Bands everyone loves but you hate

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Hellpreacher wrote:
Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Hellpreacher wrote:Sabbat (uk)
Sorry to hear that. What puts you off them?
i don't "hate" SABBAT by any means, but the one disk i've heard (Mourning has come)
'Everybody' dislikes that album. :lol:
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Black Axe wrote:'Everybody' dislikes that album. :lol:
100% truth. I haven't even heard rumours of anyone even finding it "OK". Missing out on such great band would be like missing out on CELTIC FROST by only having heard c**d l**e :(

@hp:
If you can't find it elsewhere I'll upload the "Fragments of a Faith Forgotten" demo for you. That would be the best introduction to the band I can think of. One of the most wicked, sinister & original Thrash recordings ever made.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I know a guy who ranks the third UK-Sabbat as one of his top 10 metal albums
Honestly I still didnt managed to get into it. I even found the first hard to get into
Last edited by The Knell on Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

DaN wrote:
Black Axe wrote:'Everybody' dislikes that album. :lol:
100% truth. I haven't even heard rumours of anyone even finding it "OK".
Well have you read it's only review on MA. Here's a quote:
"Mourning has Broken" will never get the same respect as the first two Sabbat albums, "History of a Time to Come" and "Dreamweaver." Those albums are the reason why Sabbat is cited by many as England's best thrash band of the 80's (an opinion I wholeheartedly agree with). The lineup and stylistic changes on the third album were just too much for some fans to take. But if you want to hear a great power metal album with dark lyrics, powerful vocals and great musicianship, then give "Mourning Has Broken" a chance. It may be "the beginning of the end" for this legendary UK band, but I think that any metal fan, and certainly any Sabbat fan, could enjoy this lost classic.
http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=500

And he gave the album 85% out of 100%. That's a lot more than OK! :D
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Dave_the_Boss

Post by Dave_the_Boss »

Hellpreacher wrote: Sabbat (uk)
Same here. I can't stand the vocals and find most of the riffs pretty annoying.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I'm wondering how Mr. ®O©O feels right now.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Satan is Our Pal

Post by Satan is Our Pal »

Hellpreacher wrote:
Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Hellpreacher wrote:Sabbat (uk)
Sorry to hear that. What puts you off them?
i don't "hate" SABBAT by any means, but the one disk i've heard (Mourning has come) just doesn't do much for me, don't know why. i'm sure most on here will tell me to check out the earlier stuff, which i probably will, as soon as i can locate them!

for the record, SABBAT sounds loads better than anything SKYCLAD ever did! :)
Sirbut are fucking great man, I'm lsitening to them right now. In fact listen here, random first 3 pulled up on youtube, you must be converted. I must be alone in digging Anthrax, fuck it. A band I do hate is Megadeth, if I could punch one guy right in the face it would be Dave Mustard, the squealing little ginger bastard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhJI-Reun9c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QxxeOVu ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=685uHyRb ... re=related
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Hellpreacher wrote:SABBAT sounds loads better than anything SKYCLAD ever did! :)
'Wayward Sons Of Mother Earth' is still a very Sabbat sounding album!

If you ever become a Sabbat fan check this out too...
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Old Skyclad is pretty good stuff if you ask me. Especially Burnt Offering.
Still, History Of A Time To Come and Dreamweaver are some of the few perfect thrash metal albums and staples of the genre if you ask me. The high quality of lyrics is also astonishing. You simply don't get THRASH as fucking great as this anymore.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
nabel

Post by nabel »

If I ever will find that librarian who had added History Of Time To Come tape in late eighties/early nineties to the library near where I lived my childhood I will buy few and more pints to her/him.
msp

Post by msp »

Avenger wrote:Add Sepultura to my list.
Anything post Arise sucks a major donkey dick as far as I am concerned. Chaos AD was the beginning of the end for this band
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

Hellpreacher wrote:i don't "hate" SABBAT by any means, but the one disk i've heard (Mourning has come) just doesn't do much for me, don't know why. i'm sure most on here will tell me to check out the earlier stuff, which i probably will, as soon as i can locate them!
uff...didn't see this...

man...you didn't listen...you didn't read! AT ALL!

as if I was comparing Endorama to Kreator's
discography and I'm hating them because of it!

btw...Mourning has broken!

considering that I listen Sabbat for 20 years now, I can't
judge how today someone looks on their albums and gives opinion on them today.
but than that was something!

even i'm not much fan of MHB album too and was hating that vocalist too much,
i dig and bought his original demo and was amazed by it.
http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/view ... =desmatron
So MHB has good riffage on it, has irritating vocalist(but his demo shows he is not!)
so at the end can't judge it's bad just not right.

First read a book called Way of the wyrd,
than buy a record, take lyrics play it loud -
feel it and you'll see!

For something amazing listen Blood for the blood god
and for banging crank History of a time to come!

if you fail - give up! :mrgreen:
Hellpreacher wrote:for the record, SABBAT sounds loads better than anything SKYCLAD ever did! :)
it sounds, but probably you have only listened "Avant-garde" album than :wink:
DTP

Post by DTP »

®O©O wrote:
man...you didn't listen...you didn't read! AT ALL!

as if I was comparing Endorama to Kreator's
discography and I'm hating them because of it!

if you fail - give up! :mrgreen:
fair enough, i've certainly given ppl crap in the past for choosing the 'wrong' albums by established bands...i think another reason for me not checking out SABBAT sooner was due to an old buddy who was absolutely *fanatical* over them; no other band, metal or otherwise, mattered other than SABBAT. so all of the endless blathering over how superior medieval folk-metal was over everything else got a bit tepid after a while, which kindof soured my outlook on them...same thing with the MISFITS; i couldn't listen to them for years due to another moron i knew pulling the same shit so...i know it's no excuse, and i intend to give the other two disks a fair listen one day, but for now, they still fail to do anything for me.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Hellpreacher wrote:an old buddy who was absolutely *fanatical* over them; no other band, metal or otherwise, mattered other than SABBAT.
Nothing wrong with that, better that he was fanatical about Sabbat than Metallica!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

Don't "hate" them, but Belladonna-era ANTHRAX is not something I have much use for. Joey's vocals never worked for me in a thrash band - and the rap elements that got mixed up in this band were utterly awful. Joey should have been in a band that sounded like heavy QUEEN (though he will never be able to touch Freddie's God-like voice) instead of what was supposed to be a heavy metal act, imo.

The Turbiin album is a firm favorite however. And I do like some of the Bush stuff as well.
"On your feet, or on your knees"