state, and the bass player didn't really want to play metal anymore. Never could find another drummer after that, so it was the last full band I was in.
You should start a thread to name the band, i'm sure the great minds here could come up with some really good ones!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

bigfootkit wrote:
SideShow wrote:I used to play guitar in a thrash band back during my sophmore year in high school (been around 14-15 years now). I'll have to see if I've still got a tape of the three songs we recorded.

You should start a thread to name the band, i'm sure the great minds here could come up with some really good ones!
How about Minus Solos?
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Black Axe wrote:
bigfootkit wrote:

How about Minus Solos?
Yeah, that's a good one, make sure to add umlauts ('') above the vowels for extra kvlt metal kudos.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Mynvssölös :shock:
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

I play the guitar at a band called Steamroller Assault(but i guess you know that already :P 8) ).It's a down'n'dirty Heavy Metal band the Anvil/Raven/Motorhead way (etc etc)
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Cochino wrote:Mynvssölös :shock:
:lol:
Yeah, now it looks arcane enough to be cool!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Let me just say up front, i'm not a Death Metal fan in any shape or form, but i wanted to give this a try and i tried not to bring any preconceptions with me when i sat down to listen to Cochino's band.
I've given it almost a week, to try & get a feel for it.
Here we go then, the "Holocausto Fecal" demo by PEDO as it sounded to me.
Song 1.
Fuck me, this is raw sounding stuff.
Opening riff reminds me a little of early Voivod.
I like the caveman thud of the chorus.
The audio mix is a bit weird, the vocals & guitar seem too loud to me, not enough bass & guitar.
I detect a bit of Venom worship on the solos.
That was pretty good, almost catchy.
Song 2.
Do I hear an Amebix influence here?
Nothing specific, just the murky vibe in general.
Woah, nice "Show No Mercy" style solo!
Neat.
Song 3.
Descending riff @ the end of the chorus is really evil sounding.
EVILLL!!!
Great breakdown too.
Bass & Guitar sound seems better balanced with the Drums & Vocals here.
Did you record this live in the studio?
Song 4.
Great sample at the start from a great movie.
Double tracked high/low vocals remind me here slightly of early Kreator maybe?
Guitar line has made me think of Amebix again, and is similar to "Bobby's Into Hardcore" by The Bensons too. No bad thing.
Fuckin' hell! Breakdown is really crazy on this one, good blasting.
Ah, nice touch with the sample on the outro too.
Hey, that was pretty alright!
I wanted to say something positive about the vocals Cochino, you seem like a good guy, but the Death Metal style of singing is just too one dimensional & restrictive for me to get into.
No offence intended, Death Metal vocals don't do anything for me in general, similarly so here.
I don't feel qualified to comment on whether or not your singing's any good, it's just simply not my genre.
I definitely prefer this overall sound and style to all the hyper-technical death metal stuff you hear nowadays, that's just way too sterile sounding for me.
This has a really raw feel, at times like early UK (good) punk (Discharge,Conflict etc), much better suited to my ears.
Overall, definitely not what i was expecting/fearing, good memorable riffs, good playing, good cohesive sound, and i keep having to go back to "Abominación Cloacal" to listen to it again! That's got to be a good sign. Have i gone over to the "dark side"?
I certainly wasn't expecting to enjoy this as much as i have, perhaps do something different with the vocals & you may have a fan here.
How's about trying singing in a King Diamond style?
It would certainly make Pedo stand out.
Lol.
Best of luck with the band my friend, i've been surprised, educated and impressed in equal measure. :wink:
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Me and 2 friends recorded alot of funny songs, with very silly lyrics when we was 13 years old. We wanted to do comical stuff, singing about monsters, blood, women, war and such stuff in a extremely silly way. It ended up with 4-5 songs of pure power metal with those kinda lyrics, haha.

"Starring eyes, monster hands, green discusting adams apple, I smell your stench.. Chemicals and shit. You look forward I look backwards to avoid your nasty look, you'll take my blind gut, I fall in pain *"

* = Extremely annoying and awful falsetto scream.

Anyway, we did a demo with 3 tracks and we called ourselves BALROG. Dead Mans Crusade was the name of the demo containing:

Dead Mans Crusade
Warriors Of Steel (In leather and helmet)
Monsterman

I guess you all would get nightmares of a monster trying to set your bed on fire if you heard it. But I'm sure you all would get a good laugh, haha.

We also did 2 other songs called "Forces of Metal" and "The Mighty Balrog".

If someone wants me to upload it, I'll do it. But be careful, it's horrible, haha.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL